Author Topic: Angry_Jew's name is offensive  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
Re: Angry_Jew's name is offensive
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 01:00:57 am »
As I said, Jewish isn't a race orelse all of these other religions would be  a race because it was a group of people that started religions, right? Just like Judaism
Ca$hville 615

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 01:12:23 am »
"Jewish" is not a race, contrary to popular American belief. They are Hebrews (original, not converted Jews) if they are the ones who originated in the Middle East.

The name shouldn't offend anyone, unless the person is using a deliberate insult in the name. The "big nose" shouldn't be offensive, either, because it's just an opinion and a stereotype (although people stereotyping you can be quite annoying :D).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:17:12 am by Miley »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 01:17:05 am »
Jason, I don't know what your deal is. I'm Jewish, I already told you this. You I was happily playing the game, as I play often with other gegulars of the mod, and the minute you logged in you started tking me non-stop. I never give reasons to be tked. After I asked you to stop you started verbally harassing me, calling me a chocolate chip cookie, threatening me, and causing problems for everyone in the game while you were attacking me. I told you I was Jewish in the game, then you said "No you are not, You are a chocolate chip cookie". I can handle little kids tking me for no reason, but once someone verbally harasses me and attacks me because of my backround AND has the audacity to call me a chocolate chip cookie even after I've told them several times I'm Jewish, that's where I draw the line. My family emigrated from Italy to America to avoid prosecution from chocolate chip cookie's during WW2, several of my family did not even get out of Italy in time and were shipped from Italy to various parts of Europe to work as slave labor AND died because of the chocolate chip cookie's, so when a Jewish person says "I'm Jewish, don't call me a chocolate chip cookie" you don't call them chocolate chip cookie's.

Even more than that, you have the nerve to try to get me banned after you logged on, verbally harassed me, tked me, made fun of my heritage and culture, and called me a chocolate chip cookie? seriously, you are ridiculous. You even said in the game "I'm not a Jew" to everyone, so why are you pretending that you are.

For one, my name is a personal joke. My friends call me the Angry Jew because I actually happen to have the stereotypical big nose, and they call me "Angry" because I used to get picked on alot for it. Being Italian didn't help, but like most Jewish people we tend to make self jokes about ourselves, and the word "Jew" is not offensive, it's obvious you aren't Jewish. I don't need to explain this to you, this is mainly for everyone else.

Besides, it seems like you troll a lot in the game and on the forums. Everyone I talked to told me in game to ignore you since you TK often, some people even thought you had been banned previously for tking. Who knows, but you need to find better time than to try to get someone banned just because you are prejudiced against the Jewish.

Glad to finally see you on the forums man. Sorry that he caused ya so much trouble!

I'd say a case could be made for a temp ban of Jason if what you have said is true (which I don't doubt.)
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 03:23:43 pm »
:rolleyes:
You're completely misinterpreting what Native's meaning was, but w/e that's par for course for the forums.

Ok , your right .... i´m sorry that i interpreted it wrong.

Edit : Sorry Native_ATS ! In my first reading i didn´t understand what native means, cause my english is not so good .... After reading your post again , i understand what you mean ..... so sorry mate , that i get you wrong. Now i understand.

With the other thoughts , i was near , what was right ...

Look :

I think the name "Angry_Jew" is not so bad. He plays with that char , and if he is a jew , maybe he has humour , like a caricaturist or something.

For one, my name is a personal joke. My friends call me the Angry Jew because I actually happen to have the stereotypical big nose, and they call me "Angry" because I used to get picked on alot for it. Being Italian didn't help, but like most Jewish people we tend to make self jokes about ourselves, and the word "Jew" is not offensive, it's obvious you aren't Jewish. I don't need to explain this to you, this is mainly for everyone else.

That´s it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 03:31:38 pm by Sean_Drew »
Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Rakaz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »
idk about this one, jew isnt a bad word, nig or something like that  has a bad meaning and is not ok.
I think happy jew, silly jew, small jew, red eye jew, and mad jew isnt that bad. As a Native i would say just let it be and if your a jew be happy ur people are  being named after in a game or that ur people are still alive  :rolleyes:

This says it all.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2011, 08:17:35 am »
Being jewish is a race and religion.  I dont need to comment on the religion part - odviously.  The hebrew language and culture can be traced back all the way to messopotamia around 10,000 BC.  So it is a race as well as a religion.  The reason there are ashcachocolate chip cookiee and saphardic (how ever you spell it) is because for thousands and thousand of year Jews have been persecuted and exiled (understandable during the ancient times; lose the war lose your land and culture)  however the Jews managed to maintain it through the ages.  Anywayz just thought i would settle that.

P.S. LOL Darkkarma.  I'll add you to the list of haters.
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2011, 09:09:31 am »
Jason must be having a laugh

what kind of game is this were people cant have races, or race terns in there names. no Mongorians, Ethiopians, Sudanese, Jews or Subwoof clan wtf.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2011, 09:18:14 am »
How is angry jew an offensive name?
in my mind it puts forth the image of an....... Angry jew 
Nothing offensive there rly. Now something hurtful like Retarded_Jew or Ugly_Jew would be not allowed on these forums or in-game.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:19:51 am by TheDashingRogue »

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2011, 11:04:25 pm »
It does not degrade Jews in any way, this discussion has run it's course and will be locked shortly.

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 11:28:49 pm »
Jason, I don't know what your deal is. I'm Jewish, I already told you this. You I was happily playing the game, as I play often with other gegulars of the mod, and the minute you logged in you started tking me non-stop. I never give reasons to be tked. After I asked you to stop you started verbally harassing me, calling me a chocolate chip cookie, threatening me, and causing problems for everyone in the game while you were attacking me. I told you I was Jewish in the game, then you said "No you are not, You are a chocolate chip cookie". I can handle little kids tking me for no reason, but once someone verbally harasses me and attacks me because of my backround AND has the audacity to call me a chocolate chip cookie even after I've told them several times I'm Jewish, that's where I draw the line. My family emigrated from Italy to America to avoid prosecution from chocolate chip cookie's during WW2, several of my family did not even get out of Italy in time and were shipped from Italy to various parts of Europe to work as slave labor AND died because of the chocolate chip cookie's, so when a Jewish person says "I'm Jewish, don't call me a chocolate chip cookie" you don't call them chocolate chip cookie's.

Even more than that, you have the nerve to try to get me banned after you logged on, verbally harassed me, tked me, made fun of my heritage and culture, and called me a chocolate chip cookie? seriously, you are ridiculous. You even said in the game "I'm not a Jew" to everyone, so why are you pretending that you are.

Besides, it seems like you troll a lot in the game and on the forums. Everyone I talked to told me in game to ignore you since you TK often, some people even thought you had been banned previously for tking. Who knows, but you need to find better time than to try to get someone banned just because you are prejudiced against the Jewish.

Why fuck with him, no one that isn't a Jew would ever call himself a Jew (except Russian gangsters), everyone knows that. Who would voluntarily say they where Jewish?

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 01:05:18 am »
Being jewish is a race and religion.  I dont need to comment on the religion part - odviously.  The hebrew language and culture can be traced back all the way to messopotamia around 10,000 BC.  So it is a race as well as a religion.  The reason there are ashcachocolate chip cookiee and saphardic (how ever you spell it) is because for thousands and thousand of year Jews have been persecuted and exiled (understandable during the ancient times; lose the war lose your land and culture)  however the Jews managed to maintain it through the ages.  Anywayz just thought i would settle that.

P.S. LOL Darkkarma.  I'll add you to the list of haters.

The race would be Hebrew, not Jew. The term "Jew" is used incorrectly.

Offline JasonPastman

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guys That CMP Has Quoted [GTCHQ]
  • Game nicks: Jason_The_Great
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:40 am »
Not true Miley.  My Jewish histroy may be a little rusty but I believe that Jewdea and Isreal existed simultaniously way back when.  Israel eventually fell, however jewdia remained untill some one came along and conquered them (probibly babylon).  Thats where the name Jew comes from.  Frankly I think Israel should be named Jewdia but in the Tora, the holy land is referd to as Israel.  Anywayz since that time Hebrew=Jew. The term Hebrew is obsolete just like anglo/saxon.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:40:21 am by JasonPastman »
If a majority be united by a common interest, the rights of the minority will be insecure - James Madison
It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law - Thomas Hobbes.
Too busy not giving a fuck...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login