Author Topic: List of rediculously useless weapons - YOURS MIGHT BE ON IT  (Read 704 times)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
List of rediculously useless weapons - YOURS MIGHT BE ON IT
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:26 pm »
list of weapons without useful functions. I excluded low grade peasant weaponry as these are intended to be nicheless
(with the exception of the absurdly overpowered scythe)

Military Scythe: Apparently 35c and 89s wasnt bad enough and it has to be given 32c which is on par with many 1h swords. Used to be useful as a flexible weapon as it was a good swinging weapon that could be used with a shield but now it has been nerfed to oblivion and is inferior to the long hafted blade in all regards but cost (cost doesnt matter i wear full plate and a mw flamberge all the time and have 600k from selling heirloom points)

Long voulge: The only pokey weapon now that has a shitty 17p poke. Still 85 speed, unbalanced, and 37c on its primary attack (shitty overhead pole anim)
it has 10 more length than teh swiss but has no good pierce and considering the speed difference is useless in comparison. Balancing the weapon and boosting the speed to 91 would give it a niche but as it stands its a useless weapon.

Falchion: Even though the thing looks like it can easily lop off limbs and shatter shields it does a measly 30c. Apparently putting italian infront of the name of a weapon makes it good. Give the weapon bonus vs shield and a couple more dmg pts

Iron mace: Dont know where to start with this thing. Doesnt have much of anything going for it. being inferior to it's big brothers in every way. Even the winged mace has an additional pt of speed going for it

Short broad sword: Has shitty poke and swing and it's short. It only has speed going for it but even then thats neglible considering it take 6000 hits to kill these day's plate crutchers. Some make the argument that length makes it hard to thrust point blank. BS i get instant thrusted all the time by 1hands. This is a weapon without a real niche.

Double Sided Lance: This weapon is a combination of all polearm spears. A couch from lances, thust from the awlpike family, swingability from the warspear family. The thing is.. this weapon fails at all those more than it should. It is too short to lance with, too short to be a respectible poke polearm, the swing is too slow and too low damage to be useful. Not sure how to fix this one.

Theres a fuckton of other useless weapons but i have to go to classes
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: List of rediculously useless weapons - YOURS MIGHT BE ON IT
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:31:21 pm »
+1
I prefer Light Spiked Club and Spiked club. Both clubs declare that they have Knockdown, but they lack it, because both can make only pierce damage.

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:41 pm »
I own the MW Broad Short Sword for.. 6 Gens or so now, and it isn't really unbalanced.

Its the longest of the short swords. It has balanced pierce and cut damage 30/29 and its fast. I'm fine with it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:07:52 pm by CaveSquirrel »

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 01:43:31 am »
  • Wakizashi is 2 times the price of nordic short sword, has slightly worse stats, but it has 4 str requirement vs the 7 for nordic. the difference between 2 PS and 3.. actually with a slash weapon you should go for the 3 PS...
  • Smoke bomb doesnt even have an effect... and I havent seen anyone use it except when I tested it
  • Javelins.. who uses those? same requirement as throwing axes, yet 1k more, less damage (39 to 33 even though pierce vs cut), slower speed, worse accuracy and slower throw time.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:02 am »
  • Wakizashi is 2 times the price of nordic short sword, has slightly worse stats, but it has 4 str requirement vs the 7 for nordic. the difference between 2 PS and 3.. actually with a slash weapon you should go for the 3 PS...
  • Smoke bomb doesnt even have an effect... and I havent seen anyone use it except when I tested it
  • Javelins.. who uses those? same requirement as throwing axes, yet 1k more, less damage (39 to 33 even though pierce vs cut), slower speed, worse accuracy and slower throw time.

ad point 2, on several ocasions me and my friend used those to distract/dmg enemies

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:18 am »
point 3. Javelins have pierce indeed. And they feel completely different than the axes. I often prefer the javelins but currently play with the axes. It just depends on your playstyle. the 1k difference is probably for the pierce damage and fine as well. for that difficulty they are really nice!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me