Poll

Who made tomohawks

French
Indians
Swiss
Chinese
Native Americans

Author Topic: New Weapon Suggestions (New Class Suggestion)  (Read 1512 times)

Offline MangyHobo

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Small Village
  • Game nicks: KingWabajack Samurai_Wack_Off JuiceBagHero Necrophiliac Defiler_Of_(Instert object here)
  • IRC nick: Yo momma
New Weapon Suggestions (New Class Suggestion)
« on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:09 am »
I thought I might just post a few weapons I would love to see in crpg

The Main ones are weapons that could be used with a fist fighter class
(Something that is doable but not yet practical)

Spiked Gauntlets - They could be using the mechanic that makes heavy gloves do more damage but make them have more weight less armor like 4.0 pounds or add pierce some how (If you could make them pierce  that would be cool but Im not sure on how mechanics work)

Katar - A spiked blade that is worn on the hand (Could use same mechanic as the gloves if you can change speed and turn from blunt to cut)

Some Ninja punching weapons (Not sure about the name of them but there like wooden studs on a gauntlet  maybe they could have knock down?)

These weapons are just ideas.. They may be more practical to make a katar 1h and give it the punch animation but I still think some punching weapons would be nice. also they may require more balancing then what i posted

Some throwing weapons I think should be in the game

Tomahawk  - Like how could you guys forget this baby its a light weight throwing axe made from stone or bone
Throwing torch's - Sure not to practical but there fun to use ether way

Shongo”, “Kpinga”, “Sapa”, Hunga-Munga" There all names for a African throwing weapon that needs to be in the game http://thedarkblade.com/flying-african-blades-of-doom/    <There is a link to see what it looks like!

Boomerang or throwing stick! - does not need to fly back on the off hit just need to have them

Bolas - They would do almost no damage but have good chance to knock down the opponent or maybe kill a horse

Ball and chain - Could be on the line of a maul mixed with throwing lance (Balanced of course) But I know we have all seen this on Deadliest warrior and said man I need that on mount and blade

Naffitun? a jug filled with flaming oil - maybe not practical for mount and blade mechanics but who knows I thought I would throw it out there

Large Throwing Rocks - Come on pick that rock up with 2 hands and throw it down the ladder at the enemys!

NOW for some armor suggestions I thought I might make!

Light armor
-Jaguar warrior outfit - Thats right panthers baby
-War Paint - For those who like no armor but the skin on there back
-Chinese armors and cloths - They look really cool -_-
Bronze Armor! - For the poor
Greek armor! - sure not really the right time period but hey we all want it

Siege equipment
Mantlets -_-

one handed
-Egyptian mace - kinda old school but hey it was still a cool weapon
-Obsidian swords - To go with the jaguar warrior outfit
-Broad Scimitar  - That stereo type weapon that you see in Aladdin
-Rapier - Good old Musketeer weapon.. Not very accurate to time period but it is just a sword

Two Handed
-Mining Pick

All this stuff would be nice thank you but I know a lot of it would be hard to implement like the ball and chain or naffitun but mostof it makes sense to have like jaguar warrior outfit or boomerangs .. Im mostly wanting the fist fighting weapons but I really want people to read my post and take is seriously.. I  know a lot of you crpg players who are reading this are saying ether THAT'S PREPOSTEROUS! those weapons will NEVER BE IN CRPG... While others will think You my friend are a Guru of med-evil weaponry.... Just some suggestions
Fist Facer Strongest

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: New Weapon Suggestions (New Class Suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:15:54 am »
tomahawk is just a fancy francisca, thats where they got the idea from, the French (descendants of the Franks) explorers & traders

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:22:14 am »
I like Large stones.

If you wanna see them in game, all you need to do is:

1. Make model of big stone
2. Make animation of two handed throwing
3. Pester devs with your model and animatioms for some month
4. Receive what you want ingame after half a year

This is perfect scenario for all your suggested items.
If you do this, community will applaude you for week.

All other ''weapons'' is from hollywood movies, comic books or do not match timeframe.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:54:21 am »
wut. just wut. francisca and tomahawk have nothing to do with each, nothing.

guess you failed history class.  American Indians didnt invent the tomahawk bro...they were using STONE pieces of shit until Europeans came along and showed them the design and HOW to make metal throwing axes, aka the Francisca.  Most would credit the French, aka the Franks, aka Vikings that settled in Normandy region.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:58:22 am by Digglez »

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:25 am »
Your quote contradicts your earlier post and his post...

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:11 am »
Your quote contradicts your earlier post and his post...

not really.  'got idea for' = traded their corn for metal throwing axe

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:29 am »
guess you failed history class.  American Indians didnt invent the tomahawk bro...they were using STONE pieces of shit until Europeans came along and showed them the design and HOW to make metal throwing axes, aka the Francisca.  Most would credit the French, aka the Franks, aka Vikings that settled in Normandy region.

(click to show/hide)

American indians in Normandy region?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:32 am »
While flails would be super awesome, the game engine doesn't support them.

Also, nothing that shows skin will get in because there is no way to set the skin of the armor to be the skin of the player, as the armor model literally replaces the character's model when worn.

A lot of this stuff, while cool, really doesn't fit in with the general region the game draws equipment from (Europe + Islamic/Moorish empire + North-Western Asia, with the samurai stuff kind of tossed in there) Though, as screwed up as the time-frame of the game already is, I see no reason to not include the Rapier.

I'm against the greek stuff, but that's just because I'm not a fan of that style of armor.

I would like to see some Chinese armor though, I just love the way it looks.  :mrgreen: Someone had some models for these that they suggested adding in, but it got either rejected or ignored by devs.

Oh, and the fire jug is completely possible, but it won't get in. The "Smoke Bomb" used to be a "Fire Bomb" and did just this, but it got the fire taken out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:12 am »
: Someone had some models for these that they suggested adding in, but it got either rejected or ignored by devs.

Me lol?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 12:13:52 pm »
This only proves what I said. Francisca and Tomahawk have nothing to do with each other. There are even about at least 1000 years between them, just saying. Manufactured Steel throwing Axes from Europe in modern times =/= Francisca.

A tomahawk is a Francisca with an extra spike on the opposite side.  Take a look at the blade shapes and handle lengths buddy. 

Just like a musket with a bayonet is still a musket.  Adding 1 extra feature to a thousand year old design does not make it a completely new item.  Europeans traded Indians Franciscas, and Indians call them Tomahawks.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 12:34:12 pm »
+1
I like scientific level of this thred.

Well, I've got proof, that jet aviation was adopted by americans from indians.

see?

and this plagiarism

Offline Hippy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fiber One
  • Game nicks: Oats
  • IRC nick: Oats
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 01:12:39 pm »
I do not see how people cans say that items do not fit the time period of the game, Most of the gear is not within hundreds of years of each other, I believe that M&B was SUPPOSED to be out of the time tables, it's just a great mix of culture that all-in-all makes a great game because of the diversity.
Ban all Reddit

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 02:21:49 pm »
1886 mod had war paint somehow or another. Mustang shoot. Mustang good with bow.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline MangyHobo

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Small Village
  • Game nicks: KingWabajack Samurai_Wack_Off JuiceBagHero Necrophiliac Defiler_Of_(Instert object here)
  • IRC nick: Yo momma
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 11:43:53 pm »
Sweet some thread attention..
-To the guys arguing about the tomahawk. Yes they did exist in north america but they were made out of stone or bones. but that's not to say they were not lethal. If you had metal tomahawks that would be way out of time period considering people did not find north america until guns were invented.

-To the guy who says none of my gear is from time period or from comic books. Your wrong on the time period part and I cant think of a comic book with my stuff in it.. Its simply cool tribal weapons.

-To the guy who wish's for a flail. I was actually talking about a ball and chain.. (throwing weapon) It was used to break shield walls and the hard part is the animation. But I agree I really want a flail but the mechanics would not be happy with that one

-Make a texture and model? Well I am a good artist and know I could make some nice textures but I have no idea how to make a animation or mod games what so ever.. If someone was willing to team up with me or do the modding I would stop at nothing to get it added to the game. I really want throwing rocks.... make them super super slow and low range and bad aim but give the suckers crush threw!

and a lot of this just requires texturing which honestly does not take to long -_-
The main ones I want in the game are the
-Spiked gloves
-Boomerang
-Large rocks
-North american weaponry

-About the not being able to make armor show skin.. Well that would make the warpaint obsolete but There is no reason not to have jaguar warrior outfit or aboriginal hair feathers... Hell just throw in face paint ;)

and please guys I think crpg needs more weapons... (Not that there is not all ready a lot of weapons but you know..... there can always be more!)

-To everyone and anyone who want crpg to stay strictly medieval Europe and middle eastern are a bunch of NA/ south Asian haters. Lets make this game more global less "Kingdom of Heaven". Face it there was not only wars happening in Europe. There just the most famous.. I've seen about 10 time travel movies where some Americans go back in time and for some strange reason there always in Europe.   

-I also Forgot to mention that crpg needs WAY more bows and cross bows Heres just a few

-Cross Bows
Belly Shooter
Cho Ku No - Repeater
pistol crossbows - Hand held
Re-curve Crossbow

-Bows
Mayan Bow
Egyptian bows
Re-curve Bows
Reflex Bows
Greek Bows
Hell there are a ton of them...

Fist Facer Strongest

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 01:06:23 am »
+2
How about a flail (a ball-on-a-chain kind) but with a jug of flaming oil instead of ball?