Poll

Crafting Idea

I like the first idea (recipe trading)
4 (50%)
I like the second idea (recipe stacking)
2 (25%)
I like both ideas
0 (0%)
I like neither idea
1 (12.5%)
I like pie
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Strategus: Recipe Trading OR Recipe Stacking  (Read 492 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Strategus: Recipe Trading OR Recipe Stacking
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »
+1
I'd like to propose that we be allowed to trade recipes in Strategus.

e.g., I have 15 points in crafting Lordly Mail Gauntlets.  I can trade it to you, basically giving you my skill.  Now you have 15 points in it and I have 0.

If you already had 10 points in Lordly Mail Gauntlets, then when I trade you my 15 points, you now have 25 points in it.

Basically it would be nice to be able to setup a "Quatermaster" type person who spends most of his time crafting goods.  As clan members get "all thine hard work", they can pile their points on this person, who makes all the gear and distributes it.

This would be a hell of a lot better than the current game of "okay you make these and this guy makes those and Bob makes these and Fred makes these, okay now let's all try and swap stuff around", etc.

Alternative:
You can produce everything that every clan member in your town can produce, with total points added together.

e.g.:
Veraphim has 10 skill in Light Kuyak and is currently making goods
Digglez has 5 skill in Light Kuyak and is currently making goods
Turboflex has 20 skill in Light Kuyak and is currently making goods

I enter town with 0 skill in Light Kuyak but it shows up in my crafting list as an item I have 35 skill in -- the sum total of all of my clan mates in that town.

As long as they are all there, I can produce that item with our combined skill even though I personally have no skill in it.

This would again allow for a "Quartermaster" type position and lets everyone keep their individual skills.  (Alternative B would be to simply use the value of whoever has the most skill rather than adding them together.  e.g., it would use Turboflex's 20 skill rather than adding them up.  But I don't particularly see a problem with adding things up.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:52:52 pm by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Strategus: Recipe Trading OR Recipe Stacking
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »
I like the first suggestion.  Maybe make it a time period it takes to transfer the knowledge to the other person, like training?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
My question is this: How long would it take before you get a 100% discount?  I know there's pretty heavy DR, but this would allow some players to get several hundred points in that item.  I have only seen the discount up to 90 skill, and it may not even bypass 100 points - I don't know.

Anyway, this actually sounds like a really cool idea to me.  Maybe add some diminishing returns, or a lost gold component on the trades, so that you aren't able to just distribute a ton of points to people who will never lose those points.

Edit: I don't really like the recipe stacking idea.  If Recipe Trading were enabled, clan members could strategically distribute the points to multiple crafters, but they would be at a bigger financial loss, coupled with their speedier production, and  I think that's a good tradeoff.  When you have a lot of points, the difference may only be a few strat gold per item, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:25:32 pm by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 01:11:14 am »
Hmm. For that alternative, maybe make it so it only works in towns? Like, a town smith/tannery/workshop is big enough for people to work together, while a village or castles smith/tannery/workshop is too small? It would then give Towns another gimmick to them, as they are currently not as useful as villages or castles.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:00:34 am »
My question is this: How long would it take before you get a 100% discount?

I thought there was a hard cap somewhere.  My best is 35 points for 61% discount.  70% hardcap?
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:13:29 pm »
I thought there was a hard cap somewhere.  My best is 35 points for 61% discount.  70% hardcap?
I remember one of chadz posts saying it was capped at 80% discount. Might remember wrong.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:38:23 pm »
75% max discount. Unless 99-100 gives you 5% for some crazy reason.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(