Author Topic: continue to 33 or retire?  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: continue to 33 or retire?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 09:01:14 pm »
Quoted For Truth. Never take WM if you only got a single melee category to put it in.

... unless you like some more attack speed and more damage.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 12:12:59 am »
... unless you like a barely noticeable, especially in battle attack speed and slightly more damage. And having less HP because you put points into WM instead of IF on a single melee proficiency build.

Fixed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:15 am »
Anyone knows if this damage calculator works correctly? http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Offline Tarasque

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 12:16:16 pm »
umm .... I will try this build in my next gen, or should I remove WM and put 5 on IF and One handed: 111?

Strength: 24
    Agility: 15

Skills to attributes: 8

Ironflesh: 3
    Power Strike: 8
    Shield: 5
    Athletics: 5
    Weapon Master: 2

One Handed: 123

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »
If you are planing build on 30 lvl I'd recomend 21/15, you won't profit too much from extra 1 PS while you sacrifise some HP points (talking about build with 5 WM), it's 11 HP points wich is a lot, you won't kill anyone while you aredead when alive you can sloughter 10 enemies  :P. I never tried 0 WM builds, but I had some hybrids, I had one months ago with 110 wpf in 1h and it was awfull... maybe with one of the maces or warhammer it would work as their hits connects surprisingly early but for swords I wouldn't reccomend doing that, your swings will feel slower then your oponents, one can say that with proper timing, waiting for a proper moment to strike it's fine, but it's bullshit  :P. That means even more shield hugging and especially when you are surounded by enemies you need to strike fast since your ath won't allow you to backpedal and control them with your footwork at level that would grant you avoid some lucky hits. Do whatever you won't, but I strongly recommend not to use any of cripple builds.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:05:09 pm by Dalhi »

Offline Tarasque

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 10:09:11 am »
Dalhi you are right, I agree too that the 21/15 "clasic build" is the best choice.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 10:11:59 am »
im xbowman so i dont have much wpf in 1h, i have today 80, would be 100 i think, but to compensate speed i use nuiweidao+3, so it has 102 speed))
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 10:22:50 am »
You should atleast get to gen16 to get the max xp bonus, will save alot of time going to 33 (Then again, if you start at a earlier gen it probally doesn't matter, but meh.)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 08:52:37 am »
You should atleast get to gen16 to get the max xp bonus, will save alot of time going to 33 (Then again, if you start at a earlier gen it probally doesn't matter, but meh.)

That's a myth. Exp bonus doesn't mean you can catch up with someone who never retires. Do it for the looms/refresh of character, don't do it otherwise.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:25 am »
Iirc correctly you'd stop retiring at 3 if you wanted to reach 35 as fast as possible.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 07:43:43 pm »
Iirc correctly you'd stop retiring at 3 if you wanted to reach 35 as fast as possible.

No, you'd stop at 1. Do the math, it's pretty simple.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:45 am »
Make an alt. Keeps it spicy!   :wink:

I should probably stop retiring my main... but i don't want to. Going 18/18 again next gen, i think. Or 15/21 so i can ride an arabian pony.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 02:02:59 pm »
Make an alt. Keeps it spicy!   :wink:

I should probably stop retiring my main... but i don't want to. Going 18/18 again next gen, i think. Or 15/21 so i can ride an arabian pony.

Terribad idea for 1h cav imo. You're much closer to the enemy, making 1 mistake lethal.

On the other hand, you do have a chance to escape from 15/21 lancers on champion circus ponies.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »
Escaping from lancers is never a problem for me, actually. Both the steppe horse and the arabian warhorse have good maneuverability, allowing you to dodge incoming lancers and even bodyblock their horse, stopping them and getting one or two swings in. All you really need to do is cut them off and block their fist blow.
making 1 mistake lethal.
Well the hitpoint difference between 21/15 (56 HP), 18/18 (53 HP) and 15/21 (50 HP) is quite minimal, because 1h cav doesn't have any points to spare for ironflesh (unless you drop shield or go low athletics, which i would never do).

My favorite 1h cav build has always been 18/18.

For me it all comes down to powerstrike vs athletics. 21/15 has 7 powerstrike but only 5 athletics, making you too slow to chase archers and kinda sucks when facing multiple opponents. However, the 7 powerstrike is nice and makes most swords viable, even against the heavier armoured guys.

18 / 18 hits the sweet spot: power strike 6 is 'just good enough' to make swords a viable weapon, but has athletics 6, which is faster than most infantry and 'just enough' to at least be able to harass most archers.

I've tried 15/21 only once and didn't like it because, on foot, having only 5 powerstrike isn't enough to reliably hit heavier armoured guys. Too many glances. But the athletics 7 is sweet.

Anyways, enough of my offtopic rant on builds. Keep retiring and keep making new alts, it's fun and also it's really nice to have several different characters to pick from.