Author Topic: Complaining about the game  (Read 5808 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1573
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Complaining about the game
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 08:21:07 pm »
But if I backpedal I do little damage and I can't stun you. If you get hit that's because you don't want to block while moving forward, not because you can't (in case of paulstagger).

I do agree on hiltslash and lulstab being lame but I didn't list them for a reason. They aren't overused in battle as things I mentioned. And it takes certain skill to pull them off, unlike paulstagger which is random shit and isn't affected by skill anyhow.

Those 2H "tricks" are lame but they are needed because duels would be so boring without them. I sincerely hope that we will se major improvement in next M&B, implementation of fatigue system which ES games have for decades. That would remove infinitie attacking or spam and infinite blocking, apart to having fast reflexes good players would have to use their brain as well. Also better physics/collion engine is needed. This what we have is cool for small indie game but I'm sick of wasting my time on amateur games. They sold enough copies to make a proper game. I want to see stuff like euphoria engine from upcoming Max Payne 3, something realistic like that (did you see how human bodies move realistically in those trailers or GTAIV). I don't want M&B dumbed down but don't want it to be indie "jewel" either.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1704
  • Infamy: 1045
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:47:51 pm »
And funny how you takl about polestagger when you get almost the same effect stacking agi and spamming left/right with 2h (sound familiar?)

Yes I have lots of agi and high wpf but that isn't much useful in my case. You see, for years I have troublesome internet connection and no matter what I do it says the same. I have serious lag issues (jitter) and in order to fix that I would have to change my internet installations for which I have no time. So in last 8 years or so I'm playing online games on crippled internet connection.

In other words, I can't spam. I'm unable to connect two swings in a row because of high jitter. You'll rarely see me swinging wildly from left to right, I do that only when I'm surrounded from all sides and got nothing to lose. Versus three or less oponents I never do that. I always hold swings and are also unable to hiltslash because of not being able to attack fast two times in a row. Same goes for lulstab. One versus one I can't outstab anyone who isn't complete noob. Because of lag.

I get nothing from high agi/wpf, apart from speed which is useful for catching archers/dehorsing riders and sometimes running from gang bang (although I hate to run like a bitch).

And lag is pretty bad tonight. Whole day I had connection issues, couldn't even use browser properly without connection timeouts. And of this moment I got kicked from server because I lost connection. Yeah, I'm big time spammer :rolleyes:

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
+2
I have serious lag issues (jitter) and in order to fix that I would have to change my internet installations for which I have no time. So in last 8 years or so I'm playing online games on crippled internet connection.

You grind this game like a champ and have "no time" for something?
Impressive.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2249
  • Infamy: 867
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »
I don't grind the game. I play the game a lot because I enjoy it and XP comes by itself. When I was playing as 1H a year ago I had some crappy build, I was so bored that didn't play much c-rpg. And believe me fixing internet here where I live is pain in the ass.

Offline Broc

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 09:17:51 pm »
+1
I don't get it, you get more money/exp for winning rounds, not getting kills, why are you all complaining about not being able to kill someone in big battles?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:04 pm »
I don't get it, you get more money/exp for winning rounds, not getting kills, why are you all complaining about not being able to kill someone in big battles?
e-peen

About balance: less talking more fighting!

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:05 am »
And believe me fixing internet here where I live is pain in the ass.
Well probably if you summarise all the "pain in the ass" you've suffered because of your shitty connection it would be a lot more pain than from one-time effort to fix your internet.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:02 am »
NERF ARCHERY!!! BUU!!!! BUUUUUUU!!!! INJUSTICE!!!
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 12:24:00 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 12:33:50 am »
+3
What ive always done is each time i find a class that kills me every time instead of whining about it , i just think : yes this class seems to be op i have to try it!
Then i play it and it gets nerfed right after it but anyway thats another story.
People should just play 2H and archer or   Cav and 1 H so they would see that the counter class is not so OP thats only because thats a counter that it does deal you a lot of damage.

Only thing i think should be added is the Shield buf to shield wall . Promoting cooperation is always good , and archer seems to not complain at all about shielder so nobody would whine about it.
Before people accusate me, i want to say that  im a thrower , and last generation i was polearm. I dont want to see my class buffed i only want to see people play more together and having more fun staying with mate

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 762
  • Infamy: 1717
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 12:45:11 am »
Well probably if you summarise all the "pain in the ass" you've suffered because of your shitty connection it would be a lot more pain than from one-time effort to fix your internet.

Not really. I get enough enjoyment from online gaming as it is. I'm casual player, not interested in pro gaming clans and such things. And fixing my internet would really require several weeks of serious handy work (internet cable which creates all issues goes through walls), not to mention I would have to move my bed, my work table somewhere else (which isn't an option because of small apartment) and I would need to go on vacation for a month (can't because I'm working/on vacation all the time being freelance lol). I'm always busy.

Enough with my personal problems, get on topic please :D

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 12:56:31 am »
I'm casual player

Hahahahaha

Back on topic! :mrgreen:

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 01:03:11 am »
+1
Hahahahaha

This thread has been off topic since the 4th post  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 661
  • Infamy: 990
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 02:17:26 am »
Hahahahaha

I sense a disturbance in the force...

Are we kewl, Mnjau? Why u no like me anymore? :(

Does my 106,007,334 XP make me hardcore? But that's merely a product of long term playing (and Nord banner whoring :mrgreen:

I still believe I'm casual because:
- I'm not a member of any organized gaming group
- play only when I want and how I want
- can't be arsed to put on my headset and talk on TS/Vent
- don't give a f* will my team win or not

That's a definition of a pubbie to me. Didn't know there were hardcore pubbies...

If that really bothers you reset my XP to 8 mil, I truly do not care about it.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 02:31:30 am »
If that really bothers you reset my XP to 8 mil, I truly do not care about it.
Have you really thought about it, knowing the devs around here?
(From a guy who deleted a gen 9 main)