Poll

Is this a good idea?

YES, need this at the end of every round!
17 (63%)
Needs to be better balanced, but I support it.
4 (14.8%)
NO NO NO NO NO
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Round-end XP/Gold tick  (Read 713 times)

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Round-end XP/Gold tick
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:04:37 am »
+5
So... how bout it?

Seems we miss a fair amount of "grinding" due to rounds ending, and who doesn't hate it when they lose their 5x with 1 sec 'til the next tick?

Some limits could be put in place, such as "only if it's more than half way to the next tick" or whatever to better balance this out.  Additionally, if you want to keep the gold balanced, you can make that tick run a check for equipment breakage (it would roughly be the same break chance-(E: comparing gold earned/spent repairing) it should  be slightly lower, though, assuming an item can't break twice)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:10:48 am by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
Re: Round-end XP/Gold tick
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:12:43 am »
I like this idea and it may be a good thing to add.
But honestly I feel like instead of this maybe the team that wins the map gets an extra experience and gold tick multiplied or accumulative to how many rounds they won in a row. So if team A wins the map by going  4-0 they not a only get the x4 but get an extra 50 for the first round then an extra 100g for round 2, then 200g for round 3 and finally 400g on round 4 so750 extra gold total by the map end. But this only rewarded to the team if they win all four rounds consecutively and just like the multi they will lose it if they lose a round. Maybe implement this with experience as well and change the numbers around. I dont really care how you change the numbers but winning the map should mean something and maybe this will inspire extra team work.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:33:39 pm »
But honestly I feel like instead of this maybe the team that wins the map gets an extra experience and gold tick multiplied or accumulative to how many rounds they won in a row. So if team A wins the map by going  4-0 they not a only get the x4 but get an extra 50 for the first round then an extra 100g for round 2, then 200g for round 3 and finally 400g on round 4 so750 extra gold total by the map end.

So when teams are unbalanced and one team always win the round it gets an extra bonus for that? Are you serious?  :rolleyes:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:25:58 pm »
People shouldn't lose all multi when they lost. For example, if they have x5, if they lost they should start from x3 or x2 instead of x1.

Offline OoberNoob

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_OoberNoob
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »
Nothing wrong with the xp system now, in fact if there's anything wrong with it I would say that its too easy to get xp and gold.  Frankly I preferred the old proximity of kill xp and gold, sure there were tin cans running around left and right, but when you leveled up or bought something it actually felt like you earned it, now starting a new character i can have better equipment and be a higher level in less than an hour than a days worth of playing on the old system. 
I wont lie, the new system is much more newb friendly and it definitively rewards teamwork more effectively but sometimes it makes things too easy. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that the xp system already gives you so much, I don't understand why you would ask for more.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »
Dewit please.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:26:06 pm »
I'll never get off the melee server if this gets implemented. There is a tick at 6:30, then one at 6:00, then the round ends mostly. With this I would get 3 ticks every 1 and a half minute. Awesome!