Author Topic: players sinking into ground  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: players sinking into ground
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 02:14:08 pm »
As a pikeman i actually like the teleporting. Whenever i am in the cavfield, hunting cav, i usually troll the cav once i downed their horse. Then they either have to run with ( probally ) low athletics to the battlefield, or getting finished by friendly cav.

This would be harder to do if they actually fell down close to me.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 397
  • Infamy: 1081
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 02:23:02 pm »
Hate this. I'm the one of those people who always kill riders before they get up (unless they have too much IF/AR).

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 02:43:07 pm »
I remember times when dehorsed rider doesn't only get teleported but sometimes he became invisible  :lol: Warband devs partially solved the issue but like in many other cases just partially  :|

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 03:25:16 pm »
ha, I didn't even remember that I created this thread last night, was probably annoyed it happened several times to someone I wanted to hit.

I will keep an eye on it if it really happens only to people got hit in the air, could be true. As far as I remeber it happens especially often you hit someone right after/during he tries desperately to jump.

teleport after dehorse is annoying as hell, too but there were times this happened a lot more often and worse.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
Only the best trained horses would run over someone looking very pointy.
Because the horseman fucked up and if this wasn't the case he would be able to continue on as a pretty damn effective infantery fighter without any penalty. Kinda giving the horseman two lives. It's also 2 hits maximum and only if you have a fast weapon. With the new ground collision its actually not that uncommon to get your swing stuck in the ground instead of the rider.

The game works quite well like that balance-wise but it kinda feels frustrating and unfair to get downed by one guy and then not be able to duel. It pushes cav to become pure cav without athletics, as anyway getting downed by infantry usually means death (people that get one hit in usually only need one to kill you, those that can do two swings kill you anyway, even ninjas, and then there's Leshma that onehits twice) so who cares about melee capabilities. That is probably not what you want from a metagame perspective. Also don't forget it is quite easy to magically headshot people on the ground with ranged weapons.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:15 pm »
+1
The game works quite well like that balance-wise but it kinda feels frustrating and unfair to get downed by one guy and then not be able to duel. It pushes cav to become pure cav without athletics, as anyway getting downed by infantry usually means death (people that get one hit in usually only need one to kill you, those that can do two swings kill you anyway, even ninjas, and then there's Leshma that onehits twice) so who cares about melee capabilities. That is probably not what you want from a metagame perspective. Also don't forget it is quite easy to magically headshot people on the ground with ranged weapons.

You know what's frustrating? Getting couched from behind by some asshole "and then not be able to duel".

Seriously, they need to add some fkn skill into cav mechanics...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 04:10:19 pm »
I'd say punish couching cav with a severe e-honor hit for not letting people duel on public servers  :mad:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »
You know what's frustrating? Getting couched from behind by some asshole "and then not be able to duel".

Seriously, they need to add some fkn skill into cav mechanics...

Woah there.

You know what's frustrating? Getting polestaggered and oneshot from an undetermined point in space by some asshole "and then not be able to duel".

Seriously, they need to add some fkn skill into polearm mechanics...

You only see what you can and want to see from your perspective. There are moments you fail because what you do is hard ? I guess so. Cav is exactly the same. When you are killed by a cheap couched lance from behind, you don't know how many projectiles, pikes, 2h swords and other cav the guy had to dodge to reach you. From wonky hitboxes to lags and unpredictable infantry, I'm also pretty sure you don't notice the amount of failed cav attacks against you, just as much as I don't notice the amount of arrows that were meant to hit me or my horse but did not. The falling tree makes more noise than the growing forest, or whatever. You see top cav doing well, but you don't see them when they do bad, and you don't see all the bad cav that try and fail hard.

I'm all for increasing the skill ceiling of cav, but obviously it should be done with both buffs and nerfs.

Furthermore, I personally direct most of my couched lance attacks against ranged, and preferably reloading crossbowmen. Because they f*** stand still and aren't cases of Usain-Bolt-with-Parkinson-disease. Good inf can jumpslash, which is quite deadly against couched lance.

Btw, nice avatar  :mrgreen:

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »
...and good cav have figured out how to couch with basically no risk to themselves.

If you have a "short" weapon (i.e anything shorter than a couched lance) then defending against a couch becomes stupid guesswork. It's bullshit.

And from the classes I tried (basically everything but x-bow) cav was the easiest. No question. And i'm fairly certain most people would agree with me, you're constantly at a positional advantage, have the unblockable couch, very high damage and on top of that the ability to dismount and play as a fully capable infantry player.

Play like a complete douche and just backstab people and you'll be very sucessful with minimal effort.

Now this is not to say that everyone is a great cav player, but it is really easy to do good as cav compared to other playstyles.

Duel your average cav player and you'll see what I mean.

P.S Yes polestagger is bullshit (as said many times) but at least you duel an inf player :p

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »
...and good cav have figured out how to couch with basically no risk to themselves.

If you have a "short" weapon (i.e anything shorter than a couched lance) then defending against a couch becomes stupid guesswork. It's bullshit.

Nope. Or maybe yes if for you "no risk to themselves" also means no risk for the enemy either. From a cav pov, couching always is a stupid guesswork. Sometimes the lance won't start the couch animation, sometimes you miss despite the models colliding, sometimes even if unaware, the target moves unexpectedly and you miss. Most of the times, people dodge to the side and attack while going towards the horse after the lance missed, if the horseman went for a turning approach. Some jumpslash to the other side if the horseman is going too straight. I've seen the likes of Tommyyy being oneshot by xbow dildos they were attacking using a couched lance. This is really awful for horses with low maneuver.

The couched lance against aware opponents is too random. This is why we have to sneak up. And it ironically ends up with the infantry complaining.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1429
  • Infamy: 2403
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 05:22:56 pm »
These days cavalry players are bigger cowards than ranged players. So much for cav "honor" and "skill" :lol:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 05:27:12 pm »
These days cavalry players are bigger cowards than ranged players. So much for cav "honor" and "skill" :lol:

So, what was this thread about ?  :mrgreen:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1591
  • Infamy: 242
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »
They should fix this issue so we mighty twohanders can kill those cavarly cowards every time not just 80% of the time lol

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 05:30:57 pm »
They should fix this issue so we mighty twohanders can kill those cavarly cowards every time not just 80% of the time lol

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »

(click to show/hide)

fixed