Author Topic: Long Dagger Length.  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
Long Dagger Length.
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:36:38 am »
It has come to my attention that the Long daggers model is just as long as a bag of steel bolts. The steel bolts have 63 weapon length so I submit to you MAKE MY DAGGER 63 weapon length! I want to be able to reach people laying down with my stab left swing and overhead. Also would be nice if they would unnerf the daggers dmg pre patch it was 31 stab 29 cut 113 speed after patch it became 29 pierce 27 cut 114 speed I would trade that 1 speed for the old dmg hell I would trade 9 of that speed for the old damage maybe even more speed. Though I really think the dagger should do pierce on every attack direction as you would always be stabbin.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Long Dagger Length.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:01 am »
I would like to see the unsheathing animation for dagger and long dagger significantly faster as well.

The way it stands now you can draw a full sized sword faster than you can draw a dagger.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:30 pm »
>They can't increase weapon length as it is the weapon model length UNLESS THERE IS A MISTAKE.

TBH here is my actual suggestion for the long dagger. Unnerf the damage OR make it pierce because it is a dagger. You stab with daggers even on swings, even though currently the animation has it slash, so I understand. It would be sweet if the dagger could have it's own animation where it stabbed, but that is not possible yet. However, give it a penalty with shield. Yeah, you heard me.
ADD a penalty with a shield but buff it back to where it should be in damage for balance sake. Daggers shouldn't be used with shields effectively for balance, I understand. But the dagger shouldn't have been nerfed as a whole because people used it with a shield.

I find the fact the dagger got nerfed hilarious.
Better nerf that thing that can't manual block, like THAT is the OP weapon.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:56:04 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:19:35 pm »
I found a Masterwork Long Dagger the other day, and was thrilled with whoever heirloomed it. You have style, whoever you are!

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:23:29 pm »
i this would be a possibility, but then i think it's price should be increased.
It wouldnt be close to being as good as the longer swords, and people only have it for the style, so why not give them a little more kills?
so buffing it a little would be fine, even though the price increase would be neccesary, as the long dagger would become better than a few of the more expensive weapons.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:40:43 pm »
Yeah, buff long dagger by at least +2 pierce dmg to thrust and +10 lenght (enough to not "outrange" model).

I WOULD LOVE to use long dagger as main weapon thus heirloom it, but now it wont even touch opponent due to shorteness.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »
I found a Masterwork Long Dagger the other day, and was thrilled with whoever heirloomed it. You have style, whoever you are!
That would be the creator of this topic.
Kerin_Grahm_BRD (He is also Linden).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:45:43 pm by Marathon »
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 08:45:21 pm »
i'd prefer a masterwork quarter staff, better style and more effective

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 08:51:37 pm »
i this would be a possibility, but then i think it's price should be increased.
It wouldnt be close to being as good as the longer swords, and people only have it for the style, so why not give them a little more kills?
so buffing it a little would be fine, even though the price increase would be neccesary, as the long dagger would become better than a few of the more expensive weapons.
Such as?
I suppose the khyber knife but that is it. IMO khyber knife needs a slash dmg buff by 2 points anyways so that would be more logical.

+the price could/should be raised.

It would be nice to see the weapons that can't manual block not also be nerfed in damage. For example, Why does a dagger, a weapon that exists for stabbing people, have less thrust damage than so many of the 1h swords? Doesn't make sense imo and a rebalance would be really sweet. I don't think I can get mad at a guy killing me with a dagger.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:03:26 pm by Marathon »