Author Topic: The Hammer  (Read 1320 times)

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
The Hammer
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:56:49 am »
Due to boredom I have been forced to reroll one of my alts and try something new.

The HAMMER

You have seen me ingame.  You have fought beside me - bled before me.  Maybe you haven't and it's your time to die next?  Turns out making a polearm throwing hybrid is the cats ass.  Turns out being forced to parry after weeks of shield blocking is a breath of fresh air.  Turns out going pure is still superceded by hybrid and it's too hard to give up the ability to close a gap with just a wrist flick forcing them to you and giving you the opportunity to hammer them.

Polearm/throwing is nearly an iWIN button...unless of course Dan is on the other team.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline weight

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Fatty
Re: The Hammer
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:04:12 am »
... i can't understand anything you are trying to say.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:10:14 am »
... i can't understand anything you are trying to say.

That's because you're a samurai.  When I see a Samurai the only thing that goes through my head is 'EASY KILL'

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »
Translation (Summary Edition):

I really like my new character, his name is Hammer. I am able to use my new character well. My new Character is a polearm and throwing hybrid. My new character is a nice change because now I have to block differently since I no longer have a shield. I think pure classes are weaker then hybrid classes. I like pie.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

I really like my new character, his name is Hammer. I am able to use my new character well. My new Character is a polearm and throwing hybrid. My new character is a nice change because now I have to block differently since I no longer have a shield. I think pure classes are weaker then hybrid classes. I like pie.

I love the summary  :D

+1 awesome point to you Sir.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:14:54 pm »

I like pie...rofl...u crack me up

I am missing my shield now and I'm becoming enraged because at PS8 I hit people with the long hafted spiked mace and it doesn't knock them down very much, it actually seems to deflect a little too often.  Still only lvl 23.  Also feeling the throwing sucks with PT8 and only 60wpf in it, Ariaos has like PT6 and 110wpf and has a way higher throw to hit ratio, he is also using a shield while throwing which may drop the wpf as well.  This is using war darts on either character.

People say wpf doesn't affect throwing but it does, alot.  100wpf is minimum imo, and anything above that just tightens the reticule that much more.

It's tempting to reroll again and go pure Pole but the gains aren't huge vs hybrid throwing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:16:40 pm by 1slander »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:14:36 pm »
Meh well next gen I'm going pure polearm and gonna use my +2 lightxbow with 1wpf here and there for lulz and cus it's viable.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline SteelDevil

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • IM NO GODDAMN PEASANT
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hellfire
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:40 pm »
oh dont mind him just stroking his e-penis much

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:28 am »
Meh well next gen I'm going pure polearm and gonna use my +2 lightxbow with 1wpf here and there for lulz and cus it's viable.

That's a possibility and I wish I would of thought of that with this one cause I already have a hybrid thrower.  I'll try it next gen probably.