Author Topic: Time calculator (to get to X level)  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Pinx0

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Kill 'em all
    • View Profile
    • World of House
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Pinx0
Time calculator (to get to X level)
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »
Hi, so I've been asking a few things and it's time to actually give something myself.

The Walt's post about the average multiplier gave me the idea to make an excel to estimate how long would it take me to reach some level X, and here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HO02CNW

Of course, it's an estimation, but if you always close the game after losing and never after winning, it should be pretty accurate in the long term. The EXP for each level was extracted from the chraracter planner. And level 32 and above are just a 2x of the previous level.

You only need to edit the data of "DATA REQUIRED" (obv but u never know...). The Win percent is an estimation you make yourselves, if you are a good player make it higher than 50, if you are bad player, make it slightly lower. No matter how good or bad you are that value shouldn't excess the 35 - 65 range because nobody can make so much difference unless you play with very few people.

Suggestions/critics are well recieved.

Screenshot:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:46:40 pm by Pinx0 »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: Time calculator (to get to X level)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 02:32:40 pm »
XP/Gold ticks are once per minute, not every 30 sec.

And we already have an XP calculator from Vargas http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm , no need for another one.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:37:14 pm »
Vargas XP calc is nice, but not as good as this one.

As far as I have observed ticks are every minute, but the second tick in a 30 sec interruption( 6:30, 6:00, 5:00 and so on)

Also the winning chance is very important for calculation.
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Pinx0

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kill 'em all
    • View Profile
    • World of House
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 05:04:36 pm »
XP/Gold ticks are once per minute, not every 30 sec.

And we already have an XP calculator from Vargas http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm , no need for another one.
You can change that value. In siege are every 30 sec (if i'm not wrong). Maybe in battles are every 60 sec, that's why I put that.

It's not an XP calculator, it's a TIME calculator. You put what level you want to reach, the level you are right now and all the other data required and it tells you how much time you have to play in order to get it. This is based on estadistic calculations to get the average multiplier depending on your % of winning.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:12:32 pm by Pinx0 »

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:42 pm »
You can change that value. In siege are every 30 sec (if i'm not wrong). Maybe in battles are every 60 sec, that's why I put that.

No, its always 30..60..60..60...
" ME LONG WOOD PIECE WITH SHARP STONE AT PEAK.ME COME RIDE TO YOU ON BIG ANIMAL FAST."

Offline Pinx0

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kill 'em all
    • View Profile
    • World of House
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »
Mnnn true, so that value should be an average, some number near 60. Depending on how much is the average round length. I'd say 50 (average duration 5 of 6 min.) more or less. That is hard to estimate, you need a wide sample to get it right.

Offline Khalim

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 06:41:22 pm »
Calculating the time for gaining levels is much more complicated.

There are a lot of things which can be forget. The amount of players also effects the xp gain(longer rounds, average XP/Gold per time changes) Also you have to consider that there are a lot of half ticks. If a round takes 4:24, then you would only get 4 ticks(starting from 7 minutes) 24 seconds would be lost.

Offline Pinx0

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Kill 'em all
    • View Profile
    • World of House
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »
Yes, but there will always be an average, and that must be between 40 and 60 i'd say. Closer to 60 than to 40.

Of course you cannot make a very accurate prediction but estadistics are for this, to estimate with the smallest error possible.