Author Topic: Sellsword likes to prove himself  (Read 650 times)

Offline Medivh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Sellsword likes to prove himself
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:50:18 am »
Hello there, im a quite new member to the sellsword buisness and would like to get maybe some jobs in my new profession. I have seen the face of war often enough to know how to storm a castle or fight on the field besides my brothers with shield and axe or a long pike in my hand. Since im unknown in this land i would offer my service for less then a beggars income to make my reputation. So who needs an additional hand or a sword, just call out!

(well, i fight basically for free, despite that i wouldnt mind if some recruiter wants to give me a coin or two. Im new to the Battle-Strategus mode of the game, but my char is soon level 31 in normal crpg mod. If futhermore someone wants to give me advice on my way to be hired sword im open to suggestion. With regards, Medivh) 

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Sellsword likes to prove himself
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:06:35 am »
Just don't request payment (or don't request much) and you'll be hired.  You'll still be hired if you request a lot of gold, too, but you won't necessarily get anything for it.

Send applications for the "underdog" and the attacking side, as well.  You'll be more prone to be selected if it looks like your team is not favored, and people typically rush to defend others if the fight seems fair.  Be sure that you watch carefully to see if you are accepted, and when you are, check the pre-battle thingy (new tab that shows up) for possible teamspeak or ventrilo information.  If the roster is full you will often be dropped from it to make room for others, if you're not present in the chat before the fight.

That has been my experience- generally speaking.  And yes, you can easily win a battle against 700 new player's troops if your side of 49 tickets actually has equipment.

Keep in mind you  are fighting with your employer's  tickets (Which they bought, and continue to pay for - i.e. army/soldiers) as well as their equipment (which they've paid for, and they lose when you spawn with it and die.)  So, if you generally do well, you will often receive payment, but if you do poorly, you shouldn't expect anything.

You get a fair bit of EXP  for your character while you fight in strategus battles, so that right there is a good incentive to just show up and fight.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:09:44 am by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:35:51 am »
Hello there, im a quite new member to the sellsword buisness and would like to get maybe some jobs in my new profession. I have seen the face of war often enough to know how to storm a castle or fight on the field besides my brothers with shield and axe or a long pike in my hand. Since im unknown in this land i would offer my service for less then a beggars income to make my reputation. So who needs an additional hand or a sword, just call out!

(well, i fight basically for free, despite that i wouldnt mind if some recruiter wants to give me a coin or two. Im new to the Battle-Strategus mode of the game, but my char is soon level 31 in normal crpg mod. If futhermore someone wants to give me advice on my way to be hired sword im open to suggestion. With regards, Medivh)
requesting gold doesnt mean you get paid. Its up to the owner of the army AFTER the battle if they want to pay you or not.

Offline Medivh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »
+1
Thanks very much, that helps quite a lot to descripe the mechanics of the battle system. The description here allways descripe the system but rearly in detail to really know how it works.