Author Topic: Contributing to the team  (Read 2227 times)

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
Contributing to the team
« on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »
+2
This is in reply to recommended action by DarKKarma - Not sure if it's in the right place or not.  Please move to corresponding thread if needed

Again, if you all want to argue about what is "contributing to the team and what isn't", then make your own thread about it. Your clan alone can probably cite far more examples of getting banned for similar reasons than any other NA clan out there right now. I know you won't because you all kno how fucking ridiculous this all is and that you are in the wrong here. I guarantee you that if you guys (Noobie, Noodles and all of the other offenders over recent times) actually just played the god damn game instead of looking for loop holes in the official rules to justify your slap dick behavior, you would be just fine like you all were a few months ago.

There has been a big debate on the North American Server about what is contributing to your team and what is not.

A few examples:
-Defending a ruin while your team runs into an open field and dies to their archers... who is in the wrong?
-Letting your team know that you are building a siege tower and they still run into battle and die then complain about you delaying/valor farming?
Charging into battle without any thoughts going behind it and dying right away? (Not considered leeching if you "try" - Very smart to do if you like leeching but doing it legally)

The common sense clause comes into play in a lot of these situations; however there is always grey areas and this is often used as a fallback for admins.    I believe the rules need to be updated per incident, to have a clear cut way of ruling and avoid any dispute of said ruling (much like any legal system).
This should the common sense approach to future rulings, and it would get rid of any trivial decisions.

I am just bored with the system as it currently is where there's a multiplier and depending how long the rounds last.
The old xp system would allow for the teams to cooperate and it might've seemed like a giant moshpit where people would fight the other team but there was actual teamwork involved. I miss the shield wall formations, the siege shields defending key positions with melee defending the archers, the cavalry formations where they would flank right and right as the melee started, wreck havoc upon the enemy team.
Everyone needed to stay together in order to maximize the xp and win the round.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:51:38 pm by SuperNewb »

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Contributing to the team
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:42:11 pm »
-Letting your team know that you are building a siege tower and they still run into battle and die then complain about you delaying/valor farming?

My brother, you can't even imagine, how true is the quoted part.

And then chadz "nerfs" teamwork even more by putting upkeep on Siege Equipement. That is just sick.

chadz would be a good developer for Modern Warfare kind of game - atm he did something like MW to Warband, but in medieval times and in a "bit" worse quality.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51:10 pm »
+3
I think it is important to discuss this topic thoroughly and I suggest a simple and brief document outlining what are the go's and no-go's in cRPG:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:54:27 pm »
+4
*crushed by wall of text*

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:54:37 pm »
+5
Your team is dumb, running into archer fire.  What you COULD have done is use your shield and protect them, engage archers, flank enemy, plead with them to seek cover, protect a friendly archer, etc etc.  What you did was sit by yourself in a bush for 5 minutes 8 rounds in a row and got 24h ban, sounds pretty lenient to me.

Noone listens to you because you arent a team player and lack any leadership.  Were you trying to change team strategy?  Nope,  You were sitting in a bush naked doing nothing.

If I call out a game plan at the start of the round and none of the zerg listen, do I keep running there by myself? Nope, I adapt and make the best out of the situation.  I support my team even if I think what they're doing is foolish.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »
+2
Teamwork is working as a team.  You would give your team a better chance to win if you were working with them instead of by yourself, and yes even if they are being foolish (you don't have to run with them, but you could try to flank the enemy who is attacking them).

I honestly don't care if they are outright breaking the rules or not.  If you aren't trying to be a team player you should get the ban hammer until you can try to incorporate a tiny bit of teamwork into your play style.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »
Your team is dumb, running into archer fire.  What you COULD have done is use your shield and protect them, engage archers, flank enemy, plead with them to seek cover, protect a friendly archer, etc etc.  What you did was sit by yourself in a bush for 5 minutes 8 rounds in a row and got 24h ban, sounds pretty lenient to me.

Noone listens to you because you arent a team player and lack any leadership.  Were you trying to change team strategy?  Nope,  You were sitting in a bush naked doing nothing.

If I call out a game plan at the start of the round and none of the zerg listen, do I keep running there by myself? Nope, I adapt and make the best out of the situation.  I support my team even if I think what they're doing is foolish.

Now what if somebody else wrote this thread? Would you have said the same things? Don't just start complaining about me for my wrongdoings but instead contribute to the discussion about teamwork. I admit I have not done nothing to help the team in the most recent days because the rounds always seem to be the same. Run in, fight, kill as many people, die then do it again, map change, repeat. Is that really teamwork?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »
The fact that 95% (hard data) of people are never banned or warned by admins about leeching or failing to contribute makes me think that no discussion is necessary. 

Every now and then doing something silly is (imo) fine... I remember one time where a bunch of Invictus held the center of a lake and were the last people alive.  Looking down at the lake in spectator was hilarious when you saw the mass of water trails closing in from all sides.

..but if we were to do that several rounds or maps in a row the whole 'common sense' thing comes into play.  It sounds like the issues you are bringing up in this thread involved many rounds (or even days) of people using similar tactics, and multiple complaints from different people.

As Dynamike said trying to make a rule for stuff like this would be way too tedious and detailed. 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 09:07:14 pm »
+1
Now what if somebody else wrote this thread? Would you have said the same things? Don't just start complaining about me for my wrongdoings but instead contribute to the discussion about teamwork. I admit I have not done nothing to help the team in the most recent days because the rounds always seem to be the same. Run in, fight, kill as many people, die then do it again, map change, repeat. Is that really teamwork?

True teamwork is shown on rageball, unfortunately. All other game types emphasize the individual and his ability. I wish team work would come back, but that's why i got a clan. Or not even a clan, but some guys that i fight with. Like today, me, mori and digglez made a neat little team. Digglez was 1h/sheild throwing, Mori was 2h/archer and I was the pike support. A nice three man squad that worked pretty well together(considering i was only level 15-18 for most of it), and we (tried) to adapt to our team and support them, while maintaining our 3 man group.(needless to say, we'd often get shafted, and we also would have good rounds.) If people worked in small groups(heh a warband :twisted:) things might be more interesting.

Have you seen the Kutt guys? they work together too(and crutch armor a bit) Teamwork is there, you just have to find it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 09:09:50 pm »
why would you build a siege tower in a battle? thats just retarded
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 09:21:04 pm »
+1
Noobie, for weeks people (moderators/game admins) have been warning you of your shenanigans of goofing off in battle. The archived "closed" ban threads in the past also sometimes mention it, and I personally witnessed at least 4 warnings in the past over this nonsense.

Just... Play the game, and stop toeing the line so much on purpose.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »
+4
Noobie whats your work out regime I wanna get abs like you
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »
+2
why would you build a siege tower in a battle? thats just retarded

This!

CBA to check who wrote it but if you consider upkeep on siege gear a nerf to team play on battle - you are doing it wrong.

If you want to build a useful siege tower, do it on SIEGE obviously...

It's so hard for me to understand how people can not possess the common sense to just play the game mode they are playing.

If we ever add a conquest like game mode where you have 5 different capture points this is something completely different, "fortress" building would make sense then.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 09:30:52 pm »
+3
Siege equipment should be easier to make, cheaper to use, and more effective in any gamemode because I never see anyone building anything on siege and ramming two large siege towers together in an open field on a battle server would be sweet.

I want to see more catapult battles damnit!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »
ITS A BATTLE. you dont use fucking siege engines in a pitched battle