Author Topic: Proper weight for 15/24 build.  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Proper weight for 15/24 build.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »
+1
WPF also increases damage.

I can feel the difference between 100 and 140wpf.  It might be 20 milliseconds, but that counts in my book.

Difference between 60 and 80 ping.  Doesn't seem like much but it helps!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 11:12:15 pm »
consider the average reaction time of players is 200 ms. the little differences add up.
200 ms to react, 80 from latency, additional 20 from slightly slower weapon speed. That is 300 ms, plenty enough time to block and attack (surprisingly)
Now consider a player with a 150 ms reaction, 20 ping, and 180 wm + a fast weapon? 170 ms. Nearly half the time, allowing a bunch more timings regarding attack windows.

Ideally you should just react fast AND go low WM with a fast weapon while <40 ping. best of all worlds. (I hate my 80 ping. I can chamber held attacks, but barely.)

Anyways, on topic. Use light/medium armor. If you use heavy armor, you are slowing yourself down, NEGATING THE WHOLE REASON YOU WENT AGILITY!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:16:42 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 12:44:03 pm »
I have made a STF char with 189 wps and it swing alot faster?

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 01:21:21 pm »
Anyways, on topic. Use light/medium armor. If you use heavy armor, you are slowing yourself down, NEGATING THE WHOLE REASON YOU WENT AGILITY!

You mean? Now I have Light Kuyak, PLate Mittens Niskolskoe Helmet and Rus Splinted Greaves. How much should I reduce the weight of it? About 5kg or 10?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 01:33:39 pm »
Just a couple things I'd like to throw in here.

First off, that 20 ms difference is only for the COMPLETE swing (i.e if you hit them at the very very end of your swing) most people hit very early in the swing (turning into the swing + moving into it) so the actual difference will be in the lower single digit ms.

Second, the biggest penalty to your attack speed from armor comes from the acceleration penalty (movement), NOT from the wpf penalty. The wpf penalty isn't even noticeable, however your acceleration is hampered greatly from increased weight, and so you can't move into your swings AS EASILY. With good footwork though, this can still be overcome, largely by using your opponent's movements against them.

Anyway, point is: don't choose armor based on what it will do to your attack speed. Choose it based on what it does to your MOVEMENT speed (and particularly what it does to your acceleration). Footwork is crucial to every build, every weapon, and every play style. However, some need it more than others, and some people just don't use good footwork enough.

My personal recommendation: try out different armor weights and see what feels the best to you. Some people can do fine in plate, others do better in lamellar. The armor weight that's best for you is very personal to your style, and, imo, can't be chosen by number crunching, you just have to try stuff out.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:36:16 pm by Zerran »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arn_Magnusson

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
  • "cRPG is a disgrace!" - Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ForlorN
  • Game nicks: ForlorN_Arn_Magnusson, French_Knight_the_Coward
  • IRC nick: Arn_Magnusson
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »
Okay, thanks for advices :) I'll test light armours, but I think that one will be good, cause I already wear similar with my 18/21 pole build and it was okay even for dueling, also my footwork isn't bad so I think current will be enogh with 8 ath. Thanks again.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04:56 pm »
I have made a STF char with 189 wps and it swing alot faster?

Apparently you cannot grasp the message I and several others here are trying to convey, so I think I will stop bothering to explain to anyone from now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg