Author Topic: [UNBAN] Hirlok  (Read 498 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
[UNBAN] Hirlok
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:22:07 pm »
looks like some rules are enforced pretty strictly on EU siege servers.

I am an occasional idler ( because I have a real life and I even dare to like a fresh coffee here and there while playing), and do not switch to spectator mode when I expect to be back in less than a minute and the situation is not critical yet. Usually I even announce that to my team and park my char strategically e.g. near the flag, so he is useful (Hirlok dead - ooops, some sneaky enemies at flag)

I got kicked about a week ago from one of the EU siege servers - no problem with that, when stuff takes longer than expected and my char is standing around for too long.

Couple days ago I had parked my char in a good archer position above the flag, because I had to do something urgent (no, not loo, lol) and intended to be there with a full quiver for the final rush. When I came back, I was banned, next day or so the ban was extended to the other EU siege server as well.

As said before: I understand a kick when someone is off for too long, but banning because of two instances of idling is a bit harsh.
Esp. given the fact that other offenses (like systematic teamwounding etc.) are tolerated, as long as they are committed by "regulars".

I am usually on the NA server, but would like to return here and there to the EU sieges as well -   and I am in no way known to be a systematic leecher (not even in my peasant years, I like throwing rocks and doing nonsense at the frontline).

Therefor: unban request. If denied, please state reason.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: [UNBAN] Hirlok
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 02:26:27 pm »
You were banned by Leiknir for leeching, unban is scheduled today.
Standard punishment for leeching is 1 day ban.

Esp. given the fact that other offenses (like systematic teamwounding etc.) are tolerated, as long as they are committed by "regulars".
This part is false.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »
thanks for the real time reply! Ban was up for more than 24h, that's why I posted here. No prob.

As for the "false" part: will notify you when I witness it again.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 03:22:07 pm »
My way of identifying leechers: I see someone in not that expensive gear idling, I check their name, I play the game. When I find them next time after I respawned, I try to communicate with them, give them a (foot-)kick, so if they are playing and just tabbed out to see some chat they get the "omg got to defend myself"-feeling and come back ingame. If not, I see them as leeching. Especially in siege it does not hurt to go spectators to be safe, as you can join the round anytime.

I don't remember your case, as I saw you as ordinary leecher, I just unbanned you now
visitors can't see pics , please register or login