Author Topic: Rageball Suggestions.  (Read 683 times)

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
Rageball Suggestions.
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:06:42 pm »
I'm really having a blast with rageball, and I play it regularly. Usually i'm a Goalie, Defender or Point guard. I've played for quite some while now, but I think we could take rageball to an even higher "level".

As we all know, right now you can use ANY equipment piece you want in the whole C-Rpg except siege equipment. It's fun but... why not change it to the following (if possible)

Here are my suggestions.

Make 2 new sets of armor

-One with the stats of a red/blue/green/yellow tunic but wich takes the color of the default FACTIONS banner.
-One with the stats of the red/blue/green/yellow tunic over mail, also with the default factions banner.

Because of this, people would have a choice between light armor (for the agi/athletic whores out there :D) and Medium armor for ones who want more survivability.

The "other" pieces of armor that would be available would be: Leather gloves and Leather cap and rus shoes.
---------

To go with that, only allow certain weapons.

1h uses the wooden sword.
2h uses the wooden longsword.
Polearm can use the staff.
Archers can use arrows and the pd1 Bow
Crossbow can use the Hunting crossbow and normal bolts.
Throwing uses throwing knifes.

What will that mean? People won't really go for kills, but more for "steals". Mind you tough, people can still die. But ofcourse they'll just respawn after some 6-10ish seconds like they currently do.
---------

What I "hope" this would achieve (wether it would be possible or not is unknown to me), is that people have the same tunics/colors as a team and the game turns less into a teamdeathmatch-fest. Ofcourse people can still kill eachother tough, but it will be a bit more limited then what it is now :)

What do you guys think about something like this? Any constructive input, both positive AND negative is very welcome.
*Meow* I'm a Cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Rageball Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »
I'm really having a blast with rageball, and I play it regularly. Usually i'm a Goalie, Defender or Point guard. I've played for quite some while now, but I think we could take rageball to an even higher "level".

As we all know, right now you can use ANY equipment piece you want in the whole C-Rpg except siege equipment. It's fun but... why not change it to the following (if possible)

Here are my suggestions.

Make 2 new sets of armor

-One with the stats of a red/blue/green/yellow tunic but wich takes the color of the default FACTIONS banner.
-One with the stats of the red/blue/green/yellow tunic over mail, also with the default factions banner.

Because of this, people would have a choice between light armor (for the agi/athletic whores out there :D) and Medium armor for ones who want more survivability.

The "other" pieces of armor that would be available would be: Leather gloves and Leather cap and rus shoes.
---------

To go with that, only allow certain weapons.

1h uses the wooden sword.
2h uses the wooden longsword.
Polearm can use the staff.
Archers can use arrows and the pd1 Bow
Crossbow can use the Hunting crossbow and normal bolts.
Throwing uses throwing knifes.

What will that mean? People won't really go for kills, but more for "steals". Mind you tough, people can still die. But ofcourse they'll just respawn after some 6-10ish seconds like they currently do.
---------

What I "hope" this would achieve (wether it would be possible or not is unknown to me), is that people have the same tunics/colors as a team and the game turns less into a teamdeathmatch-fest. Ofcourse people can still kill eachother tough, but it will be a bit more limited then what it is now :)

What do you guys think about something like this? Any constructive input, both positive AND negative is very welcome.

No no no...you are making rageball more sterile and less murderous.

The only thing we should add to rageball is more blood effects.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:11 pm »
Replace the Ball with a colorful bloody helmet or head.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:24 pm »
+1
Make the ball texture the carrier's banner!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:18:13 pm »
No no no...you are making rageball more sterile and less murderous.

I think that's the general idea  :wink:
*Meow* I'm a Cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login