Author Topic: Level 32 1h/shielder build  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Level 32 1h/shielder build
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 09:15:00 pm »
Don't forget WM increases damage as well.

Also, I would suggest 21/21 with 7WM and 7 PS. ./agree with Mlekce

It's a bit of a glass canon build. I would need to sacrifice all my IF and would not be able to have 7 athletics. I would be rather squishy with only 56 hp.

I say, 18/24

One Handed    149

Iron Flesh    0    
Power Strike    6    
Shield    4    
Athletics    8
Weapon Master    5

I'm using it in light armor.

It's hit hard enough, really quick so I can slay bowman, evade and kill horseman.

Only bad point, this build doesn't alow mistake.

Great build. Perfect for battle with cav and archers everywhere.
It is however, not as useful in sieges where you will get hit a lot and high running speed is not as useful as it is on the open terrain of most battles.
Thanks for the input though.
Gonna try something with an STF alt :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 09:41:07 pm »
Is the general consensus among 1 handers that there is no need for WM then? I have always used it but it seems most people dont.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:23 pm »
For one handers I love it, for polearms I don't feel as though I need as much, and if I am a hoplite or a cav lancer then I don't need it at all. My two handers vary wildly and I have no opinion on that.

I highly recommend high WPF for one handers, though I suppose if you use really light armour and a fast weapon then you won't really care much like Dio' plays.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:55:26 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 10:03:45 pm »
For one handers I love it, for polearms I don't feel as though I need as much, and if I am a hoplite or a cav lancer then I don't need it at all. My two handers vary wildly and I have no opinion on that.

I highly recommend high WPF for one handers, though I suppose if you use really light armour and a fast weapon then you won't really care much like Dio' plays.

Most 1h weapons are rather fast. I use armour weighing about 14.9 total (inluding helmet, gloves and boots). Doing my first gen now without WM (alway had 5 before that) and I don't really notice the difference.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:48 am »
27/12
78hp

9IF
9ps
4shield
4ath
4WM

Go with heavy armor 50+ at least,  heavy boardshield,  sword with a good thrust, preferably 24+
Dont need more than 12agi, 9ps is enough,  and you can never get enough hp

Thats what i would do :)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 08:06:14 am »
21/21 or 24/18 imo.
the combination of both high PS and ATH is too great.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:53:14 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:57 am »
21/21 or 24/18 imo.
the combination of both high PS and WM is too great.

Well, none of the builds I posted had any WM in it.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:02 am »
Well, none of the builds I posted had any WM in it.
I meant athletics. Mistype. editing to fix it
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 02:04:55 pm »
I'd do 21/21 over 24/18. Just that one extra athletics point makes a HUGE difference in being able to catch kiting archers.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 02:25:59 pm »
I'd do 21/21 over 24/18. Just that one extra athletics point makes a HUGE difference in being able to catch kiting archers.

I'm goig to play around a bit with 21/15 and 7 PS and see how I do. Currently I'm using 18/15 and I feel like I lack power and I need too many hits to kill people. If I still have that feeling a 7 PS, I'm going for more to compensate. I don't like it when I hit someone 4-5 times and they're still standing and I get hit 1-2 times by them and die.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 02:40:56 pm »
27/15 is an excellent build.

24/18 not so much. You've already gone over it but 24/15 is much better than 24/18 the 6 points to play with are much more valuble in that catagory.

Peronaly I would go 24/15 over 27/15. Its a more balanced build with a bit more grunt in the stats department. If however you think you will get to 33 or 34 then 24/18 become more attractive. If you feel confident that you will get to 33 then this build steps up, with the 3 points you have to play with at 33 you can buff out shield or drop 3MW and shoot up a notch with your heavy hitting NCS.

Personaly I notice the difference between +3NCS 111wpf and 140wpf. Many people say they don't, I find it feels more responsive.

Good luck, tough to choose :D
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 04:42:10 pm »
Re-read your post. If you want to be a "defender" I would assume athletics is less of an issue... How about adding light throwing (carry throwing daggers or franciscas). This allows you to chase archers, or break shields if necessary. By breaking shields, I mean actually using the melee function. Frans are very fast, but short and only 27c I think. Break shield, take out hammer. Nothing else. Also, throw daggers at horses, headshots do a decent amount of damage if the horse is not armored.

24/15
IF: 4
PS: 8
Ath: 5
PT: 2
WM: 5
One-Handed: 135
Throwing: 80

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:54 pm »
Re-read your post. If you want to be a "defender" I would assume athletics is less of an issue... How about adding light throwing (carry throwing daggers or franciscas). This allows you to chase archers, or break shields if necessary. By breaking shields, I mean actually using the melee function. Frans are very fast, but short and only 27c I think. Break shield, take out hammer. Nothing else. Also, throw daggers at horses, headshots do a decent amount of damage if the horse is not armored.

24/15
IF: 4
PS: 8
Ath: 5
PT: 2
WM: 5
One-Handed: 135
Throwing: 80

I'm not too fond of throwing, so that's something I won't pick up fast (as a secondary, love throwing as a main proficiency). I can always bring a cheap axe for shield breaking, even the cheap ones eat shields quickly.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 03:14:33 pm »
My current build is 21/15 with 7 ps, 7 if, 5 shield, 5 ath, 5 wm and 5 riding (and i'm lvl 32).
Of course, you don't need the 5 riding for siege and apparently you don't want wm (even if, in my opinion, it's very important, realy feel a difference between 120 and 150 wpf). So you could go for a 21/18 build or even a 21/21 build.

Actually, it depends of the weapon you want to use. I currently have a mw warhammer, i often one shot poeple and i need a maximum of 4 hit to kill str builds or full plate guys. It would be an awesome weapon if i had more ath to compensate the length, so if you want to use it, you should get more ath than me, at least 6 or even 7.

As far as ps is concerned, i think 7 is enough, i also had an elite scimitar (with the same build) and i have now a ncs, and i often 2 shot poeple and never (but for str builds and full plate) need like 5 or 6 hits to kill someone.
Ath is also very important (imo) when you are alone against 3/4/5 ennemies, so you can backpeddal until you find the right moment to attack the one who seems the most unprepared (don't know if it's correct english here :s) and then deal with the rest.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:15:51 pm by Renegat »