Author Topic: A new realization on how to make the autobalancer create teamplay.  (Read 479 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Most of this is old ideas but something struck me while writing another post somewhere..

The evenings where we've had good teamplay have been mostly developed through single maps that goes 4-5. This is because repetition makes teamplay and leadership possible.

The teamplay always disappears when the teams change and a new map occurs.

With PIN balance, a leader or anyone could say "Hey guys, join with PIN "1234" if you want to play with me/us for the evening!" This would ensure we could really create and build teams and teamwork more consistently.

I actually believe this subtle change could, at least sometimes, create a dramatically different battle situation and game on EU1 and other big servers.

We already have banner balance, so when small and big clans play we already have little battlegroups..
Of course, if one teams start joining with a pin, the other team by consequence also gets a more consistent team. Teams would be stronger, but if one team is very strong, the other team will start to adapt by being forced. Leaders will emerge from the ranks out of pure desperation!

Also, if the enemy team DOESN'T get themselves together the autobalancer should start weighing the PIN of the winning team more and more. Eventually, a small group of hardcore teamplayers would face the huge disorganized mob of the enemy.

PIN's should also last for an hour or so when first chosen. Otherways a winning PIN team would just abooze it and agree to change PIN every map or round.

The idea is small, but I think it has potential for great results.

Waddayathink?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: A new realization on how to make the autobalancer create teamplay.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 10:19:31 pm »
I love any upgrade to the balance system.  I hate the first round not with my clan or friends and if someone joins AFTER 2nd round.

Personally I miss the days of Quakeworld Teamfortress running organized pick up games by nominating captains and picking teams for a pick up game