Author Topic: Free Merc_Xant  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Free Merc_Xant
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:48:40 pm »
Banned for two days for the teamkill moste wrong and unjust, I have served my time and I am now a changed man, unban?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
Re: Free Merc_Xant
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »
The team-kill was not the main reason for your ban, although of course it was an important factor.

You were banned because after being kicked for intentionally team-killing, you started a nomination for an admin to lose their rights and argued with admins who told you that intentional team-killing was against the rules.

All of this from a long-term player who clearly knows the rules warrants a ban.

You'll be more likely to be unbanned if you can make a more serious appeal.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 06:21:53 pm »
You were banned because after being kicked for intentionally team-killing, you started a nomination for an admin to lose their rights and argued with admins who told you that intentional team-killing was against the rules.

Wrong. I started the nomination way before I was kicked for TKing. You can check the date of the thread and the date of my ban. I asked the admins a question, I didn't argue.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »
Wrong. I started the nomination way before I was kicked for TKing. You can check the date of the thread and the date of my ban. I asked the admins a question, I didn't argue.

Okay, so you didn't start the nomination because you were kicked. My post still stands.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »
argued with admins who told you that intentional team-killing was against the rules.

All of this from a long-term player who clearly knows the rules warrants a ban.

I didn't argue, I asked why was it necessary as it wasn't harmful in any way.

And no, I didn't know it warrants a ban, obviously - otherwise I wouldn't have asked after the kick. Situation was this: Score 4-4, vast majority of my team was alive vs a single enemy. So a sure win. I muck about with DaveUKR while my team is zerging the lone survivor of the enemy team. Then Korgoth comes to chill with us there as well and I stab him in the leg as a joke (didn't know he'd die, but that's beyond the point). Then Lilith kicks me on the next map. I had x5 so I ask why was it necessary when no harm was done, I get muted. Okay, if that's how chadz wants his admins to act, no problem. I was just under the impression it wasn't that strict from my experiences with other admins, though granted I hadn't exactly been in a similar situation with them before. Some overreaction from me forsooth, but can you not see my side of the story even bit, even if I am ultimately in the wrong?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »
Okay, so you didn't start the nomination because you were kicked. My post still stands.

So wait. Let me get this straight. You are RETROSPECTIVELY justifying your initially flawed reasoning?

I'd like to see that stand in a court of law.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »
I didn't argue, I asked why was it necessary as it wasn't harmful in any way.

And no, I didn't know it warrants a ban, obviously - otherwise I wouldn't have asked after the kick. Situation was this: Score 4-4, vast majority of my team was alive vs a single enemy. So a sure win. I muck about with DaveUKR while my team is zerging the lone survivor of the enemy team. Then Korgoth comes to chill with us there as well and I stab him in the leg as a joke (didn't know he'd die, but that's beyond the point). Then Lilith kicks me on the next map. I had x5 so I ask why was it necessary when no harm was done, I get muted. Okay, if that's how chadz wants his admins to act, no problem. I was just under the impression it wasn't that strict from my experiences with other admins, though granted I hadn't exactly been in a similar situation with them before. Some overreaction from me forsooth, but can you not see my side of the story even bit, even if I am ultimately in the wrong?

As I have already said, the team-killing was not the major factor involved in the ban. What was the major factor was arguing with admins who tell you that intentional team-killing is wrong.

However, I appreciate that you've actually made an effort to keep this post serious, and so you're ban will be lifted on 2nd March.

So wait. Let me get this straight. You are RETROSPECTIVELY justifying your initially flawed reasoning?

I'd like to see that stand in a court of law.

Many thanks for your wise and valuable input! Don't feel put off by the fact that your posts may seem at first to be:

a) breaking the rules of the sub-forum;
b) ill thought-out;
c) written by a nine-year old child;
d) completely irrelevant.

These are all minor issues, I'm sure.

Quote from: chadz
    * do not post useless crap,

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King