Poll

Change it?

Yes it's too slow compare to others
Reduce other bow's speed
Leave it as it is

Author Topic: Longbow speed  (Read 522 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Longbow speed
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »
It's 50 currently. So unbalance compare to the Rus bow. By looking into bow's tier from lowest to highest, speed decrease little to little. Rus bow = 58 . Long bow = 50. WTF? (this makes longbow become less effective compare to rus bow)

Long bow 's speed should be 55 or 54.

But why longbow? Why would you make yourself a worse character just for... for what? +1 arrow speed and +3 cut dmg? Haha, you lose too much on that deal to even consider it.

Sure the speed is a pain in the arse because of the low hold time but at the very least there should be a better way to fix it

It was ridiculously slow before the last patch. I tried using it and found that often my target had disappeared or was engaged in melee before I could actually loose the arrow.

There is no reason to nerf the speed of longbow that way. Nowadays, there is no reason to use a Long Bow instead of a Rus Bow, or the OP one Horn Bow. My suggestion is simple; increase the speed rating of longbow to 55 to make it a real alternative to the other bows. The purpose of this post is to discuse about longbow, not to discuse about archery is OP or archery is not OP.

i think 54  speed would do fine

Yes, give it 54 speed plox

You are looking at this the wrong way. It's not the longbow that should be increased with 4 speed to get in line with the others. It's the other bows that should get reduced 4 speed to get in line with the longbow :P

Don't think 54 is necessary. Give it 52 or 53 to test it out, I think it would be pleasing. There is no need to get it as fast as the other bows, but atm it's really a bit too slow.

Longbow is useless, get Rus bow

author=Rendar1970 link=topic=16183.msg231547#msg231547 date=1316480222]
I mostly play siege so maybe thats the difference,

But hornbows outnumbered longbows 3 to 1 atleast.  Longbow was great because of the pierce damage, but it was super slow.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:06:53 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Longbow speed
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:35:11 pm »
No. The Longbow is the only bow who works how a bow should work and its extremely unique, dont change anything at it
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: Longbow speed
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »
No. The Longbow is the only bow who works how a bow should work and its extremely unique, dont change anything at it

The bow speed is the slowest compare to all other bows. at least it should be 52, it's the only bow that needed a buff, or lower the speed of other bows to make balance.