Author Topic: Little more variety for charbuilding  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Little more variety for charbuilding
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:29 pm »
+1
Simple idea

Every fifth level your character receive 2 skillpoints instead of one.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Little more variety for charbuilding
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »
Simple idea

Every fifth level your character receive 2 skillpoints instead of one.

Every 10th level would make more sense, every 5 is just OP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
+2
This wont encourage variety. Those skill points will just be turned into attribute points to make a strength build strengthier and an agility build agilitier.  :o
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »
Support every 10 levels, that will actually allow me to get my hybrid build at lvl 30 instead of 31!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »
+5
Hmm, how about introducing "perks" that you can "buy" with 1 skillpoint, like:

"Commander": doubles volume of voice commands used by this player and makes him unmuteable
"Orator": doubles font size in chat
"Ladykiller (only for men)": Women only do half damage to you, if you type "yo baby" in the chat max 10 seconds before being hit
"Black Widow (only for women)": if you you hit a man, and he doesn't manage to hit you back within 20 seconds, he is killed on the spot
"Vegan": you don't eat meat. As a result, animals respect you more than other humans. Therefore you don't take horse bump damage
"Troll": whenever you kill someone, they are kicked from the game. If they rejoin and manage to kill you, you are banned for 1 day
"Chastiser": if you hit someone with wooden stick, their view is switched to first person and their vertical view height is restricted to below eye level
"Horse slayer": if you kill any horse, you gain +10 health. Horses do +50% bump damage against you, because they can smell you ate one of their friends
"Ichtyoid": if out of water, you lose 1 health every 10 seconds. In water, you heal 5 health every second
"Radiant one": you give off light like a torch and heal friends 10m around you for 1 health every second. If it rains, you lose 1 health every 10 seconds, give off smoke instead of light and don't heal friends but cause a random coughing sound to be played on every friend within 10m every 1-3 seconds.
"Gambler": if you are qmled and hit m exactly at second 29 after having been qmled, you get a free multi.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 06:00:03 am »
+1
It would be nice to see some more varied skills available. Currently every melee and every ranged and every cav have basically the same skills, just with varied proportions.

Split Athletics into 2 skills, one that increases max movement speed, one that increases acceleration.

Turn Powerdraw into two skills, one of which increases bow damage, and another that decreases accuracy decay.

Add an agility based skill that reduces the speed bonus people get against you, which would be greatly hampered by armor weight. (To simulate someone who is really agile being able to turn into a blow and reduce damage)

Turn shield into two skills, one of which increases the forcefield, and another that increases the shield's actual durability.

Put a delay on how long it takes for a horse to respond to commands, and make a skill that reduces this delay.

These are just some things I came up with off the top of my head. It would be a lot of work to do anything like this (assuming it's possible, with both the great moddability of the game + the WSE?) but I think it would add a lot to players being able to customize their play-style.
Of course, to compensate for the increased number of skills, some would need to be weakened, and then give people more points to spend.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:17 am »
every 11th level is the only viable option you nabs.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:28:22 am »
+1
Hmm, how about introducing "perks" that you can "buy" with 1 skillpoint, like:

"Commander": doubles volume of voice commands used by this player and makes him unmuteable
"Orator": doubles font size in chat
"Ladykiller (only for men)": Women only do half damage to you, if you type "yo baby" in the chat max 10 seconds before being hit
"Black Widow (only for women)": if you you hit a man, and he doesn't manage to hit you back within 20 seconds, he is killed on the spot
"Vegan": you don't eat meat. As a result, animals respect you more than other humans. Therefore you don't take horse bump damage
"Troll": whenever you kill someone, they are kicked from the game. If they rejoin and manage to kill you, you are banned for 1 day
"Chastiser": if you hit someone with wooden stick, their view is switched to first person and their vertical view height is restricted to below eye level
"Horse slayer": if you kill any horse, you gain +10 health. Horses do +50% bump damage against you, because they can smell you ate one of their friends
"Ichtyoid": if out of water, you lose 1 health every 10 seconds. In water, you heal 5 health every second
"Radiant one": you give off light like a torch and heal friends 10m around you for 1 health every second. If it rains, you lose 1 health every 10 seconds, give off smoke instead of light and don't heal friends but cause a random coughing sound to be played on every friend within 10m every 1-3 seconds.
"Gambler": if you are qmled and hit m exactly at second 29 after having been qmled, you get a free multi.

"Old Man Strength": Do 50% increased damage to characters under the age of 35, 10% chance of dying randomly each tick.
"Adventurer's Bane": Gives any bow or xbow you use 200 accuracy, only registers kneeshots.
"Blot Out the Sun": Using the voice command "Arrows Incoming" releases a barrage of arrows in a random direction, sit out the next round.
"Horse Whisperer": You can turn horses against their riders, causing them to fall off. Horses around the entire map will attempt to mate with you, causing them to continually bump you until death.
"Spy": You are able to sacrifice your weapons and armor to make a banner appear over your head. You are only given a kimber knife.
"Necromancer": You can bring fallen comrades back to life by going to their bodies and giving them an elixir. The potion has a 30% chance of making them a "zombie" causing them to be on the other team when revived.
"Misogynist": Gain 80% increased damage when using your fists on women, take 20% increased cut damage from female characters

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:29:31 am by Penguin »
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:49:28 am »
since main goal for 99% of players is 30 level, it can be made at every 5, every 6 or every 10 level.

Not sure how it can be OP if it's for anyone. For me, it's just some potential points in riding or ironflesh.

Do not think that «Perks» system suit this game. It's multiplayer medieval combat simulator, not another ad&d with PVE or something.
Some of your Perks is fun enough btw.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »
This idea may sound good but it wont change anything. It will just increase the crazy agi and strenght whores.
Just dont turn em all into attributes and ull have a fine amounth of skill points...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 11:03:45 am »
how can something be OP that apllies for everyone?

dunno why we need more skill points, seems pointless. more varity suggestions sounds nice, but i doubt its even doable. Also, Urist had some special skills in mind a long time ago, didn't found the tread though. :(

Offline Freyherr_von_Darmstedt

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • Game nicks: Freyherr_von_Darmstedt
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 12:19:25 pm »
I think it doesn't make sense to give more skill points at a specific level, but I like the perk system (but maybe with other perks then those which are offered here; I would prefer more realistic stuff like special combat moves etc.)
But a perk system is very difficult to add to a mod. (I think it's impossible?)

__
Sorry for my (maybe) wrong English, I'm German.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:36:53 pm »
INT.

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 05:44:28 pm »
every 15 th lvl... 2 times once on lvl 15 and the second time on lvl 30.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »
Alright lets make an build with your idea .
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)
Strength: 15
Agility: 30
Skills to attributes: 20
Ironflesh: 1
Power Strike: 5
Athletics: 10
Two Handed: 111
 This is what i can manage at lvl 30.
So for lvl 32 build.
15/33
lvl 35