Author Topic: nerf team hit damage  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
nerf team hit damage
« on: February 28, 2011, 02:26:24 am »
+1
Hi there,

Although i have been playing mount and blade for years but im a new player to cRPG, started last week. After i reached lv 30 and just about to start getting hang of things, most of the times team kills are  in my way.  I am a shielder, and over 50% of the times i die of team kills, and mostly done by pole-arm and throwing.

Suggestion:

undersand that team hit is essential to make this game more realistic, but getting team killed that many times is really unfair to some ppl because u cant really do anything about it.

Half the damage from team hit pls :)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: nerf team hit damage
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 02:29:09 am »
Half the damage from team hit pls :)

It is halved. Buy armour and it really shows.

Or watch where you are and what your teammates are doing, having a shield doesn't mean you need to go into someone's face and stop your teammates from attacking. If there are a lot of twohanders/polearms/throwers around, give them space to work.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:30:13 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:51:09 am »
Current team damage is fine, if it would be any lower people wouldn't care about it. Just stay away when you see 2-3 teammates vs 1 enemy or when one of the Turks is in your proximity and you will be fine. Of course there will still be the classic arrow in the back from friendly archers and the occasional throwing/xbow headshot but for now you just have to deal with it.

I would like to have ranged team-damage reflected, but I don't know if it's possible to reflect only ranged damage, maybe in the future with the WSE.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:52:36 am by Punisher »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:47 am »
Or watch where you are and what your teammates are doing, having a shield doesn't mean you need to go into someone's face and stop your teammates from attacking. If there are a lot of twohanders/polearms/throwers around, give them space to work.

Oh god, this is so annoying.

"Hey look I have a shield, I think I'll go facehug and circle the enemy so my teammate can't hit him. Oops I hit my teammate and we both died, think I'll call that teammate a noob for not helping me!"

/rant

I, on the other hand, have obviously never gotten a teammate killed by my own bloody stupidity.  :wink:

Offline Nephenee

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Freelance
  • Game nicks: _iNephenee_
  • IRC nick: Neph
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:02:46 am »
I would like to have ranged team-damage reflected, but I don't know if it's possible to reflect only ranged damage, maybe in the future with the WSE.

I agree ranged and throwing should reflect, it help alot and plus i know its a pain to be shoot in the back by a arrow and sadly I've shoot teammates lol i'd feel alot better about aiding a teammate with range if that was the case

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 11:17:55 am »
Yesterday I got shot in the back twice while fighting a naked guy with a club. Not because the fight lasted that long, but because 2 archers decided I needed help (kill steal).

Anyway, most of the time I have no trouble with team hits other than accidents (swing at an enemy, he dies just before your swing connects and you hit a teammate right next to you).
I hardly ever get killed by stupidity, but then I make sure I stay away from anyone swinging long things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Rasputin

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »
How drastically would it change the game if when someone did team damage, they took the damage instead of the person hit?
Aka a Karma punch to the face?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »
I make sure I stay away from anyone swinging long things.

If only more people did this. When I played a polearmer teammates strolling around willy-nilly when I was trying to fight could really be infuriating at times. Now with a 1h it's not that much of a problem, most of the time.

Sometimes I get the impression that people either don't know how to play or don't want help and prefer to just die instead. You can, especially if you're a shielder, serve up someone for a juicy backstab so often. Yet people often refuse to do it.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 03:56:21 pm »
I'd prefer if the FF was on FULL not the current 50% - it's bullshit, you maneuver someone to increase the chance of enemy tk and they shrug it off.

Reflective drastically makes the game suck even more.

FFS it's part of the game, laugh it off and keep fighting.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:42 pm »
All I want is there to be a 1000% reflection for friendly damage during the first 8 seconds of spawn. I am tired of some idiot hitting me with a backwards overhead because the twit is too stupid to understand the reach of his weapon and insists on swinging madly right at spawn.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »
All I want is there to be a 1000% reflection for friendly damage during the first 8 seconds of spawn.

Horsebumps out of spawn now do instakills to the horse and 50% health to the rider.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:11:59 pm »
Horsebumps out of spawn now do instakills to the horse and 50% health to the rider.

And how is that a bad thing?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »
I agree ranged and throwing should reflect, it help alot and plus i know its a pain to be shoot in the back by a arrow and sadly I've shoot teammates lol i'd feel alot better about aiding a teammate with range if that was the case

Quiet. Ive been hit 1000x more from team melee than ranged.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 07:26:31 pm »
Quiet. Ive been hit 1000x more from team melee than ranged.

lol - me too and usually it hurts more ...

Anyways - team damage should not be nerfed, me thinks. People are going wild enough already (me included sometimes), and right now they care at least a bit. Add hitpoints based penalty to teamhurting. And set teamdamage to 100%. Would make people think more before they shoot/throw/hack away madly at anything and everybody...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 11:51:09 pm »
+1
Oh i see the problem, i think now the current team hit damage is essential and its me who need more practice in melee teamwork :)

Thanks alot to every1 who gave me advices