25 (46.3%)
i like it, but some changes should be made
23 (42.6%)
it's bad, big changes has to be made
1 (1.9%)
Horrible
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: balance  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
balance
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:31:55 pm »
I decided to make this topic, because recently i've seen rage threads about EVERY single class.
2Hs have lolstab
shielders are protected against everything and have small fast weaps
polearms have epic range combined with fast attacks
archers can spam arrows
throwers can spam throwing stuff
HAs are hard to kill'and so on.

imo, every class has its own advantages and disadvantages, and therefore the game is overall balanced.
ofc there are minor things i would like to change; i.e. the fact that lolstabs outrange semi-long polearms and the speed of which you can spam throwing weaps, but those are minor things, and overall i think the game is balanced.

ofc cahdz could do like the CRPG playerbase demands and nerf everytghing, but we would end up with the same balance, just slower and with less damage, but that wouldn't make much sense, would it?
So i think that people should try to stop complaining so much about the game as tehre are certain things you can call OP about every class, and just try to play the game instead (not to offend anyone).

So this thread is for discussing the balance and you can also whine in here, so we don't have 100+ threads called "NERF ****".

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: balance
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:47:31 pm »
I think game balance is pretty good. On the average server the classes are pretty varied. Bows, crossbows and throwing weapons have all found their place on the battlefield. The people on top of the scoreboard are mostly cav or the very skilled 2h and sometimes a very skilled polearmer. I think the high end 2h swords have an edge over polearms, because of the lolstabs. Cav just get their kills by shishkebabbing unaware or already fighting players, so there is not much there that can be balanced.

In my opinion if you choose to be a hybrid you should be significantly worse at those two things you pick. Now hybrids barely have a disadvantage against pure players.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:59:17 am »
In my opinion if you choose to be a hybrid you should be significantly worse at those two things you pick. Now hybrids barely have a disadvantage against pure players.

i agree, it would also decrease the amount of projectiles in the beginning of every match

Offline SDGS8

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B_A_SDGS8......
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:17:51 am »
i think torp is right. nearly every day you can read in the chats, that something is OP. but i think there is allways a way to kill these "OPs". when i start to play M&B cav was a real problem. now i going on cav-hunt  :wink:
the problem are not the classes. if you play against lvl 34 or gen 15 or so. they are mostly just better, for example with their loomed stuff.
i think a patch or whining with no break cannot solve such things. i say: practice, practice practice....ppl should try to fight against classes who are "OP" and develop own ways to handle with. maybe it takes a little bit more time, but it works. at least for me it works.
Give me horses and i try to kill them :P

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 08:21:48 am »
I think there's a counter for every build, which makes the game balanced.

But team auto-balance... that's a completely different story.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:24:36 am by Vibe »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:31 am »
The only OP class at the moment is throwing and that's mainly because pure builds no longer have any noticeable advantage over hybrids, the rest with some small exceptions (too low price and str requirements on mid-tier polearms, huscarl being OP compared with the other shields, etc) feels balanced.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:47:11 am by Punisher »

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:33 am »
The only OP class at the moment is throwing and that's mainly because pure builds no longer have any noticeable advantage over hybrids, the rest with some small exceptions (too low price and str requirements on mid-tier polearms, huscarl being OP compared with the other shields, etc) feels balanced.

+1

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 01:12:04 pm »

tbh i dont think it's better than everything else - the problem is that it's 'free' to be a throwing hybrid, and that makes it impossible to avoid those  hundreds of projectiles flying through the air

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:09 pm »
polearms have epic range combined with fast attacks

No, they don't. Polearm have staggering and high weight weapons which often stuns low weight weapons. They're not that fast, the attacking direction is much easier to spot than that of the the two-handers, and they've only got decent range, no more.

I forgot, a lot of the good polearms are very cheap compared to their two-handed counterparts.

You also forgot crossbows. Slow, decent => good damage and ridiculously expensive. Good sidearm though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:29:09 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:48 pm »
No, they don't. Polearm have staggering and high weight weapons which often stuns low weight weapons. They're not that fast, the attacking direction is much easier to spot than that of the the two-handers, and they've only got decent range, no more.

I forgot, a lot of the good polearms are very cheap compared to their two-handed counterparts.

You also forgot crossbows. Slow, decent => good damage and ridiculously expensive. Good sidearm though.

you're right about the polearm thing, but i'm too lazy to edit it :D

and i only posted pure builds, as writing all hybrids would take too long, and as far as i know, there are few/no pure crossbowers