Author Topic: Punishment for TKing  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Punishment for TKing
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »
Screw punishment for TK. I rather want a system in which we get a 10 000 gold whenever you kill Balton. 20 000 if he is on the opposite team.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »
Hmm I have an interesting idea about this. How about when you get tk ed you gain +1 multipler for propitiation. And when you tk, well that's -1 modifer for you. With this , I think people will avoid tk ing each other on purpose, but this would be a good solution when accidents happen.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:23 pm »
Hmm I have an interesting idea about this. How about when you get tk ed you gain +1 multipler for propitiation. And when you tk, well that's -1 modifer for you. With this , I think people will avoid tk ing each other on purpose, but this would be a good solution when accidents happen.

How shall I formulate this... NO.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 09:21:45 pm »

How shall I formulate this... NO.

HAHHAHA LOOOOL? WHY? I KNOW! COS SPAMMERS (well not spammers, but loliswords do the most tk's I think) ARE DOING TOO MUCH TK AND IT'S DEFINITELY BAD FOR THEM :DDDDD.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 09:26:37 pm »
How about griefers/exploiters jumping in the way of other peoples attacks, just to get that multiplier?
Have you thought about that?

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 01:00:22 am »
quite obvious why many people ignore and/or don't want this, but still: move the whole thing (toplists, punishments, awards...) from "kill"-based to "hitpoints"-based. Anything else is random and unbalanced.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:25 am »
quite obvious why many people ignore and/or don't want this, but still: move the whole thing (toplists, punishments, awards...) from "kill"-based to "hitpoints"-based. Anything else is random and unbalanced.

Yes, please, this would make it really great, and also keep in mind that TKs or friendly hits would operate the same way.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 02:42:35 am »
Would be up for a small reward of xp (not so worried about gold) on the duel servers again, although recently I've been saving my dueling for when I hit level 30 (when i tire of the grind to 31, not to mention the obvious benifits of being "max level" in a duel setting) and I'm not really fussed not having one.

On the kill reward and TK penalty. Personally I don't think this is nessecary but I would be up for a reflective damage system of some kind. I think the old version highlighted the problems with a kill-reward system and even if its a token amount i think it still encourages people to be detrimentally kill hungry. I also think a severe cash deduction for Tking is a little harsh, particularly in modes like siege where its harder to avoid hitting your teammates. Reflective damage strikes me as a more pratical way to discourage reckless behaviour, although i am aware of the problems this would throw up.

Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 04:19:29 am »
Don't get in my way and I won't tk you bro.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 07:51:07 am »
Don't get in my way and I won't tk you bro.

I could aim my axes or I could just throw them.  Aiming takes skill.  I have likely one of the lowest TK rates ingame.  Try harder Trippinz.  I know you can do better.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe