Author Topic: Marketplace: wrong offer shows up (can affect every player)  (Read 767 times)

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
Marketplace: wrong offer shows up (can affect every player)
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:08:11 am »
I offer atm an elegant poleaxe for money and in another offer the elegant poleaxe for an arabian cavalry sword.
If you click on the offer for the arabian cavalry sword you will get the details of the other offer.

Just try it, charname is Fallen_Louis_le_Mort

I tested it with a few offers of other players with the same result.

edit:
I did a few more tests. A lot of persons who have more than one offer for a specific item are affected.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:57:41 pm by Kherr »

Offline Kherr

• Noble
    • View Profile
Re: Marketplace: wrong offer shows up (can affect every player)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:14:52 am »
I did now additional tests with the Internet Explorer (I tested it with Firefox before). Same result.

So if you have more than one offer for an item on the market the potential buyer will eventually see the wrong details if he clicks at one of the offers. No offer, no trade.

Did anybody see that also? I dont think that's a local problem.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:58:13 pm »
It is not a bug. Let's say you offer item X in exchange for item Y or gold Z. If someone opens one of these offers and can fulfill both requests he will be able to select which one. If he can only fulfill one of them only that one is displayed. If he cannot fulfill any the request belonging to that offer is displayed. It can be confusing that the actual request is not displayed and makes you think you opened the wrong offer, i will improve that. It is also not very useful right now since the limit is 5 offers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:59:49 pm by Harald »

Offline Kherr

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 03:19:28 pm »
Oh... thx for the explanation, now I understand it.

After reading your message I thought about the description in the offers.
Each offer has its own description. I wanted to add some information about alternative trade possibilities for the offered item.

As test I added in each of my both offers a description (A: Poleaxe for money, B: Poleaxe for a Sword). I tried to open offer B, and got - as you explained - offer A. But I saw in the offer details the description of offer B. I did not see the description of offer A.

So the potential buyer cannot read all information about the offers.

Edit:
I was not completely right. You can see both descriptions, but you have to click at first at offer B (to read description of B and details of A) and then at offer A (to read description of A and details of A). But imho a little bit confusing.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:33:14 pm by Kherr »