Author Topic: Players you respect...  (Read 35272 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1655
  • Infamy: 2478
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Players you respect...
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2012, 05:01:23 pm »
+1
Instead, we should throw rocks at each other because that takes some serious skills :rolleyes:

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:21 pm »
+3
I respect very few players this day, since they let, (and in many cases downright endorsed),  the stat paddling, build copying, gear trading MMORPG style, lack of originality, pile of shit game it has become.

I came back briefly the other day to see how the module was getting on and damn is it boring. Everyone is playing the same type of builds, the only real difference is aesthetic, I go on a server and see a sea of two handers in medium-heavy armour with the same weapons, accompanied by a few shielders here and there with the same equipment, followed by archers WITH....THE...SAME...BUILDS and equipment.

And maybe one or two cav riding around.

I expect to receive a sea of down votes, but then again I suppose no-one likes a harsh truth.

Kinda agree with this. Most players like to crutch the ez-mode stuff 'cause they MUST HAVE THE BEST KDR!!! There are at least more crazy builds now than there were a few months ago, but for the most part it is the same shit over and over again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 978
  • Infamy: 928
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2012, 05:05:06 pm »
+1
Can't change human nature. They should fix the system if they want to prevent that.

But chadz doesn't care much about c-rpg module. In last six months every patch he released was 80% Strategus, 20% c-rpg updates.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2012, 05:19:30 pm »
+1
I respect very few players this day, since they let, (and in many cases downright endorsed),  the stat paddling, build copying, gear trading MMORPG style, lack of originality, pile of shit game it has become.

I came back briefly the other day to see how the module was getting on and damn is it boring. Everyone is playing the same type of builds, the only real difference is aesthetic, I go on a server and see a sea of two handers in medium-heavy armour with the same weapons, accompanied by a few shielders here and there with the same equipment, followed by archers WITH....THE...SAME...BUILDS and equipment.

And maybe one or two cav riding around.

I expect to receive a sea of down votes, but then again I suppose no-one likes a harsh truth.
I can sign this. There are so many options, so many armors and combinations you can wear. Still people walk around in their light and heavy kuyaks and swing their mw danishs or elite scims. That's why I respect people who stick to their weapon and gear, even if they get heavily nerfed, or choose style over stats.
Being unique is one of the main reasons to play crpg imo.

Offline Kastu

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:05 pm »
I respect Massassin, even though i've never met him in-game. I've only heard rumors about the incredible things he does. Does everyone else respect him?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
+1
I respect Massassin, even though i've never met him in-game. I've only heard rumors about the incredible things he does. Does everyone else respect him?

Hey.

Yourself?

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »

Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »

How many more times?  :|

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2012, 06:31:18 pm »
Instead, we should throw rocks at each other because that takes some serious skills :rolleyes:
That sounds like a great idea.  :mrgreen:

ps: You think doing well with rocks DOESN'T take serious skills?

In any case my point is about freedom and variety more than anything else lol. Afterall when I play now I play for 20 minutes...get bored and go off and do something else....although that may not be such a bad thing.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:33:26 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »
+6
I respect every players that let me have fun on servers every day I play :-)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2012, 07:43:43 pm »
+1
I think when it comes to weapon variety, upkeep cost could perhaps factor less in people's decision on which weapon to use. There are so many different weapon types, but theres a bit of a gulf between the best stuff, the middle range stuff and trash equipment. Maybe they should level out the damage stats a bit but keep variety using weapon lengths, weight, speed etc. For 2 handers you basically have greatswords/crushthrough weapons and some other swords, then the majority is "unbalanced" which makes them kinda sub par or they just have inferior stats that make them unappealing.

For polearms you have much more variety but again some weapons are blatently inferior to more expensive versions rather than just different .
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2012, 07:44:33 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Thank you for your input?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2012, 07:50:10 pm »
Thank you for your input?

I was refering to this discussion, whats with the sarcy question mark?

I can sign this. There are so many options, so many armors and combinations you can wear. Still people walk around in their light and heavy kuyaks and swing their mw danishs or elite scims. That's why I respect people who stick to their weapon and gear, even if they get heavily nerfed, or choose style over stats.
Being unique is one of the main reasons to play crpg imo.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »
I was refering to this discussion, whats with the sarcy question mark?

I was unsure if I appreciated your input, as the confliction between being off-topic of who we respect in this e-peen thread and the agreeable post made it difficult, hence the question mark.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:59 pm »
I dont respect any of you, already cause you are all here. Get a life you nerds.......and a girlfriend/or boyfriend(in which case would you marry me, im so lonely, I could show you my star wars actionfigure collection.)
(click to show/hide)

PS:
How could I forget Tiberius....

You mean me?....or some other Tiberius.....cause I heard there was someone  in C-rpg with the same name, only without the "X". And I have played this soo little, that I doubt ive made any inpact or I am even memorable....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:00:03 pm by TiberiusX »