Author Topic: Version 0.270  (Read 57022 times)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: Version 0.270
« Reply #300 on: February 25, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »
Somehow( i dont care how  :mrgreen: ) limit number of ranged scum on servers.. :)
Maybe add maximum amount of ranged weapons per server? Ranged could play... With melee weapons if they can't get their main weap :D. Then maybe add somekind of "ranged balance randomizator" to determine who of can use the bows for example.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2012, 03:00:56 am »
+4
You know what next patch needs? +10 damage to all bows, +20 missile and weapon speed, 2-slot bows becomes 1-slot, 1-slot bows becomes 0-slot. That's what the next patch needs...

...And then we remove normal, barbed, tatar and bodkin arrows :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:01 am »
+3
There should be something to prevent people ignoring melee weapons and wearing armor as archers .
Naked archers with no melee capability fucks this mod up.
It's unreal , retarded and lollery ...
Bows are very accurate and very fast , archers are very fast so we have a skirmisher naked crazyass runner archers in this game...
When i google archer i see this :

I never saw a guy like this in any server of cRPG...
Nerfing damage of bows is silly methinks .
Problem is we don't have a real medieval archer in cRPG .
With high athletics and no armor , they can run away and keep shooting therefore they don't wear armor , they dont carry any melee weapons..
Maybe tiny little possibility is that they skirmish cuz they can carry 45-72 arrows maybe this is the source of ranged retardness in cRPG ?
I really never saw an archer with 72 arrows on TV, books or movies . (Elves of Middle-earth included in what i seen  :lol:)

My suggestion :
Increase the archers damage heavily , reduce their wpf penalty a lot , lower bow's accuracy , let every damn archer carry 1 quiver somehow.

Do this and let us have medium armoured longbowmen with langes messers or maybe add some variation on 1 slot 2h and polearm weapons aswell ?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:14:32 am by koyama »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2012, 08:17:54 am »

Increase the archers damage heavily , reduce their wpf penalty a lot , lower bow's accuracy , let every damn archer carry 1 quiver somehow.

Not sure I agree with Archer Damage being any higher, or making archery luck based.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2012, 12:20:30 pm »
Throwing stone with nuke power doesn't work anymore....

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2012, 12:27:55 pm »
+4
Not sure I agree with Archer Damage being any higher, or making archery luck based.

I agree on that part

let every damn archer carry 1 quiver somehow.

But this I like, and have suggested before. Keep quiver weight as it is, but make two quivers give you the same penalty as two shields. Reduce penalty to archery wpf from armour. Let's get some medium-armored archers with a decent melee weapon. You could still carry two quivers but that would be for when camping a favorable position or knowing that you have infantry support.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:31:24 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2012, 12:42:14 pm »
BUFF RANGED!!!1!

still not "viable" enough
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2012, 02:46:03 pm »
+1
It should be luck based to be honest.
Bows are not sniper rifles , if they were that accurate people wouldn't invent sniper rifles  :wink:
and yeah damage should be higher i don't want to be chuck norris and survive 6 arrows ...

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »
Bows are not sniper rifles , if they were that accurate people wouldn't invent sniper rifles  :wink:
and yeah damage should be higher i don't want to be chuck norris and survive 6 arrows ...

Remove the skill factor and you remove the fun with archery, I would say.

6 arrows? I go down in 2-4 depending on the archer and I have full lordly set with 21 str and 5 IF. What kind of sick strength build are you. :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #309 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:14 pm »
+2
I agree on that part

But this I like, and have suggested before. Keep quiver weight as it is, but make two quivers give you the same penalty as two shields. Reduce penalty to archery wpf from armour. Let's get some medium-armored archers with a decent melee weapon. You could still carry two quivers but that would be for when camping a favorable position or knowing that you have infantry support.
When I was an archer I used medium armour (blue kettle helmet, blue tunic over mail, mail gauntlets, rus boots, just to name them) and a decent 1 slot 1hander. It was scarily effective. Yeah, I didn't pew-pew as many enemies (although I got 1-2 kills with the bow AND damage a lot of others or stunning them infront of my melee allies), and I couldn't whack as many people in melee as my pure-melee brothers, but when I added them together, it became a bigger contribution than the average archer and the average melee guy does alone. Sure, you could  say that's because I'm so awesome, but I personally say I did better with that build than I normally do. Anyway, the problem isn't it NOT being viable, it's the current ranged people being afraid of any little penalty they get with their bows and still whining over all the "drawbacks of archery" which they actually just impose on themselves.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

Game balance though and "fun" overrule realism. If archery becomes luck based, then almost no one will play it as there is no room for improvement much less a feeling of personal impact, and everytime you die from an archer you will feel cheated from dying due to dumb luck and not because of skill.

The bows in this game are not sniper rifles by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1825
  • Infamy: 2725
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2012, 07:08:28 pm »
If archery becomes luck based, then almost no one will play it

That's a good thing :D

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »
Anyway, the problem isn't it NOT being viable, it's the current ranged people being afraid of any little penalty they get with their bows and still whining over all the "drawbacks of archery" which they actually just impose on themselves.

Yes, mentioned it a few times earlier myself. I went 5 ps with my archer (no wpf though) but could slay down quite a few enemies with pickaxe, fightin axe or mace. Is those few milliseconds better drawtime and that one athletics better than 5-6 PS and a couple of IF?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:17:18 pm by Gurnisson »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2012, 07:52:35 pm »
I like the idea of archers wearing medium armor, but the extra weight carries precision penalties. This suggests that the devs want archers to be light armored to encourage pure builds. And personaly I have no athlectics at all, since my longbowman needs as much wm as possible. I had no idea some archers could afford to expend skill points in athletics.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:53:48 pm by Adamar »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:56 pm »
Game balance though and "fun" overrule realism. If archery becomes luck based, then almost no one will play it as there is no room for improvement much less a feeling of personal impact, and everytime you die from an archer you will feel cheated from dying due to dumb luck and not because of skill.

The bows in this game are not sniper rifles by any stretch of the imagination.

To be honest I play this game for it's super interesting fighting mechanism, not to get shot at.