Author Topic: leechers,scamming,marketplace fix  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
leechers,scamming,marketplace fix
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:12:11 am »
+1
ok here is my point
our market place is a paradise for scammers capitalists and additionally is producing leechers/semi leechers in this game which is supposed to be a battle game.
suggestion :
make fixed loom prices like 300k - 400k per loom point put on market.
You cannot apply 1+2+3 loom value here without taking into account that each loom brings you closer to the maximum possible +3, thus giving each weapon state much increased price.
valid objection there ... so it might be better to have fixed loom tier price like
+1 ~ 300k
+2 ~ <+1> + 350k = 650k
+3 ~ <+2> + 400k = 1050k
?
additionally one might state that the plain item price should be added to the loom cost so it would result in:
 loom tier price + plain item price.

reason:
i dislike peasant clothed wooden stick wearing chars laughting in my face while i try to do the job on the balltefield.
not that i wouldnt understand there are reasons for wearing low gear sometimes ,its even fun for me to do so sometimes but ... the overall tendency and temptation for leeching is fun breaking and thats not even the worst kind of greed produced by the current market place implementation. the only thing marketplace interface offers is a look on overpriced items aiming to rise the profit you can make in the marketplace forum! thats what newbies are faced with.
scamming fooling new community members became a normality in this current market place... resulting in a bad picture newbies get from the game.
also there is actual prices for loom points and some gear .. that make me only laugh in a sick way.
i am one lvling 31+ (2h) and if i wear a decent gear i have really low gold income even if i give my best it is not really worthwhile. i need about a month or more to earn the gold for a new +1 loomed weapon or for one loompoint to put on my gear (playing each day!).
im not even complaining about the low lvl restricted loom exchange from alts (sacrifice) introduced in last patch that dont benefit high lvl chars. im fine with it.
but the tendencies and implications with this current market place for the community make me sad mad. and i still want to get payed for my work.
so :
stop promoting scamming and leeching
make fixed loom prices
until we get a marketplace interface which grants overview over the "real" prices.

for the sake of the community
ty

what exactly do you mean by scammers?
i mb have overgeneralized this term scamming there which means exploiting bugs to actually "steal" from other players afaik.sorry for that ... lets call it cheat or trick or fool someone.
what i meant is that the unconnected market place (the place where ppl believe to see the current prizes for items) from trade post section in forum(where the real crime trade take place) is the gap that enables players to grow their item prices to the sky. the real trades made are barely the ones where someone puts a honest offer on the market and waits until someone buys the item. real trades are made in the trader forum and only see  the market place for a very short period of time ; thats after parties have agreed about the price in the trader forum. yet the character page market place is the place new members will believe to see the current prizes for items!
imagin me putting a mw long dagger on the market for 2mill gold (where i never believe someone will buy it for that silly price) and also offering it on the trade forum as an auction not really argeeing to any good offer. this is already a faked offer. you can bet that others will jump on the train and rise their prices for mw long daggers in the following time. and i will sell my long dagger for a price way over its actual worth if i only wait long enough.
it also works the other way around where you make silly cheap payment offers to new forum traders and make them believe their items are not worth much. i know this happens! then you only need to wait until the new trader will possibly sell you the item for a very cheap price... especially rare items which are not easy to find in the market suffer a reference value prize.
thus the trader forum unconnected from market place supports heavy prize manipulation since there is no indepedent price reference list.
not at last this system heavily reflects on the loom point prizes btw.
i dont blame the traders to exploit this system since its only natural to do so yet im tired of it...ty
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:25:43 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: leechers,scamming,marketplace fix
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:03 am »
+1
(without mentioning names like herkkutatti)

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:07 am »
(click to show/hide)
i did what ? herkk is a funny and neat guy and i like him .. yet he is so offensively and openly leeching , its not a secret at all and that it makes me think ...about the concept of the game .. ty
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:27:04 am by Micah »

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:23 am »
I sold all my looms when the prices raised to this level (who the fuck buys +3 item for 1,65mil??) and i stopped to be that famous leecher scum , nowadays i use same gear as goretooth :wink: 
(click to show/hide)
Also i was usefull leecher when we had ladders on siege , now i am just useless piece of shit :(
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:29:11 am »
to get this straight .. i dont complain about leechers .. i complain about the structure supporting this ...
in all honesty , i think its a smart way to behave in this game atm ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:35:31 am by Micah »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:50:34 am »
Crafting should be a counter to this because you wind up with shit crafting in shit. But people don't care about strat :(

The people that leech in crap gear are boobs. Complete boobs.

Kaftan/leather gloves/rus cav boots + Yanmaodao + Round Cav shield = 13k gear cost. You will pull a huge amount cash out that gen. Or like a player in oz you go all peasant clothing and use a military fork, OldPeasant has great setup, he just has to avoid ranged.

There is no need to just use a stick except for the sake of "style" but if you want to be a cav man you should use a flaming tourch.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:46 am »
erm strat ? whats that =P
well ... idk how strat could care about things in crpg since its gotta deal with its own problems first tbh...ty

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 02:56:30 am »
market is broken
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline indigocylinder

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 05:18:37 am »

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 07:07:39 am »
i mb have overgeneralized this term scamming there which means exploiting bugs to actually "steal" from other players afaik.sorry for that ... lets call it cheat or trick or fool someone.
what i meant is that the unconnected market place (the place where ppl believe to see the current prizes for items) from trade post section in forum(where the real crime trade take place) is the gap that enables players to grow their item prices to the sky. the real trades made are barely the ones where someone puts a honest offer on the market and waits until someone buys the item. real trades are made in the trader forum and only see  the market place for a very short period of time ; thats after parties have agreed about the price in the trader forum. yet the character page market place is the place new members will believe to see the current prizes for items!
imagin me putting a mw long dagger on the market for 2mill gold (where i never believe someone will buy it for that silly price) and also offering it on the trade forum as an auction not really argeeing to any good offer. this is already a faked offer. you can bet that others will jump on the train and rise their prices for mw long daggers in the following time. and i will sell my long dagger for a price way over its actual worth if i only wait long enough.
it also works the other way around where you make silly cheap payment offers to new forum traders and make them believe their items are not worth much. i know this happens! then you only need to wait until the new trader will possibly sell you the item for a very cheap price... especially rare items which are not easy to find in the market suffer a reference value prize.
thus the trader forum unconnected from market place supports heavy prize manipulation since there is no indepedent price reference list.
not at last this system heavily reflects on the loom point prizes btw.
i dont blame the traders to exploit this system since its only natural to do so yet im tired of it...ty
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:20:34 am by Micah »

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 09:33:17 am »
You cannot apply 1+2+3 loom value here without taking into account that each loom brings you closer to the maximum possible +3, thus giving each weapon state much increased price.
valid objection there ... so it might be better to have fixed loom tier price like
+1 ~ 300k
+2 ~ <+1> + 350k = 650k
+3 ~ <+2> + 400k = 1050k
?
additionally one might state that the plain item price should be added to the loom cost so it would result in:
 loom tier price + plain item price.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:39:45 am by Micah »

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 10:10:58 am »
burn poophammer :)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 10:28:58 am »
dont see how this solves anything.  people will continue leeching,   with lowered item prices they will simply acquire looms faster.

the hole idea of a free market is that prices are dictated by bid and ask,  and afaics we have surpassed the pinicle of priceses and are moving downward again

edit:  further more your system neglects value change through nerfs and buffs,  giving former items no chance of being traded away.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:31:01 am by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Micah

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 11:04:06 am »
dont see how this solves anything.  people will continue leeching,   with lowered item prices they will simply acquire looms faster.
you got a point.
wouldnt it yet be less encouraging ppl to leech if there wasnt that market centric POV?

the hole idea of a free market is that prices are dictated by bid and ask,  and afaics we have surpassed the pinicle of priceses and are moving downward again
is that so? will it be a solid state?
unmoderated bid and ask will not result in an ballanced/fair state ; it will result in few rich trying to mass up wealth and exploit the poor ones afaik.
we all know that game .. it sux

edit:  further more your system neglects value change through nerfs and buffs,  giving former items no chance of being traded away.
if i got your point right you think fixed prices make it hard (or even impossible) to get rid of "bad" items which you can still sell cheap on current market?
well ... ok.
would it be impossible to solve this problem?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:07:20 am by Micah »

Offline De_Gothia

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rzeczypospolita Polska
  • Game nicks: Jerzy_Dudek
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »
The free market must be forever.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :mad:
How much I want to sell. this as much as I want.
and who wants to buy, buy it.
No one is forcing anyone here.
Your passwords are communist.
Dear Stalin  :lol: :lol: :lol: Out of love for his people  :shock: :shock:
lack of democracy and freedom  :shock: :shock:
Piłka temu się poświecę :)