Author Topic: OK its getting a bit much.  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boomshanka
OK its getting a bit much.
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:47 am »
+1
[emorage] So I'm in a battle today, desert village and I make onto a roof.  Towards the end there is me and one other player on there and since I am an xbowman, it is a good vantage point.  Next minute there is a votekick on me because I and the other player are not supposed to be up there and admins have binned players because of it before (apparently  :rolleyes: ).
Now I wasn't aware of this and I doubt the other player was as well.  Plus it beggars the question, if your not supposed to be on that particular roof then why the f*ck can you get up there by ladder (a fixed one not siege) in the first place.

Now kick me for being a tit by all means but its getting ridiculous the amount of times the vote is popping up on screens.  A reason for a vote is rarely given and when it is (which is incredibly rare) it is only then that it makes sense (TK'ing ).

• Wrong hair colour...votekick
     Testicles to small...votekick
     killed me with a butter knife...votekick
     Said my tabard was gay...votekick
     Prefers basket weaving over macrame...votekick
     Voted conservative...votekick
     Said my chainmail made my butt look big...votekick
     Tried to kiss me in the siege tower...votekick
     Nicked my lipstick and wont give it back...votekick.

Sorry but it seems that any prepube emoGTXter has the ability to do this without any reason other than there mom asked them to tidy their room.  I dont know about anybody else but there needs to be something put in place where the admin can stamp on these wankers who do this without good reason.  If someone calls for a kick and there is no announcement as to why then they should be the ones kicked.  If someone calls for a kick and the reason is emo then the caller should be kicked.

[/emorage]

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
Re: OK its getting a bit much.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:07:23 am »
Hey
As a player, you shouldve taken a look at the rules before playing. Here they are:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2492.0.html
Let me point the specific one you broke.
4) Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
 - NOT OK: camping unreachable places when last man standing (to force a draw)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:24:30 am »
Hey
As a player, you shouldve taken a look at the rules before playing. Here they are:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2492.0.html
Let me point the specific one you broke.
4) Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
 - NOT OK: camping unreachable places when last man standing (to force a draw)

:shock:
Ok did you even read my post? 
This wasnt the main point of it but there are no maps posted anywhere with nice red rings circling out of bounds areas so a new player like myself doesn't have a clue where they can't go. Not to mention, being specific, I said that the place where myself and the other player were could be accessed by a bloody ladder.  There was no problem in them climbing it and cutting us down, plus I wasn't last man standing.  If a location is accessable by a ladder then I doubt it was a glitch.  They just couldnt be arsed climbing it to get us.

Plus your own rules state "No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting the poll".   The point of this post.   Maybe that should be enforced for a change.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:26:34 am by Franklin »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:17 am »
If an admin was on, you would have gotten a warning. Sadly, non-admins dont do stuff like that, they just kick/ban-polls stright away.
You were only kicked, the reason for that is that a lot of users dont care about the difference between ban or kick as long as its not against emself. When its against emself, they rage. Its kinda.. sad.

Anyway, yes, theres no huge rings. Way too many maps to do that, and you would probably not look at em anyway, so wouldnt those polling you.

As long as you can reach the place by ladder, your allowed to stay there. But if someone removes that ladder, no one else can reach the place. If the enemy cant reach you, its not allowed to stay up there when everyone else on ur team is gone. You cant require the enemy to bring ladders through the whole fight to make up for this.
When you still stay up there when no one else can reach you, your breaking the rules. And then the kick poll to get you down is not random. Tho, the poller are required to state a reason for the kick, and the reason must show that you break the rules.

Offline Franklin

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »
Its a pity there isnt an auto system for when admin isn't present.  I can only come up with a points system that works for team killing. 1 point per kill. 2 or 3 kills (3pts) youre out for however long is suitable.  Build up 10 or 20 points = temp ban.

As for other issues maybe a menu select for 'reason' with certain reasons disabled when admin isn't on.  Griefing and asshattery to be submitted using screenshots with only Tking being available.

Who knows.

I just think its getting a bit much when players are being polled because they have a high kill count or because they got one to many headshots, or because its 4v2 with three minutes + to go and they cant be arsed getting a clean victory. 
Its a form of griefing in itself that puts big white letters across youre screen which distracts you from play while you see if a reason has been given and you make your selection.  Not to mention putting a downer on the player slected for the boot. 
Once or twice a battle is meh but its getting to the level of spam at certain times especially when the server is close to capacity.

At the end ofthe day meh.  I just hope something with more structure and justice is implemented at a future date.  :?

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:26:14 pm »
@Lilith

well he stated in his first post that it was a fixed ladder allready in the game. so a non destructable.

@Franklin

although ift it is one of those small ladders which are very steep you need a really, really long time to get up there and if it was the end of the round and the other team was having way more members still alive, I can understand that. because they would have never been able to get up there in time so it would have been a nice gesture to get down.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:51:55 pm »
[emorage] So I'm in a battle today, desert village and I make onto a roof.  Towards the end there is me and one other player on there and since I am an xbowman, it is a good vantage point.  Next minute there is a votekick on me because I and the other player are not supposed to be up there and admins have binned players because of it before (apparently  :rolleyes: ).
Now I wasn't aware of this and I doubt the other player was as well.  Plus it beggars the question, if your not supposed to be on that particular roof then why the f*ck can you get up there by ladder (a fixed one not siege) in the first place.

Now kick me for being a tit by all means but its getting ridiculous the amount of times the vote is popping up on screens.  A reason for a vote is rarely given and when it is (which is incredibly rare) it is only then that it makes sense (TK'ing ).

• Wrong hair colour...votekick
     Testicles to small...votekick
     killed me with a butter knife...votekick
     Said my tabard was gay...votekick
     Prefers basket weaving over macrame...votekick
     Voted conservative...votekick
     Said my chainmail made my butt look big...votekick
     Tried to kiss me in the siege tower...votekick
     Nicked my lipstick and wont give it back...votekick.

Sorry but it seems that any prepube emoGTXter has the ability to do this without any reason other than there mom asked them to tidy their room.  I dont know about anybody else but there needs to be something put in place where the admin can stamp on these wankers who do this without good reason.  If someone calls for a kick and there is no announcement as to why then they should be the ones kicked.  If someone calls for a kick and the reason is emo then the caller should be kicked.

[/emorage]

Dead players can't announce why they're kicking to an alive person.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »
eu servers?

beware the polltards. Funny list though, +1.

Play to win at all times and ignore the precious multipliers.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 06:44:30 pm »
Perhaps you should make the rules list a sticky and link to it from the c-rpg page instead of just linking a thread thats been posted by a player thats only been ressurected into the first page today since feb, would make it much easier for new players to read. Even if you can't do this how about brining it to the attention of people that can.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 09:04:02 pm »
well the rules show on each server ''announcement board''

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 10:07:42 am »
We're working on the official server rules in the admin board, they'll probably get posted and stickied in a few days.