Author Topic: Bug: Invisible empty throwing weapon stacks blocking items  (Read 393 times)

Offline ObiWanKejoshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kejoshi, ObiWanKejoshi, Speedy_Kejoshi
Bug: Invisible empty throwing weapon stacks blocking items
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »
Hi,

I've noticed one very annoying bug that occurs when you pick up (throwing) weapons a lot:
Let's say I spawn with 2 stacks of Heavy throwing Axes and a Long axe. Now I throw away all my axes, so theoretically i should have 2 free slos and a Long axe. When i now try to pick up any (throwing) weapon that is no Heavy throwing Axe I'll drop my Long axe to pick up whatever I've just selected.
However, this can be fixed by Putting my melee weapon in the first slot or by dropping the last of the throwing weapons instead of using it.

I guess this also means I'm still paying repair costs even after I've used up all my throwing weapons.
This issue also accurs with arrows and, I suppose, bolts.

Another (part of this) bug is the following:
If I put my Melee weapon in the first slot and the throwing weapons in the other slots, then use up all throwing weapons and pick up anything that's no throwing weapon i spawned with, I'll drop an empty stack of throwing weapons. This empty stack can be picked up again to use the secondary mode for attack and blocking.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: Bug: Invisible empty throwing weapon stacks blocking items
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:50 pm »
I guess this also means I'm still paying repair costs even after I've used up all my throwing weapons.
This issue also accurs with arrows and, I suppose, bolts.

IIRC you *may* have repairs for items you have at spawn. It doesn't care if you drop them later.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ObiWanKejoshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kejoshi, ObiWanKejoshi, Speedy_Kejoshi
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:26:29 pm »
I thought at each tick (or whatever you want to call the time you get money/exp) you have a certain chance to break each item you are carrying at this particular tick. This is why you sometimes have to repair items you didn't spawn with, but picked them up somewhere.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:28:05 pm »
Never ever noticed that, I only got repairs for items I had from start. Though I dont pick up to many things except horses  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)