Author Topic: Is This a Real Aimbot?  (Read 8988 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Is This a Real Aimbot?
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:39:44 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KArQdASAKSo
Not knowing much Turkish, I don't know whether this is genuine or a wind up. However, yesterday I charged some enemies and got hit twice in quick succession by an arrow and a bolt. On the next map I rounded a hill near some enemies, the same thing happened: thud-thud, two hits on me (not my horse) in quick succession. Next map, I turn a corner in a desert village and exactly the same thing - two hits instantly, thud-thud, with no warning... hmm. Maybe I was just really unlucky. It should be fairly easy to catch someone who uses this particular aimbot (if it exists) because in some cases, the archer isn't looking at what he's shooting.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Is This a Real Aimbot?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:43:07 pm »
That sure looks like aimbot. Well not really aimbot, more like tracer arrows lol

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 12:54:38 pm »
+3
knew there gotta be something of this sort.

fucking bundle of stickss
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »
Does it work in multiplayer?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:02:57 pm »
+6
We were discussing aimbots in irc yesterday, not knowing about this myself we pretty much decided that with cRPG, it would be a fairly pointless endevour to use one since my skilled ranged players would happily be able to out-do these guys.

Basically, with the fact that it is more or less impossible to have pinpoint accuracy there would still be a degree of randomness to everything that the person would do. They would have to be close enough to have their reticle to fit the enemies head perfectly or they would have to have a large trade-off on PD in order to have this.

Sure, it would be viable, sure it would be annoying to have someone with that kind of accuracy but on top of that again, the arrow speed is slow, the arrows aren't homing, you'll still be able to avoid them and it would still be as if someone was shooting at you without it.

In many ways it would be a disadvantage because although they would follow you exactly, and they would follow where you are going to be, as soon as they release the arrow, they can't change the direction of it, and because it appears to lock you into where it wants to fire, you wouldn't be able to pre-empt a quick direction change from an enemy, hitting them successfully.

Personally, at this stage of it's so called development, from watching the video, it would decrease the effectiveness of some ranged players and if there's anyone already using this, I haven't noticed, I still know which people are a good shot and which ones are not, i've not come across anyone who i've suddenly gone "omg, how the hell is he so accurate" who I haven't previously thought were good.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, as with the autoblocker if this ever came into the game, i'm sure it would be picked up, and secondly, i'm quite sure that there will still be people who are playing legit who are better than them.

This isn't Call of Duty where accuracy is pin point and it would be so damned easy to catch someone who had coded the game to flick around following where the arrow will be released in order to get the shot on target. (Immense character shake in order to follow where the arrow will be released, the shake would also increase rapidly because the quicker you move your mouse, the bigger the reticle would get, so you'd have people wobbling all over the place in order to shoot you perfectly and then you would instantly think "yeah, that guy ain't legit.")

Really wouldn't worry about it, honestly, I would more or less say, if you get shot, you were probably shot legit.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:09:48 pm »
Who cares they will just end up to rot with the permabanned autoblocker douche bags..

Grabbing popcorn's an soda to enjoy their tears in the ban section for when the time comes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:11:12 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Loar Avel

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Lady_Marlyse
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »
I like it, this kind of my old friendcher are much more easier to dodge.

Could we give it to the really dangerous my old friendcher here? Like Jambi or Blackbow?
The world is split in two categorie.
The one digging, and the one with the loaded crossbow.

But never forget that the one digging, got a big shovel.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »
The advantage conferred wouldn't necessarily be perfect accuracy, but the ability not to bother aiming. This would allow the cheat to keep up a very fast rate of fire, not waiting until the reticule was narrow, not assigning more wpf to archery than was necessary for PD (if archers do that)
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:40:32 pm »
Aimbot has been in CRPG for a LONG long time.  I might have been able to help at one point but ive already been banned for 25 days for trying to help with the auto blocker (back when people said autoblocking couldnt be done, sounds familiar to aimbot) so I think ill pass and we can all just deal with it until someone finds a way to detect it.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:00 pm »
Aimbot has been in CRPG for a LONG long time.  I might have been able to help at one point but ive already been banned for 25 days for trying to help with the auto blocker (back when people said autoblocking couldnt be done, sounds familiar to aimbot) so I think ill pass and we can all just deal with it until someone finds a way to detect it.

This is completely different, there are more random factors in aiming, with blocking, you have 4 directions, no more, no less, you have no degree of randomness that could decide if someone misses a block because it's always exact, you get the right direction, you block the attack.

With ranged, as I previously said, you've got a reticle that doesn't have an exact hit box, you can only aim to a degree of accuracy and that means that there will never be someone who runs around insta-headshotting everyone at a decent range, it'll be most noticable at close range when someone is able to pop off accurate shot after accurate shot into enemies heads (obviously, they would have to be unaware or not that close)

Unlike aimbots in games like Call of Duty where hitting a target is instant, click the button and see enemy hit, here you have a delay between shooting and landing a shot, that will give another variable and another chance for someone to get out of the way, I have already typed all this out in my previous post and as I say, I wouldn't be worried about an aimbot for multiplayer being particularly effective.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 05:58:52 pm »
I am afraid that it will only work in single player, multiplayer has client server and it is impossible for them to do it on multiplayer , no worries. From watching the video it doesn't seem like its aimbot because it's like he is shooting randomly at one direction while he is pressing the key "`", and those stupid bots might as well got stuck in same position as they doesn't seem to be moving. It might be some kind of program where you can move the reticle to move while you are aiming.

this is not counter strike, even if you are using aimbot, the accurary of head shot is still not 100 % because when you are aiming with a bow the reticle will become larger, and making a aimbot is kinda impossible. someone tried to make it before, but fail to do so
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:02:47 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »
There is an aimbot in cRPG for some time now, its called Zerobot and it does exactly the same as shown in this video: turns around and shoots randomly while in motion and scores a lot of headshots.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:09:31 pm »
There is an aimbot in cRPG for some time now, its called Zerobot and it does exactly the same as shown in this video: turns around and shoots randomly while in motion and scores a lot of headshots.

(click to show/hide)

I saw some merc use that aimbot last night. He even named himself after it... Bastard!

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 06:09:38 pm »
+2
I understand your point about aimbot and it sounds like it makes sense.  But when people, myself included, started suspected autoblocker, we were met with similar arguments about why it could not be done.

Now aimbot speculations have been sprouting up more frequent and the "It would'nt work arguments are back". 

There are aimbots that can control the arrow/bullet to do a heat seek hit.  Take the apb aimbot for example.  The uzi has a massive bullet spread and the aimbot will take the spread and make every bullet hit the target.  Same thing with the shotgun.  It makes every round hit the target.  It simply does not just lock onto the target.  It manipulates the projectiles.  This can be done with any game. 

Anything can be hacked.  Anything can be aimbotted. 

I an not trying to promote or advocate using aimbots.  I am just saying it's there and everyone should be mindful of it.  It's there in every online game you have ever played.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »
+1
The uzi has a massive bullet spread and the aimbot will take the spread and make every bullet hit the target.  Same thing with the shotgun.  It makes every round hit the target.  It simply does not just lock onto the target.  It manipulates the projectiles.  This can be done with any game. 
This is only possible if either:

a) The client and server share the random seed used to determine bullet spread (this is sometimes done so that players can get immediate feedback on the direction their shots are going, rather than having to wait for the server to respond back with that information)

or

b) the random spread is implemented entirely client-side

If the random spread is implemented server-side, and if the seed is not shared with the client, then there is no way for the client to eliminate the spread (assuming the seed is selected in a way that the client cannot predict).