Poll

Should Horseman be able to capture the flag/ Defend the flag

Yes
5 (45.5%)
No
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Horseman Capturing Flag in Siege  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Horseman Capturing Flag in Siege
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »
On the topic, one horseman doesnt stop the whole area around the flag from being under the infs control.  If you want to stop the flag dropping, get off and fight for it.

Also bias polls are insta fail as far as suggestions go.
Turtles

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 12:42:02 pm »
On the topic, one horseman doesnt stop the whole area around the flag from being under the infs control.  If you want to stop the flag dropping, get off and fight for it.

Also bias polls are insta fail as far as suggestions go.

If the horseman want to stop the area around the flag he must stand close to it which means there is a great risk of him getting 1 hit kill from behind.  if i dismount i will surely die in a 1 vs 10 situation. At least if i am able to stop the flag, i can delay it at least for about 5 seconds so that other ally can come to help before i fall off from the horse

i am pretty sure that not many horseman will use plate charger + steel shield as it is very expensive for the upkeep
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:02:08 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 02:00:31 pm »
Sell 1 loompoint adn your fine, besides, if you've got 2 or more people on plated chargers with steel shields its gunna take a long time to kill them.
Turtles

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 02:05:56 pm »
Sell 1 loompoint adn your fine, besides, if you've got 2 or more people on plated chargers with steel shields its gunna take a long time to kill them.

I don't use plate charger ususally on siege, unless If I am actually raging about losing, thats what I do  basically. I mostly use a destier. Long time ago i did try to use plate armor + plate charger, the upkeep is redicuilous , i lose about 50k in just playing the game for 15 minutes. I never seen anyone use plate charger on siege except myself :)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:15 pm »
You wern't invovled with mod in the days of The Finna and michael were you?
Turtles

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »
the days of The Finna and michael

What is that?

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »
What would happen?

People on horses rushing through, trying to cap flag.....So no.

Btw, why don't you just make a thread with "yes" and "no" instead of these weird useless answers?

What does this suggestion have to do with "remove ranged" or whatever? :rolleyes:

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »
What would happen?

People on horses rushing through, trying to cap flag.....So no.

Btw, why don't you just make a thread with "yes" and "no" instead of these weird useless answers?

What does this suggestion have to do with "remove ranged" or whatever? :rolleyes:

All attackers is always rushing to capture the flag, and they have to stand near the flag area in order to capture it. they could win if there is no defenders, but it is impossible to do so without the help from the infantry nearby.

also don't forget about friendly infantry, if the horseman want to rush, they have to be careful or else they are bumping all the team mate which can get you kick very soon

there are three main class in CRPG, one is infantry, one is ranged , one is cavalry . Currently infantry and ranged are able to capture the flag while horseman cannot
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:52:59 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 04:40:39 pm »
there are three main class in CRPG, one is infantry, one is ranged , one is cavalry . Currently infantry and ranged are able to capture the flag while horseman cannot
RACISM!!! D:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:11 pm »
There is no place for horsemen in sieges as it should be. How would you want to stop a flag capture from horseback? Ride through the enemies and then just sit there under the flag on your horse? You would get killed in seconds anyway. If you charge through them you get in the radius and then immediately leave it again, not stopping the capture.

It is really not an issue. Get of your horse and be useful.

You wern't invovled with mod in the days of The Finna and michael were you?
What is that?
People on plated chargers and plate armour. Just doing laps accross the walls and getting loads of kills through bump damage. Pretty hilarious if I think about it, but back then it felt kinda lame.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »
There is no place for horsemen in sieges as it should be.
/LIE.

Once the gate is open for some maps horses are usefull for the attackers, but if you're a defender all you  can do is spawn-rape.
/FACT.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 06:31:33 pm »
lol asking for another cav buff...

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 10:10:14 pm »
There is no place for horsemen in sieges as it should be. How would you want to stop a flag capture from horseback? Ride through the enemies and then just sit there under the flag on your horse? You would get killed in seconds anyway. If you charge through them you get in the radius and then immediately leave it again, not stopping the capture.

It is really not an issue. Get of your horse and be useful.
People on plated chargers and plate armour. Just doing laps accross the walls and getting loads of kills through bump damage. Pretty hilarious if I think about it, but back then it felt kinda lame.

If you understand the way of medieval, you will notice that there is a thing called Sally forth, Sally forth is where a group of knights charge out together from the keep to charge at the attackers. Knights were very useful on siege during the medieval times and very often they appears as leaders in the siege. I know i can get kill in seconds if i was to stand near the flag, but those few seconds does really helps my team mate because it will give more chance for them to come to rescue before i fell off from my horse. i never seen anyone uses a plate charger on siege, and i doubt they would, don't forget you can also bump your team mates.

/LIE.

Once the gate is open for some maps horses are usefull for the attackers, but if you're a defender all you  can do is spawn-rape.
/FACT.

in my opinion i like to play as horseman on defender team because it suits my play style and i love it. you don't have to open gate everytime to be honest.

lol asking for another cav buff...

cav were pretty sucks on siege , play as one then you understand how hard it is not  to bump team mate and shit