Poll

Should he lose admin powers?

Yes
168 (57.1%)
No
126 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 294

Voting closed: March 01, 2011, 06:20:53 pm

Author Topic: [VOTE] Wookimonsta  (Read 13138 times)

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [VOTE] Wookimonsta
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 05:07:47 am »

Then learn from this.

The other vote was very close, too.

I voted for both of them, to not lose the admin status.

As we both know they were not as good as I am, but they were okay.

I think it would have "saved" Wooki when he just had said/ promised to stop those silly totally random map changes.

Actually you should have told him to stop it a long long time ago.

I think you should change your system a bit.
Longer voting time. Not everyone checks the forum twice a day.
Also, admins should get a warning, and players should get the time and chance to see if things improve or not.

Players who think the admin is okay dont vote at all, forget to vote, whatever.
The haters, however, trolls, ..., make sure to get their friends and their buddies and the friends pets to vote against the admin.
Really? An admin who never warns, and always bans immediately should be warned and not banned immediately? Naw, if you're gonna be a complete ass, you should expect it back. An immediate ban with no warnings fits way to perfectly to make the system any different.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »
Nomination might be done by players but the vote should be done by the orhers admins, like a disciplinary council.

Or this could be just a warning, then if admin continue he should lose admin's power.

Or, and that what i think, just remove the vote and admin abooze section. Let's admins do their job cos as much as players community grows as much griefers grow too.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 12:54:09 pm »
Wookie gone?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is bullshit.
Turtles

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 05:52:22 pm »
I think the prosess up to this poll have showen us some real weakness in this system. And instead of following rules mindlessly, we should adjust the rules to the situations.

I also agree with Xant, just close the admin abooze forum, it obiously dont work.

yeah is sooo obviously not working that CASUALLY

all the admin that ended in a vote are AGAIN CASUALLY all the admin who   used theyr power in unfair and not clear way..

i not see here 95% of the other admin who again CASUALLY not did  mapchanges, strange bans,  or   create rule for justify theyr bans

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 06:01:23 pm »
Is wookie losing admin or this whole forum was a joke ? Nice trolling 10/10

no becouse he is payng something probably they gonna give him back roles.   so if you pay basicly  you are  allowed to be a MORON

strange i read in the main page of crpg that the mod is free and that pay  not give you extra bonus

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 06:05:33 pm »

I think it would have "saved" Wooki when he just had said/ promised to stop those silly totally random map changes.

sure after months of abuse. i not saw him give any chance to anyone to say sorry first than ban or kick from servers. why he should have the chance he never ever gived to anyone?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:08:40 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »
Now if you'd apply that to your admining, the complaints would probably go away.

considering he never ever applyed a rule, but invented his own for justify bans   i find this HILARIOUS

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 06:41:01 pm »
bruce co-co-co-combobreaker
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 06:47:22 pm »
Yeah bruce, d'ya mind? He was right on his way to a quadruple post... =(

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 07:14:45 pm »
Yeah bruce, d'ya mind? He was right on his way to a quadruple post... =(

Fixed!
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 07:28:47 pm »
Speaking from an admin perspective, one major flaw in the system is this:

People who specifically have a problem with a particular admin will ensure that they visit this section often, to make sure they get to vote when the vote comes up. People who don't cause problems, don't have problems with the admins, and generally approve of the admins behavior will likely not even be visiting these sections of the forums.

So asking for a vote in a section like this is very similar to going to a "Lesbians who hate men pep rally" and asking them if they want to vote this polite gentleman in the corner out of the building. You pretty much know the answer before the question is asked.

If you want this voting system to work, chadz, here is what you do:

1.) Set up a script on the web page that allows you(and only you) to insert an admins name to be voted on losing their admin status.
2.) When the time comes for a vote, anyone who logs into their cRPG character page HAS to vote in order to access their character page.
3.) Let voting last 7 days.
4.) Then you end up with a TRUE community consensus.

P.S. I'm one of the people who didn't have a problem with wooki, and so wasn't here when the vote occurred. I didn't even notice the vote thread until he was already voted out.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:32:20 pm by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
I think this "voting" thing you came up with was a terrible idea. Some people just feels like ruin things for everyone else and just vote "yes" even though they might have never seen that admin doing his job wrongfully. I'm so dissapointed. Wooki was a good admin.
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »
well, i have barely ever been on EU servers, I dont know wooki at all. That being said... I think it is safe to say that a large amount of players have an issue with him (as evidenced by the votes). You can argue that those who voted yes are a bunch of trolls who got their friends to vote and so on, and that most players like him just fine and did not vote... it is true that the total number of votes are fairly low; however, if there really are over 100 different people who have enough of an issue with wooki that they dont trust him with admin, and if we assume most people who voted are fairly active... i think that is an overwhelmingly good reason to re-evaluate his position as an admin. i dont think removing his admin is the only possible solution, perhaps the results here is enough of a warning that he will reconsider his admin methods. at any rate... think of it like this... if there was a police officer, and we had a vote of whether or not he was abusing his power... if 20% of people said yes... i would want the higher ups to keep some really good tabs on the guy... if 50% said yes... there would obviously be a problem with the guy (though maybe a problem which could be solved without firing him). also, the other admin who was up for vote did not receive 51% votes despite being voted on at the same time.. that tells me that people are less worried about that admin than this one.

p.s. i didnt vote in either poll as i dont play EU..
p.p.s. heroin, your idea to force everyone to vote is not a good idea. if i were forced to vote in this poll i would have no relevant information to base my vote on... except maybe i could read the thread and see people complaining... and then maybe i would assume they were all legit and not whining, in which case i might vote yes. what might work better would be to have a link to the vote thread on the c-rpg character page, just to make sure people are aware of it.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 10:58:31 pm »
To avoid low user activity (mean low activity of "normal" users) - just need to add those votes to character page.
Or, at least, add info about current polls to character page. Thats all.
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:00 am »
if i were forced to vote in this poll i would have no relevant information to base my vote on... except maybe i could read the thread and see people complaining... and then maybe i would assume they were all legit and not whining, in which case i might vote yes.

This is acceptable, in my opinion. I read the thread prior to the vote happening. I read wooki's "defense" regarding his actions, and honestly, I have doubts as to whether or not my method would have altered the results of the vote. Wooki admitted to doing things that no admin should do(banning people for their opinions/attitudes/beliefs as expressed OUTSIDE of the game itself, thus outside of the "jurisdiction" of a game admin).

The objective of my method was to ensure that every active member of the community HAD to express an opinion, one way or another, based on the information available to them. Some might vote yes without even looking at the thread. Others may vote no without reading it. Either way, everyone would vote, and be made aware that their vote is effecting the community as a whole.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.