Poll

should there be warning text for when you lose xp/gold?

yes
no

Author Topic: xp/gold loss warning?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
Re: xp/gold loss warning?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 01:34:10 am »
Why would you do that? Once the round is over, the equipment screen does pop up anyway in every case. You have to press okay to spawn again, that prevents people who went afk, to spawn again and stand afk at the spawn and leech. You also get a sound you hear when every round is over... So there is no reason to put the equipment screen up while alt-tabbing.

poll-wise -> 100% no.

It's more out of habit than anything, and there wasn't an issue with it before.
boop

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 05:59:11 am »
Why would you do that? Once the round is over, the equipment screen does pop up anyway in every case. You have to press okay to spawn again, that prevents people who went afk, to spawn again and stand afk at the spawn and leech. You also get a sound you hear when every round is over... So there is no reason to put the equipment screen up while alt-tabbing.

poll-wise -> 100% no.
OKAY one more time THERE IS MULTIPLE WAYS OF DOING THIS please note i play my game windowed(not full screen)

1:alt+tab
2:esc key(this is what i chose,i just hit esc then clicked the internet tab)
3:Shift+tab

i chose the 2nd one and that coincidentally is the one that makes it so you do not get ticks WHICH IS WHY I GOT SO MAD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »
well i have recently found out that when you pause or are in the equipment screen you will lose xp/gold ticks while in the menu

personally i am furious due to the fact i pause always when i die

the reason why i pause is because i have my game windowed so whenever i pause the mouse cursor comes up and then i can just go on the internet.

i have easily lost ALL of my dead xp/gold and i never even realized it was happening

so should there be warning text say something like "WARNING YOU WILL NOT GET XP WHILE YOU ARE IN MENU"?

i found out about it here

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25165.0.html

You would never lose EXP or GOLD so what you are saying? You only lose EXP when you respec thats it. Everyone should know that they won't earn any exp if they play the game about 5 days, I know it when i was leeching a long time ago, after the ban i understand the basics and never do it again.  you should go and change the title name of this thread from "xp/gold loss warning?" to Not gaining exp/gold when you are leeching or in equipment page / ESC or something like that because its confusing. :wink:,

poll-wise -> 100% no.

+1 for this.  Indeed if the screen pops up and you still get exp then there will be lots and lots of leechers in the game. And people don't have to fight because they can just gained exp from just staying dead at the equipment menu. Vote for no because this ain't gonna ever happen and this is totally bull-crap

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:28:36 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »
wtf?

you do lose xp ive seen it myself you can try it if you want when you die here is what you do, just hit the ESC key and when your suppose to get ticks you do not. they even say they implemented it

IM NOT LEECHING IM DEAD AS IN I PLAYED THE ROUND AND DIED IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

how is this bullcrap? i do not leech ive stated the problem (there is no warning that you lose xp in esc menu) and you somehow have interpreted it as me whining that i cant leech?wtf

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:00:17 pm by Snoozer »

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 10:12:48 pm »
+1 for this.  Indeed if the screen pops up and you still get exp then there will be lots and lots of leechers in the game. And people don't have to fight because they can just gained exp from just staying dead at the equipment menu. Vote for no because this ain't gonna ever happen and this is totally bull-crap

He's not saying to allow it so he can leech. He's saying to ADD A WARNING TEXT so people don't accidentally do it and not know theyre losing gold.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:54 pm »
So deal with it accordingly, you now have the information you need to empower yourself.

And you're not "losing" XP.   Losing XP implies you were given XP and then it was taken away.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 10:18:09 pm »
So deal with it accordingly, you now have the information you need to empower yourself.

And you're not "losing" XP.   Losing XP implies you were given XP and then it was taken away.

And what about new players or players who don't come to the forums? They would never find out.

So easy to just add a simple warning text and everybody knows....

jeeze you people who vote no are so close-minded....

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:43 pm »
He's not saying to allow it so he can leech. He's saying to ADD A WARNING TEXT so people don't accidentally do it and not know theyre losing gold.
THIS^^^

i understnad it was to prevent leechers but quite a few players do not know it exist a good 15-20 people said they did not know about it so far in the forums and ts's i have been in

and there is no way i will be refunded my xp and gold why would they?

so i simply put up a thread saying there should be something to PREVENT xp/gold loss of players who under normal circumstances should have gotten there xp/gold

YES i did lose it, i should have gotten it was taken away i did the work for it and i did not get it,i was given a tick yet i did not get xp/gold

maybe i should just go to irc they havent even responded to this thread =_=

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »
You should post this in the suggestions thread if you want dev's to properly give it attention.

It would be cool if there was a warning message, sucks for people who instinctively go the equip menu when they alt+tab (even though there's no reason to).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 10:29:25 pm »
i didnt alt tab before i just his esc my game was windowed

and there is one in suggestion i posted on here to get a vote and see how many people would agree

i thought it would be all yes but people believe im a leecher Q_Q

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:07 am »
Son of a bitch.

I always go to the equipment menu when I alt tab so I don't spawn and sit AFK when the next round starts.

FUCK!

You should join spec, by idling a team you also screw up the balance which can be a pain in the ass...

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 10:58:45 am »

Yes this is true, we never lose exp, we are just not gaining any exp if we are i the ESC or on the equipment menu. I know that if i stay on spec or in equipment page i won't earn any exp because it's obvious. Every minute you get 1 tick. So i watch the equipment/ ESC page to see whether or not i am gaining any tick. Only "Dumb" playes will not know they won't gain exp if they are on equipment / ESC page. 

There is no need for such thing as warning because its not very necessary, i find it's actually good to stop noobs gaining exp, so only Pros can get XP because they are smarter than the dumbass :P

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »
You should join spec, by idling a team you also screw up the balance which can be a pain in the ass...
I don't 'idle'.  I alt tab almost every round (in battle of course, not in siege) after I die.  I never knew the equipment screen opened by default, I just knew that if you had it open, you wouldn't spawn.  Knowing this, assuming if it wasn't open that I would spawn and be lance fodder, I opened the equip screen, alt tabbed, then came back after hearing the end-of-round sound.  I might be a couple seconds late, but I usually make it into the round.

Of course now that I know the equip screen opens by default at the end of the round, I just do the same thing, but I don't open the equip screen first.

edit: missed a letter
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:40:31 pm by Xolvern »
boop

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 10:09:13 pm »
There is no need for such thing as warning because its not very necessary, i find it's actually good to stop noobs gaining exp, so only Pros can get XP because they are smarter than the dumbass :P

why are you hating? bro everyone starts off as a noob and im no fucking noob in the first place im damn near gen  9

theres no need to be rude
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:14:25 pm by Snoozer »

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 07:40:45 am »
Only "Dumb" playes will not know they won't gain exp if they are on equipment / ESC page. 

You sir, are an idiot!
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)