Author Topic: Jumping Crossbow  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Jumping Crossbow
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:30:02 pm »
I was shot many times by jumping x-bow men that i thought, its not logical because the bolt would jump out too. Its not possible to jump with loaded xbow (shoot in air).
Sniper X-bows are enough OP and jumpshots oversteps the ballance much more. It doesent matter that accuracy is less during the jump, its simply impossible.
Fix it plz, i agree with an animation of outfalling bolt.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:45:19 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: Jumping Crossbow
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:39:45 pm »
Throwing lances are BS and need to get removed, too, as well as throwing while backpedaling which should randomly impale the thrower on his own spear.

Just to be fair  :D

(otherwise, sure thing)
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 03:56:38 pm »
All jumping actions should be removed. No blocking, no attacking with any type of weapon and no spinning in mid air.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:12:09 am »
Throwing lances are BS and need to get removed, too, as well as throwing while backpedaling which should randomly impale the thrower on his own spear.

Just to be fair  :D

(otherwise, sure thing)

+1000
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:54:50 am »
All jumping actions should be removed. No blocking, no attacking with any type of weapon and no spinning in mid air.

Yeah, that would be sensible. Well, attacking I could dig if it was overhead only, but even lowlevel crpg characters can jump absurdly high... a 12 agi guy with 10kg of gear can jump over a rouncey, tried it out once.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:51 am »

Kind of like Vikingr mod? They made it on there that when you jump, you stop blocking, holding your shield, attack. Everything. It was nice but then people find ways to make it gay. Like going to a spot where you have to jump to get there and then when someone jumps to get to him, he will hit the guy. It's pretty cool but gets annoying. Also this is a +1 for all Horsemen in cRPG :D

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 06:15:09 am »
Yeah it would still be less gay than it is now. Even though one of my fav thing to do is to jump pike someone in the face :D
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Nephenee

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Freelance
  • Game nicks: _iNephenee_
  • IRC nick: Neph
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:57 am »
Nerf this! Nerf that! Nerf EVERYTHING! soon we won't have weapons and armor you'll be fighting with your dicks. its getting to the point where it makes playing this game impossible to play without somebody crying about it. Yes throwing is OP, buy a shield. HA is a pain, go inside. Xbow jump kills? ready? Come on i hate Crush and knockdown weapons like Bar mace but its not such a big deal that i need to post so chadz can save the day. Sorry for my rant just tired of hearing People Raging because they aren't on the top of the scoreboard. if it bothers you so much buy a xbow and do it to the people who do it to you. :mrgreen:  Hit me with your best shot trolls i want a good laugh.:lol:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:55:40 am by Nephenee »

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 11:46:30 am »

Dont ruin my style man!

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 11:57:05 am »
It is looking awesome when jumping Xbow-er just jump to your direction and when end of the bolt is inside your shield (between you and shield)
just pull the trigger.
And... ne voilà pas... and you dead. While you thinking what you are protected by the shield.
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:54 pm »
HA is a pain, go inside.

Yes I would love to go inside on a game with maps THAT HAVE NO INSIDE!!!!!! The only maps that actually have enterable buildings are Village and Port Assault unless you include maps with Ruins which I dont consider "inside" . All the others are outdoor shitty village maps.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 12:43:39 pm »
Yes throwing is OP, buy a shield.

Lmao. You made me laugh so hard. Get a shield? Seriously? Throwers destroy the "get a shield" type of shields instantly.  :)

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 04:31:42 pm »
Nerf this! Nerf that! Nerf EVERYTHING! soon we won't have weapons and armor you'll be fighting with your dicks. its getting to the point where it makes playing this game impossible to play without somebody crying about it. Yes throwing is OP, buy a shield. HA is a pain, go inside. Xbow jump kills? ready? Come on i hate Crush and knockdown weapons like Bar mace but its not such a big deal that i need to post so chadz can save the day. Sorry for my rant just tired of hearing People Raging because they aren't on the top of the scoreboard. if it bothers you so much buy a xbow and do it to the people who do it to you. :mrgreen:  Hit me with your best shot trolls i want a good laugh.:lol:

+1  cookie. A voice of reason shines through, how utterly refreshing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 05:03:50 pm »
I was shot many times by jumping x-bow men that i thought, its not logical because the bolt would jump out too. Its not possible to jump with loaded xbow (shoot in air).
Sniper X-bows are enough OP and jumpshots oversteps the ballance much more. It doesent matter that accuracy is less during the jump, its simply impossible.
Fix it plz, i agree with an animation of outfalling bolt.

Well, if Xbows can do it, why nerf them? Buff archers by allowing them to also jump and shoot while maintaining their already inaccurate reticule instead of having it go to the edges of the screen. Fair is fair. Also, how about the archer reticule staying drawn in for longer than .05 seconds, whether jumping or not.  :o
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 05:36:49 pm »
THE BOLT WOULDNT FLY AWAY WITH IT WHEN U JUMP! ALTHOUGH IT IS RIGHT THAT IT IS UNREALISTIC TO JUMP WITH CHARGED WEAPON OR TO SHOOT WHILE JUMPING! MAKE IT LIKE IN THE VIKINGR MOD, WHEN YOU JUMP YOU CANT USE YOUR WEP, much moar realistic <333
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!