Author Topic: Battle Roster Sizes Idea  (Read 467 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Battle Roster Sizes Idea
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:43:58 pm »
+9
Would it be possible to have a system where you can sign up 20% more people up for your battles than there are places on your roster but only the correct number of people can be spawned at once?  So in the battle there is effectively a queue to spawn and when you die you join the back of the queue.  This means the number of people sawned is alwasy the same, but people can have breaks in the longer battles and factions can use subs.

Other pro's include
- No shows are less of an issue since their are already subs on the roster
- More people can get involved in Strat Battles
- People who die less get more battle time whilst those that waste their lives will spend more time in the queue
- If someone has to leave early - they have a sub to take their place
- People can rotate in large battles

Possible addition
- Commanders can pick upto X people to queue jump where X = 20% of the orster size.  These people will always respawn straight away.  If you want everybody to instantly spawn then just don't pick any extras

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Battle Roster Sizes Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:35:47 pm »
Would require an increased respawn time, but seems nice.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:13:37 am »
Just to add to the whole spawning thing;

If I recall correctly I believe that in the early beta versions of Strat people did in fact spawn in minor intervals (with a max limit on how many could spawn at a time), and there is no denying all the pros of this system. People group up more, run around less randomly and it would solve spawn camping, since you would be forced to capture all the flags given the groups of people spawning.

A couple of new issues would need solving then though:
  • Spawn intervals have to be balanced enough so people can both capture the spawns and aren't rushed down easily
  • The method of clicking F to capture spawns should definitely change
Whereas the the number one issue could turn out to be quite the tough nut to crack.

An idea would perhaps be to have only attackers spawn in intervals when the battle is about a fief, if it's an open field battle both sides spawn in intervals.

I also do like the idea of being able to have substitutes on the battle roster.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:00:04 am by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:55:14 am »
Excellent idea!

+1

An idea I had was "moral".

If the attacking team is getting hammered then their spawn time increases slightly. Instead of spawns every 10 seconds it goes to 12 and so on. The idea isn't to gimp the attackers but as has already been previously mentioned group them together.

But I think commanders would need to be able to Q M O (over ride spawn time) to just drop everybody instantly into the battle. Those people would probably have to be from the extra list, the list of trusted players.

And Nessaj is right about f for flags. It needs something. Perhaps when you knock them down they should take an amount of time to put back up. Maybe flags could worth a % of tickets say 20 flags at 5% per flag. When a flag is down 5% of your tickets are locked and unusable, the flag can be resurrected and the tickets become usable again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:06:41 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(