Author Topic: Unintended Consequences (long)  (Read 3599 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Unintended Consequences (long)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:40 am »
If cav piss you off , take a pike and they will never bother you again.

Most of the people pissed about cav have shitty awareness. In that situation, a pike is more of a hindrance than a help. All it means is cav pay closer attention to you, and if you have shit awareness, it's like asking to be lanced in the back. I recommend the bamboo spear over pike for anti cav anyway, it's 2 slot so you can still run with another main weap, and it's 200 length so as long as you have decent timing and aim for the horse, you won't get outreached.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 06:27:58 am »
Pretty much, when I'm not getting stabbed in the back during melee due to my own carelessness I'm often de-horsing toons with a 90ish length weapon.
And how!

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 09:53:46 am »
Moreover, using a pike won't mean that you won't get kills and will merely serve as support. That's entirely wrong. Pike is great in infantry clashes due to it's immense length. If one should master way of pike, he will be able to provide great support to his team as well as topping scoreboard. I can't remember how much times i saved my teammates from being killed or hit (especially when they were knocked down) by poking those blood-thirsting savages, who got over-excited by the opportunity to land a free hit and thus are quite unable to notice the 3-m stick in my hand as well as judge the distance correctly, right into the face. Pike's great. Yay for a pike.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 05:17:34 pm »
Moreover, using a pike won't mean that you won't get kills and will merely serve as support. That's entirely wrong. Pike is great in infantry clashes due to it's immense length. If one should master way of pike, he will be able to provide great support to his team as well as topping scoreboard. I can't remember how much times i saved my teammates from being killed or hit (especially when they were knocked down) by poking those blood-thirsting savages, who got over-excited by the opportunity to land a free hit and thus are quite unable to notice the 3-m stick in my hand as well as judge the distance correctly, right into the face. Pike's great. Yay for a pike.

Heh, I agree completely. Love hearing people I kill because they decided to ignore me when I've got my pike crying about how gay and broken the pike is.  :lol:
Pike isn't OP, people just don't understand how to deal with it. (i.e. They either ignore me, or decide to rush me and spam. Both very poor ideas.)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2012, 05:27:04 pm »
Heh, I agree completely. Love hearing people I kill because they decided to ignore me when I've got my pike crying about how gay and broken the pike is.  :lol:
Pike isn't OP, people just don't understand how to deal with it. (i.e. They either ignore me, or decide to rush me and spam. Both very poor ideas.)

Rushing and spamming me usually leads to success...  :?

Once someone reached me I am dead. There is no way I can do any harm to him any more, so it's only a matter of time until a block of mine fails... which isn't long...  :(
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:17 pm »
Rushing and spamming me usually leads to success...  :?

Once someone reached me I am dead. There is no way I can do any harm to him any more, so it's only a matter of time until a block of mine fails... which isn't long...  :(

That's why you dont go rambo (that's for crazy 2handers) - quite the opposite, you should always stick around some teammates. They will get off your back the spaming annoying my old friend. And don't let them rush you. Backpedal, be aware of your surroundings and read the battle flow. Don't be too proud to show your back to run away to get some better piking spots instead of being overrun by enemy mass. And never rush into infantry mass (i love jump-poking ppl, and that usually costs 70% of my hp - in case i stay alive - dont jump 5-7 ppl group). Pike's too long for that. Keep yourself on the sides and rear - those are best piking spots. You MUST have some unoccupied space before you (180 degrees would be best) to be able to attack properly. Twist and turn around like Michael Jackson and dance poke ppl. That's fun.

P.S. And blocking helps. Since you won't even try to attack, you will be able to fend off most attacks, backpedal to your friends and poke the f*cker to death together!  :twisted:

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »
Yes, usually I keep it this way, but sometimes it happens everyone around me gets killed within a few seconds, and even if there are only one or two half dead enemies left I am screwed. Currently I have only AGI 15 on lvl 24, but I plan on reachin 21 with 30, which will hopefully help me backpedalling and getting out of the reach of those spammers.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 06:24:33 am »
Bring back ladders, but only for ladderpaulting use.

Thankyou.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 12:15:17 pm »
Pike is shit it isnt viable unless you are weak enough to admit you cant win a one on one fight with a proper weapon so just give up and try to dog already fragile real horseman.

PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 01:17:27 pm »
+1
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »
LOL! Get a pike! has become the new LOL! Learn 2 block noob! Everyone has to have a pike, unless they're on a horse. Because that was always the idea behind cRPG wasn't it: to give us all one less choice than we would get on Native...
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »
In Soviet Russia, glass of cement drinks you!
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 05:44:59 pm »
+1
LOL! Get a pike! has become the new LOL! Learn 2 block noob! Everyone has to have a pike, unless they're on a horse. Because that was always the idea behind cRPG wasn't it: to give us all one less choice than we would get on Native...

As predicted, with the archery nerf cav has become the new hate class.

So, nerf cav?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »
Nerf-rpg has unintended consequences?  It's pretty obvious that you make pikes/long spears go from 2 slots to 3 slots, and then nerf the hell out of archers that you're going to see a huge spike in cavalry. 

I say revert back to the patch before the archery nerf and leave well enough alone.  Nothing was so overpowered or unbalanced that it required a nerf.  Balance team fail.

Maybe focus on fixing strategus and getting new players into it (and maybe getting new players incorporated into crpg, i.e. a message that tells them how to use battalions, and to focus on teamwork).
 - Stolen from Macropussy