• Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
Nerfs
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:10:42 pm »
+1
Hi all.

I'm one of a lot of players that are tired of constant nerfs on every patch. cRPG was a game were everyone can have fun with every class.. Nowadays, you should pray to not be severely nerfed because developesr brilliant ideas. After this patch:

- Archers are overnerfed.
- Horse Archers are more overnerfed.
- Throwing? It's just a joke.

Prepatch, I felt that game was pretty balanced. Players did not understand that the problem was not the "ranged fever", was the balance system that devs don't want to change. That is the problem. We've suggested a lot of times that balance should be a "class balance" priority over "clan balance" because it's not fair to have ten heavy cavalry on one team, while no cavalry on the other. It's not fair to have twenty archers on a team, and a few one on the other. It's absolutely not fair to have a skilled ten clan players against random people chrusing them every round. But devs dont hear because they do what they want without hearing players advices. This is a community mod where it don't appear to be that. So my purpose is suggest dev team to leave players have fun with their builds without overnerfing classes.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Nerfs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:47:38 pm »
I agree that throwing and HA's are in a bad state.

However, I kind of like the archery "nerf". It made mediocre archers less dangerous and good archers WAY more dangerous. I've run into a lot of archers that can consistently headshot and it's a scary thing.  :shock:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 06:06:21 pm »
Hi all.

I'm one of a lot of players that are tired of constant nerfs on every patch. cRPG was a game were everyone can have fun with every class.. Nowadays, you should pray to not be severely nerfed because developesr brilliant ideas. After this patch:

- Archers are overnerfed.

Prepatch, I felt that game was pretty balanced. Players did not understand that the problem was not the "ranged fever", was the balance system that devs don't want to change. That is the problem. We've suggested a lot of times that balance should be a "class balance" priority over "clan balance" because it's not fair to have ten heavy cavalry on one team, while no cavalry on the other. It's not fair to have twenty archers on a team, and a few one on the other. It's absolutely not fair to have a skilled ten clan players against random people chrusing them every round. But devs dont hear because they do what they want without hearing players advices. This is a community mod where it don't appear to be that. So my purpose is suggest dev team to leave players have fun with their builds without overnerfing classes.
You forgot to mention that the arbalest shoots paintballs.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 06:28:57 pm »

However, I kind of like the archery "nerf". It made mediocre archers less dangerous and good archers WAY more dangerous. I've run into a lot of archers that can consistently headshot and it's a scary thing.  :shock:

Longbowers by the way are fucked. It was my previous build. It's a archer build oriented on damage, not on headshots. Prepatch, I killed everyone with a single headshot, tincan or not. So what is the profit for a longbowman? There isn't. I can't deal with archers because 50speed of longbow. I can't deal with infantry because my arrows are like.

So, my build is useless.

You forgot to mention that the arbalest shoots paintballs.

I guess that. But i didn't play a arbalest build long time ago.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:56:52 pm »
Longbowers by the way are fucked. It was my previous build. It's a archer build oriented on damage, not on headshots. Prepatch, I killed everyone with a single headshot, tincan or not. So what is the profit for a longbowman? There isn't. I can't deal with archers because 50speed of longbow. I can't deal with infantry because my arrows are like.

Yeah, the longbow seriously needs some love. Honestly, I thought it needed some adjustments BEFORE the recent changes. It could definitely use some tweaks now.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:30:38 am »
This whole mod was a devs brilliant idea. Maybe you should try for constructive criticism instead of dev bashing.

We have more of these whining bitch threads than we do buff katana threads, and I never thought that would ever happen, but it has.

Calm the fuck down and wait. Its been sad a billion fucking times and should be obvious, this is a work in progress. A lot what gets done is trail and error and some times shit doesn’t work. Just relax and wait for a patch. Or I don’t know help with your mad coding/modeling skills.

You could also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5nE4UqqLk
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 08:20:11 am »
 8-):"Pew Pew?"
##---<3--->> :!:
 :twisted:: "Noooooo, for you see, q_Q."  :lol:
##---<\  @#$@%3    -->> :?:
8-): :cry:
 :twisted:: \mm/

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 11:25:24 am »
in my personal opinion they should help clans out more by making it to where if your not in a  clan or if you dont have there permission to wear their banner you have to wear the "use factions banner" in the lower left in the banner selection

why should clans be punished for being organized?

why should clans have to deal with derps separating them because they want to leech off their success?

should the clans have a right to play with their members?

did you ever think one of the reasons why all the range/cav are on one team is because of that?

if you cant beat them join them is most people logicso they consistantly change their banners to get in the "dominant clan" team at the time

and for these reasons im respectful and do just that wear the factions banner for said reasons

its one of the reasons and i agree wit h you the balance is kind of screwy but to complain about clans i feel is not fair to them after all most good players eventually join clans unless they value their loner independence while alot pubbers are mindless scrubs who mostly troll or on the opposite ends of the pole are either new or just....normal

on a side note ever since i have been doing this (since i left my clan)its like i have been balanced better maybe its due to the fact my banner is no longer a requirement in the game to balance me so it just uses me to fill in the gaps i rather like it
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:39 am »
the longbow is by far not the worst effected, i have been a longbowmen my whole life on c-rpg and i like this new patch, it means that bow like that of the horn are rendered useless against plate. I still 3 shot plate (Sometimes 4) with my MW longbow and sharp bodkins.. It has also made myself try harder which makes the game challenging. Surely people want the game to be challenging to make it fun.......

I agree on the crossbows, btw the throwing knife is OP, does far too much damage.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline _Savein_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm French So What....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »
I agree that some things are getting over nerfed, but you guys gatta lay off on the criticism, They do this for free, and you should be happy.
I'm French... So what Doesn't make me any worse then I already am..

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
- Archers are balanced.

Fixed
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 08:51:47 pm »
I totally agree  with the OP.

But I still do not feel that archers are completely ruined.  They were a little too nerfed.  I personally like that they are not doing as much as an average player with a melee weapon on body shots, it was a little ridiculous being consistently one-shotted in the leg or torso by a really fast archer.  Now they have to hit you in the head  for that kind of damage.  :P

My complaint about the auto-balance system is that it just makes no sense.  What does the "team score" even calculate?  I have had rounds which were flawless victory, I.E. 30 kills, 0 deaths for our team that round, and the opponents actually had more points than we did.  Nobody was autobalanced, repeated the same thing 5 times.  At the end we were even outnumbering them but the team scores were about even.

You can see this in action on the second round of pretty much any battle.  The top scorers will be autobalanced/consolidated on one team because they're flying the same clan banner but were scoring kills on opposite teams.  So the scoreboards on one side will look like 2 kills, 1 kill, 1 kill, 1 kill... other team will be 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2,  1, ... etc.  And yes the trend tends to continue.

Another solution would be to use actual performance instead of.. maybe.. like, gear, or character stats?

I do like the idea of having non-clan players fly non-clan banners at times.  Maybe if  there are X number of clan people on the server with that banner, people revert to a "non-clan" banner so they will be autobalanced independently.  I have seen clan people separated from their own team because they were the only players doing well, unfortunately they usually just spectate until they can get back on their own team, which is another problem entirely.  Ooops, got on the team with half my clan's players, time to spectate.   Pretty soon you have  20 spectators and barely anybody playing :P
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 11:48:57 pm »
i where faction banner it seems like i get positioned better

imo i dont want the to be balance cus if there was there would be 9rounders ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

id rather get my kicks while im on the ground to give them when they are instead
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Legio_vel3n0

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 12:38:52 am »

the easiest way to balance HA is to reduce the difficulty requiered for HA

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:15:30 am »
+2
Archery is balanced. Totally. I as an infantyman wear medium-light armor. High tier bows, even longbows do 1/5th of my health bar. Low tier bows and HA's don't even damage me at all. This is assuming that they can even hit me, because the idiots who use bows can't aim at anything with a recticule he size of a pinpoint that stays on the screen for about 3 seconds. HA, the noobs. Don't even get me started on crossbows. So what if your arb takes 6 seconds to reload and doesn't kill me with a shot to the head with a helm with 30 armor. Like I care. I remember when a shot from a bow took out half my health. It sucked, It's totally unfair, how can they justify killing me at range in 3 shots when I can kill them in one if I get close enough. Honestly, just accept that bows that do damage and live with it. Nobody likes you.

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget