Poll

poles made faster if pole stun is removed?

yes
no
do not remove polestun

Author Topic: polestagger  (Read 12666 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: polestagger
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2012, 07:41:45 pm »
aww come on teeth. you recently specced to polearms. Deep inside you, your still a 2h fanboy. give it time :)

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2012, 11:34:55 pm »
[b
And to the OP, how much have u played c-rpg ? Because it doesnt seem like u rly know what consequences ur buff will have.
2 speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hit wrong button i just did not edit it cus i want people to know my error and understand why people keep bringing it up out of nowhere(i hate it when people change there posts and confuse the whole thread)

and the stats r lame and useless there r other post about this they should be legitimately updated to be more accurate and reliable then this constant arguing about whether or not a pole is faster then a  comparing 2h of teh same stats
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2012, 11:37:14 pm »
on a side note i feel i messed up my vote thing i should have just left it at a yes or no -_-

Offline Endo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:18 am »
How does 'victim_is_not_doing_attack_animation' mean that someone should be hit during one of his attacks by the way. I can't help but read 'not doing attack'.

It's just worded strangely. Strike2 is the normal hit, strike3 is polestagger; so if the victim is attacking and takes more than 15 damage, they are staggered.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2012, 04:04:54 am »
I tried using 2h today, first time in ages and i honestly love how smooth and wonderful their animations are. If polearms loose stagger please do give them 2h animations as compensation because they are amazing. And i still dont get why people are complaining so much about the stagger, I never really notice them much, I'd focus more on fixing hiltslashing so landing a 2nd strike after a stagger wont work with slow polearms.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2012, 09:14:14 am »
?

How would you define "slow" in this case?
Cause statswise they are all pretty much Slow.
Ofc they aren't in Game but still...

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2012, 10:29:47 am »
+1
i don't understand why people want to remove polestagger, i think it's perfectly fine as if someone stab you in your manhood you should be pause for a while. So why not? :P

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2012, 11:36:54 am »
?

How would you define "slow" in this case?
Cause statswise they are all pretty much Slow.
Ofc they aren't in Game but still...

actually i brought that up in the section of arkanors thread in the guide section whre he explained his reach findings

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,25086.0.html

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2012, 12:31:26 pm »
I tried using 2h today, first time in ages and i honestly love how smooth and wonderful their animations are. If polearms loose stagger please do give them 2h animations as compensation because they are amazing. And i still dont get why people are complaining so much about the stagger, I never really notice them much, I'd focus more on fixing hiltslashing so landing a 2nd strike after a stagger wont work with slow polearms.
THIS.
Really guys with all the shit ppl post in this section and in suggestion i was starting to think my brain is gone. Wich Probably is true but still:
You should tnx got there's this stagger, instead of proper animation like 2handers. I bet a lot more Polearmers like me and Gravoth  out there are shocked when they pick up a 2h sword with 1wpf and notice how insanely awesome is the swinging.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2012, 01:42:18 pm »

Ofc u say this when u are a big polearm user, i find the polearms animation pretty damn good aswell. And the fact that u dont notice stagger much is because u might not be on the receiving end as much. Trust me, hitting a guy twice after 20 secs of fight. And then he hits u once and it becomes 2 strikes because u get stunned on the first hit. And that is just bullshit. It shouldent just be fixed on slow polearms, but most polearms.

The other reason that u say, u dont notice it that much, could be because u might want to keep it. Since its one of the biggest advantages a class ever had.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:51:14 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »
Ofc u say this when u are a big polearm user, i find the polearms animation pretty damn good aswell. And the fact that u dont notice stagger much is because u might not be on the receiving end as much. Trust me, hitting a guy twice after 20 secs of fight. And then he hits u once and it becomes 2 strikes because u get stunned on the first hit. And that is just bullshit. It shouldent just be fixed on slow polearms, but most polearms.

The other reason that u say, u dont notice it that much, could be because u might want to keep it. Since its one of the biggest advantages a class ever had.

Well ofcourse i do get stunned once in a while, mostly from arrows which really annoys me more than polestun, but mostly when i get stunned and killed i am in a mass of enemies and is dead meat anyways. But this doesnt happen often because i usually avoid charging alone.
And sometimes i get stunned in a duel and killed because of it but then i mostly blame myself for not blocking the attack.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2012, 04:18:53 pm »
Polearms can have the polestagger removed without any buffing.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2012, 10:43:53 pm »
+1

what? poles fight poles as well so we get stunned too....

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2012, 01:36:45 am »
If polestagger is removed, then:

A) Buff Polearms.

or

B) Give Polearms 2H animations.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2012, 11:30:50 am »
+1
Weapons like the War Spear would definitely need some love. 20 Blunt swings at +3 looms is only made up for by the fact that I can stagger an enemy with it. Lots of weapons like this in polearms would require rebalancing statwise when the stagger is taken out.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.