• Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
Stamina
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:24 am »
I want to see a system like that of The Elder Scrolls, where it takes stamina (fatigue) to do almost everything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

See the stamina bar?
1. Swinging any weapon drains stamina. The weight of the weapon determines how much stamina is drained, so things like the great maul, pike, two handers in general, lances will be nerfed (more or less).
2. Holding up a shield, holding an arrow in the drawn bow, and running, will all drain stamina continuously (if slowly).
3. (Optionally) Horses have stamina that is drained as they run, jump, and when they take damage.
4. The amount of stamina you lose continuously by running is determined by your total weight.
5. When stamina reaches 0, all actions are done more slowly (bow is slower, crossbow is slower, swings are slower, shield raising is slower, lance thrusting is slower, movement is slower). You will need recovery time for your stamina to reach 40%, then you can return to doing actions normally.
6. Lances will require considerably more stamina to thrust than other weapons, regardless of their weight.
7. Agility skill determines your stamina (each point of agility = plus so-and-so amount of stamina).
8. Crossbows drain stamina as you reload them; the "difficulty" will be changed so that you need so-and-so amount of stamina to use this crossbow.
HOW WILL THIS FIX ANYTHING?
Cavalry will be nerfed by having more stamina drained by lance thrusts (but everything else, like pikes, will be nerfed too, so you might not be able to call it a nerf) Great mauls will be nerfed, shields will be less overused, two handers will be nerfed, archery will be more difficult (I say raise archery damage, though), it will add more realism to the game, heavy armor crutchers will be nerfed, light armor will have more practicality, agility will have a purpose on it's own, combat will be more interesting, people can't leech by running forever because they'll get tired, run and gunners will get tired, 100% strength crutchers will be removed, and diversity in troops will be increased.

I wish there was a mod out there that I could find that implemented this, but I can't find one. Please consider this. It would make the game a lot better, I think!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:00:07 am by Jeric »

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
Re: Stamina
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:56:27 am »
no the fun of the game is the fighting i dont want slow sluggish swings

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:57:27 am »
no the fun of the game is the fighting i dont want slow sluggish swings

Balance your strength and agility and it won't happen.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:09:10 am »
It has been suggested a million times (even by myself), but people don't like it in general. It's because they like to swing, swing, swing...

Most popular response is: Get your WoW out of my Warband.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:15:51 am »
No.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:54 am »
No, no, no, no, no. A thousand times no.

Not only would it be a nightmare to balance, (and be a waste of dev time) but it would slow the game down ever more.

No thank you.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:37:32 am »
the game is already slow as it is how many stupid longer then the should be rounds have you had???now imagine that with fatigued players

im a light guy myself and i do not like this idea(kettle helmets,studded leathercoat,rus cav boots & wisbys)

upkeep has most of plate crutchers/archers/cav in check no need to put the final nail in the coffin for them

the flags fix any delayer problems

agi trolls are useless ,cav is okay,i think str trolls r op but any change would make agi trolls not useless and thus every q player will rage about it.

any remotely good duel will now be determined on who will have more stamina seeing how everything they do will be effected by it from attacking/defending to walking thus making skill dare i say useless....USELESS!!!!!!!!!

my builds are fine i dont worry about shit this will make it so any build except agi builds (seeing how they will have more stamina i assume?)are strong thus it wouldnt change anything only flip it to where agi builds r ob and str builds r now useless only good in the hands of skilled players(aka like how it is now polar opposite)
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:53:15 am »
+1
not again :rolleyes:

the forums should auto-detect certain issues, lock the thread and post a standard answerpost to the issue. Like Stamina, repair-remove, xp for kills, can't hit after a block...

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:00:31 am »
i cant even imagine not being able to defend myself after killing 3 dudes only to be struck down by the 4th  because i ran out of stamina.just thinking about it pisses me off lol
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »
That's not how it would work. You would still be able to block, even when "out of breath".
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 03:22:01 am »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(