Author Topic: A startling development (the naked losers event)  (Read 12737 times)

Offline Lagkill

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A startling development (the naked losers event)
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:55:16 am »
+1
I've noticed something as I'm playing on EU_1. It seems as my team keeps losing, the players on it can no longer afford to upkeep their arms and armor, and since we've all been good little doobies and sold off our noob gear most of us are SOL in the short term. Every round more and more of my team spawns naked, and the opposing team still has all their gear. We're stuck in a losing spiral because of it. QQ

Offline Amadeo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: A startling development (the naked losers event)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:05:12 am »
+1
Gear breaks that quickly?

Offline Lagkill

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:07:24 am »
+1
Theres a chance every time you lose. I've noticed that at least one thing breaks every lost round.

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:09:28 am »
+1
Lost a round. 4k repair on Transitional. and then I somehow lost another 4k a little later when I only had leather and a spiked mace on.
Tungsten_ATS

Offline Amadeo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 04:15:44 am »
+1
I'm going to take a break from CRPG for a few days and hope they get this worked out.

I get errors when i hit "C" to set my char, don't show gear/gold half the time, lost half my levels and get kicked at the end of every round. I hoping 90% of this is growing (patch) pains.

Offline Salamol

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 04:23:54 am »
+1
Yes... I'm there too!

I think the repair feature needs some fine tuning.

The gold and xp is earned quicker now, but the cost of weapon upkeep is too much.

Possible solutions... either decrease the repair costs(preferred choice) or increase the amount of gold you receive (constantly making numbers higher is probably not the best choice as you would have to increase all buy prices too.

As it stands there is going to be a middle ground of armor/weapons which allows the player to gain on average as much as he loses.

Offline Lagkill

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:30:11 am »
+1
I think most of the frustration comes from the fact that you have no real control over it. If you're a great player who gets stuck on a crummy team you're doomed to pay for it.

Offline Amadeo

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 04:31:59 am »
+1
Ya, not sure it is ever a good idea to punish players of a game for things outside their control.

At least if it only happened when you died you could be that much more excited when to actually survive =)

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 07:09:53 am »
+1
I equipped my crossbow for one round, naked otherwise. We lost, it broke, and I lost more money then I gained in the last several rounds.

So I'm back to throwing rocks in robes and wondering what the point of this mod is.

Offline rizlan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 07:21:16 am »
+1
thought i'd try my HA and see what archery was like with new patch before i qq'd it.  my horse was too high riding for me to get now with level so i was already grounded....i only wear basic armor on him anyhow (steppe robe type stuff) only good gear is the khergit bow...which promptly became a bent khergit bow after one round.  trying to use bows feels like swimming in molasses now.  yeah things were out of whack somewhat before patch..but at least i had fun.  now i don't know if i'll bother with crpg in the state it's at now.  i had just purchased some stuff before the patch and had very little gold today (1400) and after 2 rounds i'm negative gold.  easier to earn gold eh?  forget that.  back to native for me i guess. :(  i'll miss you old school crpg.

Offline Snapalope

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 09:14:12 am »
+1
This is such an easy thing to foresee I do not understand how the dev team missed it.  I got caught on losing streaks too, and more and more people including me spawned naked.  It took like 1000 gold to repair a barmace WTF is that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 09:33:02 am »
+1
why rant? before it could be seen as if you have to die non-stop till you get enough money to be a tank. now you have to win and to get gold transferred from strategus to keep your equipment in top state. during medieval only about 3% people could afford plate armour and top gear. massive cavalry attack are seen only on movies. so get cheaper gear and use it. if you see that you got into bad team, get with your teammates into heavier gear and try to win.
don't fancy teamwork? too bad - miloš dead  :lol:

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 09:48:03 am »
+1
I'm pretty sure upkeep will be looked at very closely the next days by the devs. Keep in mind that during beta there were 20 people on the server at most. Not everything could be tested perfectly.

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Verney

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 09:58:46 am »
+1
Sad, I was actually enjoying the changes (initially) done by this mod. New changes push the mod off the cliff called fun -- at least for me.

Well... on to something else.

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 10:21:00 am »
+1
why rant? before it could be seen as if you have to die non-stop till you get enough money to be a tank. now you have to win and to get gold transferred from strategus to keep your equipment in top state. during medieval only about 3% people could afford plate armour and top gear. massive cavalry attack are seen only on movies. so get cheaper gear and use it. if you see that you got into bad team, get with your teammates into heavier gear and try to win.
don't fancy teamwork? too bad - miloš dead  :lol:

ffs don't bring that "WELL IN YE OLDE TIMES PPL USED TO BUILD HOUSES FROM MUD AND THROW ROCKS" in this conversation. I got caught with losing team 7 matches in a row last night and the repair bill of my modest, speed-focused gear was almost astronomical.
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK