Author Topic: I enjoyed older versions of crpg  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Mizuk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK
  • Game nicks: GK_Mizuk
Re: I enjoyed older versions of crpg
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:01 pm »
The only thing I don't like is the current gold and exp way of gaining it, I would rather have it some different way and have some sort of rewards for kills aswell.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 04:33:26 pm »
The only thing I don't like is the current gold and exp way of gaining it, I would rather have it some different way and have some sort of rewards for kills aswell.

Basically this. While the current system is more noob friendly for gain, it also encourages each round to last as long as possible, and can lead to people being more concerned with the acquisition of multipliers than having fun. I liked the old system even if it did just lead to blob battles everywhere.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »
+8
Here is a post of mine from a while back. Though I can say I think Devs stopped making large changes for a while now.

Every patch moves CRPG closer to native.

More and more people are the same level
More and more people have closer wpfs
More and more people have similar armor rating
More and more people don't have to work to make it to level 30
More and more people get their heirlooms gimped to the point they are only a slight bonus

Each time we move closer to the day when hard work and dedication mean nothing.
Exactly what I want cRPG to be. Native with a persistent character that I can customize. Leveling is gay.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »
+1
whut? what to say to that?

Just screwing with him :mrgreen:
He tried it like once and mainly to report it.
Big mistake but he never actively used it for prolong times or to actually get an advantage out of it.

Was just weird that he edited out his whole post.
Kinda lame.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 07:43:32 pm »
+2
i enjoyed theo lder versions of crpg because i like polearm overheads through teammates
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »
+1
Some people don't like grinding, looms or high level characters but I think they add much more INTEREST to the game than if they weren't there. 'looms' were actually already in native. They just weren't called that, the were just 'upgraded' versions of gear. I don't want to fight the same BORING builds/levels/weaps over and over until it's memorized in my sleep. I actually enjoy 'boss' battles with uber characters (goretooth comes to mind). It makes the game much more exiting when you know an uber character is on your team or the other team. To people who think all those things give an advantage, well yeah of course but if you want to play something 100% fair we would all just have fist fights with the exact same PS, IF and athletics. Also I haven't seen a player yet that can't be taken down by a gen 1 no heirloom player with a SMART build.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:09:04 pm by Lichen »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 08:08:22 pm »
Some people don't like grinding, looms or high level characters but I think they add much more INTEREST to the game than if they weren't there. 'looms' were actually already in native. They just weren't called that, the were just 'upgraded' versions of gear. I don't want to fight the same BORING builds/levels/weaps over and over until it's memorized in my sleep. I actually enjoy 'boss' battles with uber characters (goretooth comes to mind). To people who think all those things give an advantage, well yeah of course but if you want to play something 100% fair we would all just have fist fights with the exact same PS, IF and athletics. Also I haven't seen a player yet that can't be taken down by a gen 1 no heirloom player with a SMART build.

That's why I think this guy's idea got vote bombed before it was given a rational examination. At least it could be a different game mode.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26288.0.html
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »
Seems to me like we might be moving back toward it. More armour. Protect/destroy archers, etc.

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 02:43:15 am »
cRPG used to be every 4 levels was twice as much total exp to get as the last 4 levels with no cap. (someone 4 levels higher than you had played twice as long as you)
The problem was people got a little TOO high level like level 45.  I think the proper solution would be to slow leveling down to double the play time = 2 more levels after level 30.

The best armor in the game took months to save up for. The problem is everyone with enough time would end up in plate.
I think the proper solution to this is to limit the rate at which each item "spawns" on the Market place and make the price vary inversely proportional to the current supply on the marketplace.
This way it is impossible for more than a small percentage of people to have high end stuff.
Though, kudos to the repair cost idea...i at least think that was at least a decent idea...you dont own your gear you rent it...

And like Rumblood said, I love the idea of Bosses on the battlefield...the rare player that is level 40+ that take so many people to kill.... It spices up the game, and autobalance takes care of the rest.
(I remember seeing autobalance put goretooth and 2 peasants vs 18 people....it was a traditional video game moment...)

PS: goretooth won mainly because people were too scared to fight him, they just made a circle around him and all scattered like fishes each time he got close...if we would have suicide mobbed him we would have won :-(
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 04:03:31 am »
There are still players like that. They are just a little more to the normal level now and not quite as strong as they were back then but they can still be game changing. It's just more skill based than equipment/level based.

When it takes 5 PL guys with Huscarl shields to surround someone like Chase and pen him in so he finally can't keep slaughtering your entire team with a bloody awlpike, then there's evidently still some level of this present.

I admit there were some times when it would take ridiculous organisation just to get Finn of his plated horse, or to corner Pelilu and stop the headshotting, or any number of heavy platers...but there are still players in crpg today who can have a devastating affect on the battlefield and I actually hate to see on the opposite team to me because it generally means you'll lose. I think it just gives pubbys a little bit more of a chance to even the score though. Whereas before if one team got a couple of heavy platers with high level and moderate skill you were near enough destined to lose if you didn't have the same.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:04:36 am by Overdriven »

Offline Louise_de_La_Valliere

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Void Mage
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Louise_de_La_Valliere_BRD, Cavalieres_Blend(Alt)
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
Let's come back to the Archers paradise :D
I GIVE YOU *EXPLOSION* WHEN YOU CALLED ME ZERO.
LIKE THIS!!

OOPS!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 286
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2012, 02:32:17 pm »
There are still players like that. They are just a little more to the normal level now and not quite as strong as they were back then but they can still be game changing. It's just more skill based than equipment/level based.

When it takes 5 PL guys with Huscarl shields to surround someone like Chase and pen him in so he finally can't keep slaughtering your entire team with a bloody awlpike, then there's evidently still some level of this present.

I admit there were some times when it would take ridiculous organisation just to get Finn of his plated horse, or to corner Pelilu and stop the headshotting, or any number of heavy platers...but there are still players in crpg today who can have a devastating affect on the battlefield and I actually hate to see on the opposite team to me because it generally means you'll lose. I think it just gives pubbys a little bit more of a chance to even the score though. Whereas before if one team got a couple of heavy platers with high level and moderate skill you were near enough destined to lose if you didn't have the same.

Thank god for pikes and Huscalr shields. If those five people had swords they would never kill Chase :lol:

Chase is killing people because he's simply that much better than them, same for every other player of his skill level. The_Finn was lamer who sucked so bad, his only strength was his gear and high level. When that went away he stopped playing.

Before this pike fest even I could easily win against four or five average opponents. Right now all it takes are two noobs, one of them with pike and your life becomes hell (paulstaggered to death). Pikes aren't epic dueling weapons but sure are one of the easiest weapons to kill someone in battle.

Also, Chase is rarely higher level than 31. He respec so often, most of the time you see him he's 29-30 level :wink:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:34:33 pm by Leshma »

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »
Soon we will call this mod C-Native.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2012, 07:07:15 pm »
Yep. I would like to have variable methods to get xp/gold. Could be a combination of the old way of getting xp/gold when you stick together but maybe also if you aren't together with teamates your xp/gold method switches to kill based only. This could be with the current team multiplier system as well (xp/gold would need to be adjusted lower) Something to make many kinds of players happy.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:07 pm »
FTFY.

Yeah, we can play native then...
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."