Author Topic: [EU] Ujin  (Read 8706 times)

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
Re: Request to remove Ujin`s admin rights.
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 12:03:48 am »
Oh, it was you.

I did see beer die by teammate at spawn when I checked the chat afterwards. Didn't see the situation myself so I just warned the server when I got killed. Revoking admin rights from Ujin seems silly. He might well have just not been reading chat, since he did not respond to me in admin chat either.

I wrote on caps on both chats (admin & server) regarding the tk,you have to be blind to ignore that,and even if he had muted the chat, he can still read messages from admin chat.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 12:05:17 am »
Unless he's alt+tabbed or fighting or watching tv or eating, etc. All of those are pretty standard for me.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1559
  • Infamy: 1327
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 03:01:46 am »
Heh...

This is exactly why I'm complaining all the time. It's not just Ujin, most of admins forget to act on time. I know they are players too, but if they don't want to do their job give it to someone else (like Nuffen) who is willing to sacrifice good portion of his playtime in order to keep servers nice and clean.

Please change the rules:

1) Random poll - 1 hour ban without warning (put basic rules in server welcoming message)
2) Teamhit on spawn - 1 hour ban without warning
3) Teamkill on spawn - 8 hours ban without warning
4) Intentional full speed team bump (if you see it) -1 hour ban without warning
5) Obvious leeching - day ban with one warning
6) Few teamkills in a row - 2 day ban without warning
7) Inappropriate chat messages - extreme rudeness, racism (even for the lulz) (1 hour ban with two warnings)
8) Voice command spam - 1 hour mute without warning

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 03:13:55 am »
so khorin was on the server too, but you only want ujins rights removed?
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 03:32:40 am »
+1

Let's compromise. Every admin who were in the server at that time gets admin removed.
That's fair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 03:48:46 am »
Extreme punishment... There is no way in hell that this will be carried out. I will put money on that. (Not enough to make it worthwhile for removing his rights though! ;))

There is a plethora of other things an admin could be doing during these times, as Khorin stated just a few. It might be our job to look over the server, but you can't do it 100% of the time, not even Nuffen could. He used to have a laugh on teamspeak, same as the rest of us.
Quoting from a player - "Kill Tenne early in a round and you start seeing an increase in pink text" - and I'm pretty sure that will be the same for every other admin as well, we can see more, we can get the full picture and we don't have to worry about being stabbed in the back.

Without meaning to add an issue or to debunk what you said and screenshotted Panos, you seem to be teamkilled at spawn an awful lot. Maybe you're just reporting more often than other players would... It seems likely.
Naturally, as this has been recently done, the logs are not currently up for us admins to look through, maybe if Meow has the time and inclination, he'll throw them up early for us! Until that point, we can't see the full extent of what was done, and as of me typing this, Ujin hasn't replied so I am not writing from knowing his side of the story.

With all due respect Panos, I am in no position to give an "official statement", although it is wrong for an admin to favour one player over another, and we don't tolerate someone intentionally and maliciously ruin game time for others, but we can't see it all the time. Following with the "favour to players", we're not machines and we will trust peoples word, side with someone based on ours, or a colleague's past experiences and with our own methods.

Calling for the removal of admin rights because someone didn't respond for any number of reasons, it doesn't quite ring true to rationality. Post a ban request with those screenshots and everything else, chances are, an admin will look into it and you'll get your "justice" or not as the case may be.

This is exactly why I'm complaining all the time. It's not just Ujin, most of admins forget to act on time. I know they are players too, but if they don't want to do their job give it to someone else (like Nuffen) who is willing to sacrifice good portion of his playtime in order to keep servers nice and clean.

*Suggested Rules*

"Forget to act on time" - Might not have seen the incident/Not enough evidence to to make an informed decision/Does it warrant action or not/Was it provoked - A couple of question/reasons there. We won't forget to act, if we don't act, it's probably because some of those criteria have gone against what you want.

"If they don't want to do their job" - Pay me and I'll sit in spectate for 3 hours a day watching and waiting. On a serious note though, as I say constantly while at work "it's not a want, it's a need", if it needs doing, it gets done, whether or not you want to do it. If an admin sees something, they act accordingly, they won't just shrug it off, they might finish what they were doing first, such as fighting.

Aiming at the suggested rules now - From what I understand, it's a wonderful idea, but it's impractical. There will be plenty of times that someone will break the rules, they'll have done something the same as someone else, and get a longer or shorter ban time. Why? Probably because the admin has a different scenario on their hands, maybe the offender is a repeat offender or maybe it was of a higher severity. Too many variables to give a rigid set of rules to cover. (Not just those two before some smart-arse says anything)
Ban Time Guidelines? I wouldn't be against them, but they certainly shouldn't be rules.

As a final note, I know what I am saying may not apply to everyone who admins, but I'm sure that they have a similar approach. Mistakes happen, and that's that, by all means complain just as I would, but we can't be everywhere, we can't see everything and we can't do everything, all the time.
I hope this has given a reasonable view for those who bothered to read without cutting the context up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:17:42 am by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 04:18:32 am »

Chase, Ujin was on my team,he was near the spawn when the incident happened,also I noticed Khorin much  later and I asked him if he`s an admin and he told me yes,so I asked him if he received the messages and he sais yes but he didnt reply because I was talking to Ujin,which I did,also when the next map started Khorin actually kicked the turk who did the poll abuze,Khorin not Ujin but Khorin,who also warned about tk`s and poll abuzes.  :wink:

Tenne,I know, I`m infamous and that I`ve been banned plenty of times, but as I said before I try to change that.I realized that I just want to play the mod with my croatian e-friends and nothing more.I  got my lesson even if it cost me to be away from the mod for almost half a year.

Now regarding to my reports,I know I have made a lot of ban request but you`ll have to understand that it is annoying almost every round to receive some kind of abuze,either teamhit or tk,I don`t have any problem with trolling but when it comes to actions that ruin my gameplay. I have to defend myself  somehow, and as I already told you, I try to go by the rules,that`s why I report everyone who won`t let me play the game..
I don`t try to frame anyone neither I like getting people banned,I`ve been banned myself and I know how it feels not to be able to play an addictive game-mod like c-rpg..

Tenne we both know that I`m the least favored player by the admins,for example,some days ago Ironlake banned me for a whole week because I called Rhygar "chocolate chip cookie",Don`t you think it was a bit harsh??Ok,I know that Germans hate being called chocolate chip cookie`s because they are ashamed,but 7 days ???  :?
Also I take a lot of shit regarding Greece`s economical situation,not only by players but from admins and dev`s aswell,I`ve never complaint because I know that this is "the Internet" and people try to troll me so I act cool and I just troll with them..

When I told  Ujin about  the tk he was active, because I could spectate him,also I send him 2 pm`s in Admin chat with Caps lock (rage  :mrgreen: ) and when he died I send him 2 pm`s on Team chat and another 2 on public chat.Funny thing is that he had his chat unmuted because he actually apologized to someone,but even if he had it muted,when you see no public chat text and someone sends you 2 messages with caps locks on admin chat ,you just can`t miss them,you just IGNORE them,as he did and I believe that it is a bit ironic that the same guy who blamed nuffen of being an abuzive and a bad admin doing the same thing here.

You know this is not the first time that Ujin ignores my pm`s,if you check earlier logs (same day) around mid day you will also see that again someone else TK`S me right at the spawn but Ujin is acting like everything is fine.

I know that admining a server is really hard and I respect you for doing that without any money or anything else,but as you said it is unjustice for a player to receive different treatment from the admins..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:20:11 am by Lord_Panos »
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 05:16:01 am »
Tenne,I know, I`m infamous and that I`ve been banned plenty of times, but as I said before I try to change that.I realized that I just want to play the mod with my croatian e-friends and nothing more.I  got my lesson even if it cost me to be away from the mod for almost half a year.

Now regarding to my reports,I know I have made a lot of ban request but you`ll have to understand that it is annoying almost every round to receive some kind of abuze,either teamhit or tk,I don`t have any problem with trolling but when it comes to actions that ruin my gameplay. I have to defend myself  somehow, and as I already told you, I try to go by the rules,that`s why I report everyone who won`t let me play the game..
I don`t try to frame anyone neither I like getting people banned,I`ve been banned myself and I know how it feels not to be able to play an addictive game-mod like c-rpg..

Tenne we both know that I`m the least favored player by the admins,for example,some days ago Ironlake banned me for a whole week because I called Rhygar "chocolate chip cookie",Don`t you think it was a bit harsh??Ok,I know that Germans hate being called chocolate chip cookie`s because they are ashamed,but 7 days ???  :?
Also I take a lot of shit regarding Greece`s economical situation,not only by players but from admins and dev`s aswell,I`ve never complaint because I know that this is "the Internet" and people try to troll me so I act cool and I just troll with them..

"Tenne we both know that I'm the least favoured player by the admins..." - Well you might be shocked but there are people out there that I favour less than you! D: (It won't change my judgement, it just makes me more careful! :))

"Also I take a lot of shit regarding Greece's economical sitation" - Unless you're in charge of Greece's economy, it's just a light jab at a situation, slowly becoming a stereotype, similarly, posh, tea sipping, yellow teeth arrogant Brits, and you know you take it light heartedly, and others do too.

"7 day ban" - Probably because it's highly offencive and will 99% of the time be taken in a bad way by a German. Better to avoid the situation completely to be safe. =)

"Tenne, I know I am infamous..." - Well yes you are, but you have appeared to change your attitude quite effectively, nice facade if I may say so! ;)
Also, as I said "Maybe you're just reporting more often than other players would... It seems likely." - Trying to win back some reputation in your bid to "rehabilitate" as it were. Kudos for outwardly making an effort to change your ways in that regard.

(I only addressed things pointed to me, I don't think there is any other "explanation" I can give to the rest of it.)

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 05:17:33 am »
I'd really like to hear Ujin's version since OP blatantly lied at least once in a previous ban requests he made.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 10:36:44 am »
"Tenne we both know that I'm the least favoured player by the admins..." - Well you might be shocked but there are people out there that I favour less than you! D:

Me :?:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 10:40:54 am »
Requesting to remove Ujin's admin rights because he missed one TK?  :|

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 10:53:32 am »
I'd really like to hear Ujin's version since OP blatantly lied at least once in a previous ban requests he made.

Yeap,It is my dream to get people banned,I`m having a boner each time someone gets banned..

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 11:26:41 am »
I don't really think i need to give excuses in this matter, but if you insist :

1. if it was in the evening - i was talking to Zimke on skype and thus barely paying attention to the game at that moment.

2. if it was late night (past midnight for me) - i just came home after a tough day and a rough tennis match and logged in to play for 30-40 minutes while talking nonsense with clanmates on TS , basically my way of ending the day and preparing to go to bed. To make it short , my attention span was very low last night.And yeah, i do alt-tab occasionally.

3. If i'm not  near the spawn and i don't see the TK with my own eyes i usually don't ban the person straight away, i prefer to warn him and suggest that the victim makes a ban thread on the forum. This has nothing to do with the matter discussed though , for the reasons stated above.

Now , you might think that the world spins around your orbit Panos and i ignored you because i hate you/love you/want you children/whatever, but the simple truth is that i , like other people, get tired or distracted and  can't see everything. If you wish my admin rights removed for these reasons, it's your right.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 11:54:53 am »
I don't really think i need to give excuses in this matter, but if you insist :

1. if it was in the evening - i was talking to Zimke on skype and thus barely paying attention to the game at that moment.

2. if it was late night (past midnight for me) - i just came home after a tough day and a rough tennis match and logged in to play for 30-40 minutes while talking nonsense with clanmates on TS , basically my way of ending the day and preparing to go to bed. To make it short , my attention span was very low last night.And yeah, i do alt-tab occasionally.

3. If i'm not  near the spawn and i don't see the TK with my own eyes i usually don't ban the person straight away, i prefer to warn him and suggest that the victim makes a ban thread on the forum. This has nothing to do with the matter discussed though , for the reasons stated above.

Now , you might think that the world spins around your orbit beer and i ignored you because i hate you/love you/want you children/whatever, but the simple truth is that i , like other people, get tired or distracted and  can't see everything. If you wish my admin rights removed for these reasons, it's your right.

I like it when people pay attention to me through the internet you know??It makes me feel important and I like being the center of attention.From time to time I walk around Athens naked because I want people to notice me ,I`m an attention whore,and what  annoyed me the most is that you did not reply to my messages ,you kept ignoring me even when I send you pm`s @ the team chat as soon as you died.

When a players tk`s another player at 6:50, It is intentional , it is plain logic mate and I know that you are a human, I never questioned that, but yes I want you to have your admin rights revoked because you completly ignored 2 tk`s and 1 poll abuze which all three happened in front of your eyes,and you completly ignored all my chat messages.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:43 pm »

I like it when people pay attention to me through the internet you know??It makes me feel important and I like being the center of attention.From time to time I walk around Athens naked because I want people to notice me ,I`m an attention whore,and what  annoyed me the most is that you did not reply to my messages ,you kept ignoring me even when I send you pm`s @ the team chat as soon as you died.

When a players tk`s another player at 6:50, It is intentional , it is plain logic mate and I know that you are a human, I never questioned that, but yes I want you to have your admin rights revoked because you completly ignored 2 tk`s and 1 poll abuze which all three happened in front of your eyes,and you completly ignored all my chat messages.
I might be wrong but i think i "ignored" (if you insist to use this term and fail to see the differene between "ignored' and "missed') only the tks, but not the poll abuse, as far as i remember after the poll started both me and Khorin almost simultaneously asked the initiator to state the reason for the poll. Seconds later Khorin banned him for 1h ,which was lucky for the guy because i was actually about to give him a couple of days (my usual punishment for serious poll abusing).

So let me get this straight - if i banned him for the poll abuse instead, you would've suggested that Khorin should get his rights removed ?