Author Topic: [WIP] Battle/Siege Map  (Read 655 times)

Offline Professor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elton_Yawn
[WIP] Battle/Siege Map
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:51:44 am »
Here's a few pictures of a map I've put together over the past 16 hours or so. It was intended to be a Battle map, but due to the presence of a couple of choke points I figured it would be better suited for Siege. Just looking for some general feedback. I'm not too sure how to code everything, including the start points and such, so I might hand that off to someone later for fine-tuning.

Some things still remain to be done. I'd like to add a bit more scenery and flavour to the map. Trying to keep the tree count low because it kills everyone's framerate. I might remove the single tree because without it I'm staying at 40+ FPS with an outdated machine.

Anyways, guys, let me know what you think!

(7 photos within)
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:53:34 am by Professor »

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Battle/Siege Map
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:22:22 am »
I assume you will be filling in the outside with water and some sort of ground for the inside. My one concern is how the attackers will access the castle? With water on the outside, can they only enter through that one ramp by the boat? That would be a fish in the barrel slaughter. They would also be easy pickings when they spawn on the boat, being so close to the castle walls.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Professor

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elton_Yawn
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:19:28 am »
The castle is, indeed, intended to be floating. I am envisioning defender spawns to the middle/back of the castle, to give attackers time to run in. I've timed it, and determined that the real action starts at the two side staircases. I might have to alter the map somewhat to allow players to throw siege ladders against the outside wall if balance is an issue.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 04:56:13 pm »
Hehe, a floating castle sounds like fun. Although I'm not sure how the hardcore medieval fans will receive this more fantastical approach :).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?