Author Topic: Give us free respec  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Give us free respec
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 07:55:27 pm »
+1
I'm not talking about that kind of free respec. I'm asking for global free respec because 40% of people got heavily nerfed by last patch. It's a one time thing, just like the previous time.

It's not a feature, it's a gift from gods of crpg (chadz, cmpx).

Edit: About cav nerf...

First thing, you guys are only 20% of the community. Second, even though that nerf was kinda shocking, you adapted pretty fast and basically didn't lose much. You were and will always be the strongest class in this game, no doubt about that.

Ranged folks will have hard time adapting to this change and truth to be told most of them never were game changers like cavs are.

If cav adapted "pretty fast" I don't see any reason for others not to do exactly the same.

i am not sure about a character respec, but i am all for a loom respec.

And if you argue, yeah but the market system will take care ... bullshit. There are like 100 Awlpikes to be sold and nearly equally as many warspears are wanted. Those who have already a loomed warspear will most likely not sell it and whoever now takes Awlpikes is just a gambler who hopes about a change in Awlpikes.

So basicly people sit on their now crapy Awlpike, which they don't want to use anymore.
And i bet there are other weapons with the same problems, perhaps not even from the latest patches but those over the last months.

I completely agree. The market is, like it's name should point out, a market. If information was complete (and we aren't so far from that), then we would sell and buy heirlooms for their exact value. And nerfs change that value. With or without the marketplace, a nerf still means your weapon is worth less. It only translates into a lesser price on the market.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 1047
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »
If cav adapted "pretty fast" I don't see any reason for others not to do exactly the same.

Cavalry were pretty damn strong before that nerf. Ranged were strong but mainly in groups and they had unfair advantage over others (roof camping). Single pro archer could kill a lot but that wasn't even near to what pro cav can do. And for cavalry you don't have to be pro, you just need to hunt unaware people.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 09:10:45 pm »
+1
There have been buffs and nerfs all throughout the history of crpg, but none like this...either for cav, inf, or ranged.

Imagine you are a cav, or an inf...and you damage is instantly reduced to -33%, except headshots...and the other classes were left as is.    For real, imagine it!  I play cav and inf, and it would completely change the game for me.  I'd have to be a "head hunter" and I'll probably play Rageball only or just quit.  It would not be fun!

That's what ranged players are dealing with.  It's a totally undeserved and unprecedented nerf.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012, 09:27:30 pm »
There have been buffs and nerfs all throughout the history of crpg, but none like this...either for cav, inf, or ranged.

Imagine you are a cav, or an inf...and you damage is instantly reduced to -33%, except headshots...and the other classes were left as is.    For real, imagine it!  I play cav and inf, and it would completely change the game for me.  I'd have to be a "head hunter" and I'll probably play Rageball only or just quit.  It would not be fun!

That's what ranged players are dealing with.  It's a totally undeserved and unprecedented nerf.

I'd just hit people one more time
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »

Then I would probably make all the possible efforts and learn to aim for the head constantly. It isn't that difficult in melee, especially with a 1h.

Cavalry were pretty damn strong before that nerf. Ranged were strong but mainly in groups and they had unfair advantage over others (roof camping). Single pro archer could kill a lot but that wasn't even near to what pro cav can do. And for cavalry you don't have to be pro, you just need to hunt unaware people.

For cav, part of being pro is that, hunting unaware people. Since cav is more heavy than other classes in autobalance due to high equipment value, we have to do more killing than footmen to be equally effective for our team. And I'm not even counting the fact that out of all the people cavalry kills, there are way more noob victims than actually valuable players, because those have developped their awareness. This isn't the case for infantry, and even less for ranged (ever noticed how many good players go on rampage then die to ranged ?). Cav don't choose their kills, they go for the opportunities.

Furthermore, there's a reason why the pro cav end up with average 4/1 ratioes and bad ones with average 1/2 or worse, and it is the same for all the classes : skill. However, cav skill isn't comparable to melee skill or ranged skill. Cav is mainly about timing/anticipation, planning, game reading and awareness. If your definition of skill is limited to twitch reflexes or accuracy, then cav is not very skillful.

It is weirdly a much "slower" type of gameplay because events happen without being really connected with each other. During a match, a good cav will interact with a much greater part of the enemy team than any other player, but all these interactions will be extremely short and completely unrelated (although probably very intense, resulting in the death of one player in case he fails). Unlike a melee fight where everything is a consequence of earlier events. The main difference is that due to the speed of the horse (and the horseback attacks) and the lack of maneuver, you need a lot of time to correct your errors, so when you take a decision, you must anticipate everything that will happen in a rather large time window after the moment you took that decision, because you'll have no way of changing it.

Different skillset, that is all, none is really superior to any other IMO. If melee fighters all had the same weapon, couldn't block and had to start their attack nearly one second before the impact, those with the best timing would dominate and would indeed be the most skilled.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1988
  • Infamy: 2509
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 10:07:21 pm »
Furthermore, there's a reason why the pro cav end up with average 4/1 ratioes and bad ones with average 1/2 or worse, and it is the same for all the classes : skill.

These days, pro cav end up with 10:1 and bad ones usually have 2:1 or higher k/d...

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 11:53:31 pm »
+1
These days, pro cav end up with 10:1 and bad ones usually have 2:1 or higher k/d...

Unless they die due to another cav getting in their way lol

Just tried playing on EU_1 with 110 players, that wasn't great. Mostly due to lags and the amount of other cav. It's ok when we don't attack simultaneously but otherwise it often ends up badly. Also, sneaking behind the enemy lines is a lot harder than before due to many enemy cav guarding their team blob. Evading cav vs cav encounters is generally harder too, which sorts of make things a little bit easier for inf I guess.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:23 am »
We got it once because there was a complete overhaul of skill requirements and essentially the entire mod, if I recall correctly.

They've made some pretty serious changes in the last year in regards to requirements (for equipment, not skills).  They should probably have given free respecs then too. 

I don't see the benefit of free respecs.  I like that you have to plan out your build, and if you fuck up, you deal with it, or respec.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:23 am »
They've made some pretty serious changes in the last year in regards to requirements (for equipment, not skills).  They should probably have given free respecs then too. 

I don't see the benefit of free respecs.  I like that you have to plan out your build, and if you fuck up, you deal with it, or respec.
this or make an option that you can get a no XP cost respec but you have to pay money(lets say 200k? people at level 33 or 34 should have that)

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:44 am »
I´d rather have an option to salvage my heirlooms for 150-200k gold for each x3 heirloom.
If you got stuff really nobody wants to buy/trade you finally would have an option that´s not as good as
market but at least an option.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2012, 04:35:51 pm »
I´d rather have an option to salvage my heirlooms for 150-200k gold for each x3 heirloom.
If you got stuff really nobody wants to buy/trade you finally would have an option that´s not as good as
market but at least an option.

I bet if you put said +3-item on the market right now, regardless of what it is, for 600k its gone faster than you can say "shmuzzlefucks".

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »
+1
Yep, cav situation is really getting out of hand (unsurprisingly)

Did people have some wet dreams about playing a backstabbing lancer or what? Or did all the arcchers just respec?

This was the most extreme case I found today, looking at the top ten players on the killboard: (Code: Green = cav Red = Not cav Yellow = unsure)

(click to show/hide)

Unsurprisingly as said, but they really need to take a look at the situation imho.

But as always: Rather cav than archers.

EDIT: Yes I know the scoreboard doesn't tell eveything, but when the top 10 cav on one team amass like 200 kills then they are making a stellar impact.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:18:11 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »
Dezilagel, Noobishy_Nooby_Noob is cav too. Shitty 5 ps 5 riding cav with regular rouncey at level 27 to be exact. :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 05:41:26 pm »
Dammit Dezilagel! I was two positions away from being red right there.

It's not so much the abundance of cavalry that worries me, but rather the lack of infantry / archer centric maps. I don't know it's name, but one of them has it all - a large town with high walls on all sides right in the middle of a desert, that one there is always a blast and good fun for all classes I'm sure.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 05:49:58 pm »
No.
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ