Author Topic: throwing is broken  (Read 22692 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: throwing is broken
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2012, 07:53:08 am »
QQ moar. The hitbox is extremely easy to hit. Wardarts are not exactly designed to do anything else than annoying and stunning people.

Talk out your ass moar. I'm not a thrower, that's not my war dart. Head shots on unarmored horses very often don't kill the horse even with speed bonus on a full speed charge with MW Horn with MW Bodkins and PD 6. The SAME head shot placement on an ARMORED horse 1 shots it every time.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »
Talk out your ass moar. I'm not a thrower, that's not my war dart. Head shots on unarmored horses very often don't kill the horse even with speed bonus on a full speed charge with MW Horn with MW Bodkins and PD 6. The SAME head shot placement on an ARMORED horse 1 shots it every time.

QQ moar. The hitbox is extremely easy to hit. Wardarts are not exactly designed to do anything else than annoying and stunning people.

I oneshot a full health charger today with my heavy throwing axe. I bet the rider wasn't too pleased... When the horseman charges right at you the head is ridicilously EASY to hit. I've done this shit with arbalest too. Sometimes the horse just doesn't die, and you die. Just deal with it. Shoot the rider instead if it is so hard.

Btw how many times have you seen a dude with throwing axe in his head even if the guy doesn't have a helmet? hmm? I'd bet several dozen of times. The character head hitboxes aren't perfect either and everyone should be aware of this by now...
(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:45 pm »
+1
Odin is right. I use a Head Cloth for my helmet and I had a throwing axe hang out and only lost 1/3rd health.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »
My horse is like paper we obvisouly need to buff Arabian since the courser in that screenie is obvisouly way better than the Arabian for less upkeep. And mayb buff long voulge
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:13 pm »
I oneshot a full health charger today with my heavy throwing axe.

Shocking that a weapon with an edge 20 times the size of a point based weapon would find the pea brain  :rolleyes: I bet you are impressed when a flamberge hits a body when a dart goes under the armpit was well  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »
Throwers do alot of damage to horses, but there is nothing you can do it aim a throwing weapon its just luck where it ends up hitting so its not hard to avoid getting hit by a throwing weapon. At the same time if your cav a thrower is the last person you would want to attack, they do tons of damage, can easily hit you if you charge them, and they usually don't kill very many people and therefore they contribute very little to their team so your not helping your team as much as you could by wasting time killing someone whose a step above a peasant in terms of value. I dont know if they are ment for hybrids, thrower hybrids are gimp in melee and gimp in throwing. I think its something that's just for fun or something for people who aren't good enough to do anything else.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:24:05 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »
There is nothing you can do it aim a throwing weapon.
Which one of the following things are right?
You suck at throwing insanely.
You've never actually tried throwing.
Or you're intentionally lying.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:37 pm »
Which one of the following things are right?
You suck at throwing insanely.
You've never actually tried throwing.
Or you're intentionally lying.

I doubt you could hit a target 15-20 yards away even 5 out of 10 tries. With a bow you could easily hit it 10 out of 10 times, because there is actual aiming involved with a bow, a throwing weapon is completely random.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2012, 09:16:14 pm »
I doubt you could hit a target 15-20 yards away even 5 out of 10 tries.

That's the definition of "accurate". Didn't you know?  :P

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2012, 12:21:14 am »
Shocking that a weapon with an edge 20 times the size of a point based weapon would find the pea brain  :rolleyes: I bet you are impressed when a flamberge hits a body when a dart goes under the armpit was well  :lol:

It's shocking that I have to keep quoting myself to you.
I've done this shit with arbalest too. Sometimes the horse just doesn't die, and you die. Just deal with it. Shoot the rider instead if it is so hard.

Btw how many times have you seen a dude with throwing axe in his head even if the guy doesn't have a helmet? hmm? I'd bet several dozen of times. The character head hitboxes aren't perfect either and everyone should be aware of this by now...

Dunno how the throwing axe blade affects the hitboxes etc... Well your suggestion (I assume because you said you dont QQ) to solve this great wronging is? Making the shitbox larger?

Btw Lemmy do you realize how long your sentences are?

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2012, 01:29:37 am »
Odin you don't need periods when you've got commas.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2012, 01:40:19 am »
Odin you don't need periods when you've got commas.
Oh is that so? I never knew ^^

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2012, 06:01:32 am »
I doubt you could hit a target 15-20 yards away even 5 out of 10 tries. With a bow you could easily hit it 10 out of 10 times, because there is actual aiming involved with a bow, a throwing weapon is completely random.
lol, you really, REALLY, don't know shit....
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2012, 09:26:14 am »
+1
No need to be harsh here. Throwing really seems useless at the beginning. Discovering it's magic, is something comes when you're more experienced with them.
And lemmy, are you still a one handed cav? I think the issue here is, there are not much good throwers to piss you off. Because, [throwing=lesser accuracy+bigger damage]. In which the accuracy part is not that important for horses, just because they are bigger. Which makes throwing, a counter to cavalry. Yes. I believe the reason you did not get pissed off by throwing is, the lack of good throwers in quantity.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2012, 08:29:19 pm »
+1
I'm forced to agree with Lemmy on not being able to hit a target at 20 yards more than 50% of the time. You really just don't know where the weapon will go at that range beyond a general direction (not to mention people will run out of the way). Now a horse at 20 yards is fairly easy to hit, especially if running perpendicular to you. Throwing is truly best against cav, they rarely pay attention if you don't have a spear and thus ride nice and close to danger, but only when the hit boxes aren't screwed up. This is with 7 PT and 140 wpf.