Author Topic: unban pls  (Read 1918 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
unban pls
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:13:18 am »
i've been banned permanently on EU1 by irc:/ unreal for destroying 1 of 2 identical ladders up to a roof...

lol

sorry for destroying the ladder

ABAND_Phil_von_Unterwald

EDIT - VERY sorry for destroying the ladder

second edit: i joined eu 6 after got banned from eu1 and had a good time
(click to show/hide)
, till some dude called johnny_longarm ragepolled me a few rounds later for owning him xD but i have no beef with him...now i can't get on any server but NA :(
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:08:30 am by polkafranzi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
Re: unban pls
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:32:31 pm »
i was there too , and pls remove this ban coz people destroying ladders all the time and now somebody ban him coz he swing one time on ladders ?? pfff

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:01:44 pm »
lol if one reads scotsmans post and answer my permaban is looking more and more ridiculous, imo..

also, wish my post could get an answer that fast...*sigh*

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:36:37 pm »
by irc://Unreal: destroying teammate ladders and by consequence teamdamaging everyone, unban 26th FEB

(got no more info myself)

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 07:25:27 pm »
Just dont destroy them, there is usally a reason for puting them where they are, regardless if there is already a ladder or not, espeically not if there are teammates on the ladder. In addition there is no reason for destroying them, right? So just dont do it and you wont have any troubles.
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »
ok i get it but i am usually the guy who brings ladders, only to watch them be destroyed by friendly archers who camp roofs...

did nobody see my comment that there were 2 identical ladders and i finished 1 off that was already damaged?  what happens to all those roof campers who destroy the only way to reach them? oh just cos not wathced by an admin they get away with it? cmon guys this is all a bit juvenile e.g. "unban on 26th" for hurting the team...dado can back me up here, i dropped him a MW danish sword every round, risking the breakage costs, just to help out the team.

ok i accept the bloody ban, but let me share with you 1 story which has stuck in my mind for a few weeks, totally in context with this ban:

you know the arena map, with the spectator stands? good, well there was at least 80 people on, including fallen random dude, a merc admin and then the guy in question: 'irc://"not gonna name him but he has an xbow"

mr xbow makes a ladder to the stands, DESTROYS IT, round after round same thing, hes always the last man, UNREACHABLE, gertting told by random dude to 'get down now' etc etc, but hey, he's irc, what does he care...funniest thing is, we all see a message pop up in chat "MERC_whoever he was has PERMANENTLY BANNED PLAYER irc:// xbow guy...

oh but what do you know, that doesn't work, cos he's an admin...still on the map, stilldoing the same ol' ladder tricks...

so tell me guys, where is the fairness in my ban?

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:55:53 pm »
Well, I wasnt there, but if it is really like you said I agree that a ban was a little bit harsh, especially if there is second ladder, however sometimes there are assholes who thinks it's cool to destroy the own ladders, while someone wants to clim up, that's why it shouldnt be done.

PS: "oh just cos not wathced by an admin they get away with it?" - Yes. I am sure that there is someone somewhere in the world who raped a women or killed a human or whatever and got away with it. But This doesnt mean that it's not forbidden ynmore, right? :)
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »
yes fair enough yaron and thank you for actually giving this time, but despite countless warnings on that night, he continued to do it...please, try to look at it from my angle here, compared to his ladder antics, i got no warning, nothing, just a permaban (temp would'a even been harsh imo)

and with all due respect, what is the 2 day ban gonna really achieve?  we've discussed the shit out of it, i know what i've done wrong, i'd like him to admit he was OTT, i said sorry straight away in my post, and in theory can carry on playing straight away - now that would make sense, 48 hrs to think about "oh no, i broke a ladder", cmon! 

i hate to say it, but this is why people are getting more and more pissed with administration and you don't have to be a genious to see why...

edit: i'm furious with myself that i didn't have fraps at the time, cos it was really worth watching...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:05:31 pm by polkafranzi »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »
Polkafranzi: well, unreal is the only one to unban you, so you gotta wait for him to read this thread. We, the other admins, are able to unban you, but its like a unwritten rule to not touch other admins bans.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »
thank you lilith   :)

i understand, that's probably there to not step on eachothers toes...

ok maybe a differen guy can lift it i hope :wink:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:01:44 pm by polkafranzi »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 07:03:39 pm »
still banned:
(click to show/hide)

i've done the time, Unreal hasn't been active on the forums since the night he permabanned me, i've pm'd him, lilith has told me other admins can lift the ban but only on their own even though now common sense should prevail?

will i get an acknowledgement or....can you imagine...an apology! from unreal...nahhh, won't get my hopes up

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 07:08:50 pm »
Unban 26th means 26th evening (20+ GMT).

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »
oh right i'm CET

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 12:53:15 am »
cmpxchg8b - nice one mate - look at the screenshot and pay peticular attention to the red highlighted area...

this is getting ridiculous now

(click to show/hide)

Offline Unreal

• Belieber
  • Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • Game nicks: Nord_Unreal / Nord_Surreal
  • IRC nick: [U]nreal
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 01:23:59 am »
In the previous round someone destroyed the ladder while I was climbing (with 3 more ppl) and we all fell to the ground getting damage.
Then next round I caught you destroying the ladder with ppl on it, despite I warned everyone about that.