Author Topic: Clan Banner Pack (v 4.2) Patch broke scripts again  (Read 83514 times)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
Re: Clan Banner Pack (v 4.1) Updated Heraldics (Again...)
« Reply #645 on: June 17, 2012, 03:01:17 am »
Overdriven, here is the revised banner. Much more banner-esque. Does this work out alright?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/nvp55h.jpg

Also, Niemand, even if you have a trace of a good point or valuable piece of information in that bunch of words you just wrote, no one's going to read it. You just wasted like a half hour writing that.

Not that your time is worth much anyway. (Sorry whoever moderates this, I'm easily annoyed by people that don't know how to take it easy)
goddamn. whothefuck did that? Didn't you say you got a graphics-designer in your rows?
Just because you put a picture of a piece of cloth behind it and put the logo in the front its not more "banner-esque".
Give me that fucking duckface, I will set it right. Then you finally got your peace and I don't have to keep looking at those bad attempts. Please in a resolution of min 200x200, if possible. .png prefered.

No worries, I never need half an hour for writing stuff like that, I just open more tabs at once, working one after another. But yah, I usually need a bit longer, english is not my first language and I try my best to maintain a minimum-level of grammar.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #646 on: June 17, 2012, 03:02:04 am »
Ooops, actually this version's better. Centered his face a little more.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2iax35j.jpg

That's good enough for me now! I'll add it in for next update.

Though I'd be tempted to take Niemand's offer  :P

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #647 on: June 17, 2012, 03:09:08 am »
That's good enough for me now! I'll add it in for next update.
THAT is good for anything? Dude. You're starting to loose your minimum requirements/standarts. :(

Edit: And if you seriously mean that: Please give them another slot. Put a nice banner next to the green sun... one that is able to compete. Not something like... whatever it wants to be. that loses without even putting up a fight.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 17, 2012, 03:12:04 am »
THAT is good for anything? Dude. You're starting to loose your minimum requirements/standarts. :(

Remember the noobs 4 boobs banner?  :P Tbh I'll set my standards by what was there before. Banner like Pillagers and Lost Legion are pretty bad in my opinion but they've been there a long long time. Even Bashi's blood splats aren't particularly appealing.

Edit: And if you seriously mean that: Please give them another slot. Put a nice banner next to the green sun... one that is able to compete. Not something like... whatever it wants to be. that loses without even putting up a fight.

I was already going to just for you  :P

Horker if you don't mind do you have another banner slot preference? Then at least Niemand will be a tiny bit happy  :wink:

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #649 on: June 17, 2012, 03:40:08 am »
the LL of lost-legion is okay (if its the one i remember). noobs4boobs suck, but their king is not the brightest and there is nothing they could put on their banner, because showing-off tits is a no-go. But yeah. that banner sucks. Pillagers looks like its painted on the metal of an old shipwreck - but at least a bit bannerish. BashibaSuck? dunno their banner atm. Checked it. Yeah. the bloodsplatters are too red. they gotta be more brown. especially on the green background. Mixing red and green is a no-go. But the one below "Shaiths Meelee Dojo" is way worse. Shadowing? Really? Oo
I also remember that fucking Reddit-alien. isnt that clan inactive after LLJK disbanded?

But Overdriven... pull yourself together. not everything is lost yet. It's your pack. It's your decision. You simply have to clean up and start using the word "No." for banner-submissions like that.

Tbh I'll set my standards by what was there before.
Okay. You can do that. But I have to remind you:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, and not to forget the one I love the (second-)most:

All those are banners that you had and have in your pack. All of those also look like banners. tryset those as your standart.
And if you want more:
(click to show/hide)

I was already going to just for you  :P
Thanks. Luv yu! <3

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2012, 04:18:37 am »
You're hilarious.
Try learning the language before claiming you're smarter than everyone.
You have the worst grammar I have seen in years. 
Stop trying to be an asshole in English.  Make your country look bad somewhere else.

Offline Horker

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2012, 04:28:27 am »
With all due respect (not to niemand cause he's a troll and doesn't deserve any), what's wrong with it? I guess I just don't know what you guys are expecting...it's freaking Dolan Duck on a flag...how do you make that look serious/medieval? I have a hard time seeing why the banners niemand displayed are that much better, other than the fact that they are of a more serious nature.

If you want, I'll edit the texture in the background to what looks to be the default banner background, if you'll link me the file. Is there some sort of template? I want to abide by your standards as much as possible, I really don't give a shit what niemand says lol. Just tell me what you'd like to see more or less of, and I'll make it happen. Semenstorm's is literally just their logo on a flat color background, with the banner texture under it.

Offline Horker

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2012, 04:35:00 am »
Overdriven, don't be influenced by Niemand. You're not lowering standards or being "too soft" or anything dumb like that. The guy thinks his opinion is the most valuable one. I can literally make the banner look like ANYTHING. I actually did go to school for graphic design, and just landed a job as a graphic designer for Game Informer magazine (dunno if you're familiar or not), but long story short, I can make it look however you need it to...I just need to know what you're looking for! :-)

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #653 on: June 17, 2012, 04:36:41 am »
You're hilarious.
Try learning the language before claiming you're smarter than everyone.
You have the worst grammar I have seen in years. 
Stop trying to be an asshole in English.  Make your country look bad somewhere else.

Now youre becoming personal.
Don'tcha have to do some homework? Oo

My grammar is alright, I know that. And even if its the worst you've seen in years... you are not coming around very much. Go into the faction halls and check out other clanthreads. :D

Me love you long time!

With all due respect (not to niemand cause he's a troll and doesn't deserve any), what's wrong with it? I guess I just don't know what you guys are expecting...it's freaking Dolan Duck on a flag...how do you make that look serious/medieval? I have a hard time seeing why the banners niemand displayed are that much better, other than the fact that they are of a more serious nature.

If you want, I'll edit the texture in the background to what looks to be the default banner background, if you'll link me the file. Is there some sort of template? I want to abide by your standards as much as possible, I really don't give a shit what niemand says lol. Just tell me what you'd like to see more or less of, and I'll make it happen. Semenstorm's is literally just their logo on a flat color background, with the banner texture under it.
If you want some unserious banners, I still got some left somewhere... like this

The difference is, that your banner is: some picture of a cloth-texture and on top of that you put some swords, two (+two) stripes and that Dolan.
Why don't the stripes have cloth-texture? and the swords? and the Dolan? They are just cut out and pasted over the cloth... and do not look like sewed on.

Hope you understood that, even with my really really bad grammar.

Edit: Wir können uns auch in meiner Sprache unterhalten, da kann ich euch als Deppen bezeichnen, weil ihr zu unfähig seid sie zu sprechen. Aber das wär keineswegs fair sämtlichen anderen Lesern gegenüber. ;)
So we will stick to english and you will have to deal with me talking a language that is not my first. Not everybody is blessed with growing-up in a former colony. :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:40:39 am by Niemand »

Offline Horker

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 17, 2012, 05:25:00 am »
The banner image I found was too wavy. It's difficult to impose an image onto something with such a rough texture. If I could find the banner image used in all the other ones (do you have the link, by chance?) it'd be a hell of a lot easier.

Offline green727

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2012, 05:31:48 am »

Banners are serious business man. Gotta keep this game serious because the fate of the world is depending on us and our banners. Gotta get good banners or else, I don't even know, the world is gonna go.

Offline green727

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2012, 05:33:05 am »
Not sure what the slots are about and why it matters who is next to them but you can switch ours to E-1-3 for Niemand

Offline chimy727

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Vidya Gamez pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2012, 05:45:02 am »
Your grammar really isn't good.  It would be unacceptable in a 3rd grade classroom.
I don't see why you have any voice in this.  You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2012, 07:48:39 am »
Not sure what the slots are about and why it matters who is next to them but you can switch ours to E-1-3 for Niemand
thx.

Your grammar really isn't good.  It would be unacceptable in a 3rd grade classroom.
I don't see why you have any voice in this.  You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to this.

My grammar... dude. I bet you never even saw a 3rd grade classroom from the inside.

Yah sure. I got no idea when it comes to banners. (First one, btw.)
Making cRPG-banners since one and a half year... and almost every single one of them had not even the slightest problem to get into the alternative bannerpack.
No, I got not even a bit of a clue. No No.

You guys play since around one week, got at least one banrequest on one of you and now try to troll me? nice try. Come back in two years, if your clan still exists then, but I seriously doubt that.

The banner image I found was too wavy. It's difficult to impose an image onto something with such a rough texture. If I could find the banner image used in all the other ones (do you have the link, by chance?) it'd be a hell of a lot easier.
Its not hard at all. As designer you should know how to use photoshop and the possibilities. But yes, I got a white texture for you:
-visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Good Luck with it. ;)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2012, 12:08:03 pm »
Only banner I've ever really made  :P Bar a couple of mock ups.
(click to show/hide)

Regardless keep it cool guys.