Author Topic: Recycle Skill/Attribute Points  (Read 305 times)

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Recycle Skill/Attribute Points
« on: January 21, 2012, 12:30:59 pm »
+1
As we all know, it can be a major pain in the arse to accidentally spend points on the wrong attribute, or be punished so severely for "trying something slightly new", especially when you do this upon reaching level 30. By punishment, I am referring to the 1-3 week grind from level 30 to 31, and then the additional 2-7 day grind just so you can play the game effectively with your new build.

My proposal is simple. I'm not asking for a complete and free respec, I'm just asking that a system be implemented which allows players to "meditate" once per generation, which lets them  redistribute their last (1) attribute and (2) skill points spent. (Pretty much bringing them back a level without taking away their experience). This would allow us to make that one mistake without having to face the dilemma of respecing and losing days/weeks of commitment or grinding out even more days/weeks of commitment on a build that you no longer wish to be committed to.

Respecing around level 30 is a very frustrating task. I have been there. You have been there. We have all been there. And we will continue to be there until something is done about it. Ladies and gentlemen, I ask you to support this motion, if not for yourself, then for the cRPG community.

*Slow patriotic music plays*

Folks, change begins here...now...with you and with me. You come home after a hard days work, you have your mate nagging in your ear, you are running out of your favorite beverage, you get on the internet and find that SOPA and PIPA are ruining all your favorite sites, and what do you do? You do the last thing you can do. You get on cRPG. Once you thought you were free from all of the insanity, you make one tiny mistake, and you're back in it. We are human, we make mistakes. It is okay to make mistakes every once in a while is it not?

I ask you, fellow citizens and founders of a great community, support this cause and let us flourish. Let there be no more pain. No more suffering. God bless you.

Offline Skurcey

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: =BoB=
  • Game nicks: BoB_Skurcey
  • IRC nick: Skurcey
Re: Recycle Skill/Attribute Points
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »
no!