Poll

Do you think that repairs should be banned? (Re-edited for smart asses)

Yes
No
No just reduce the costs

Author Topic: downsizing or plain getting rid of repairs (Reasons why)  (Read 3255 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: downsizing or plain getting rid of repairs (Reasons why)
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 11:55:11 am »
Sorry i don't check this regulary :S ok i used to use   

Pigface helmet
heavy kuyak
mail guantlets
shynbaulds   
and An awl pike                       

but now thanks to it draining all my funds i wear

Nomad Armour
pilgrim hood
leather gloves
sarranaid boots
and a zero budget two handed axe....
you should earn money with that. Perhaps you got a very unlucky day. Sometimes you loose much money but over the long run you should do good with this.

My equipment is worth around 28k and I make good money (not tons, though).

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:08 pm »
Pigface helmet
heavy kuyak
mail guantlets
shynbaulds   
and An awl pike                       
Total gear cost: 28305

My own total gear cost: 36444

Actually no, that is pretty fucking expensive (and heavy).

That is actually a surprise for me ptx, even though I do have a good banner and might have quite a high average multiplier, his equipment is pretty cheap. I make steady money with my 36k gear, not really fast, but it keeps on increasing.
I have heard that wearing daggers in your extra slots decreases breaking chance of your good items, although the explanation that was given to me made no sense at all because of the way breaking chance is calculated, I do wear daggers. Not sure if it works. Atleast it looks cool and its fun to kill the last man standing with them.

You can obviously downgrade on leg armour. Leg hits do less damage anyway, and they don't get hit all that much as it is only the lower leg portion of the body. Shynbaulds with a heavy kuyak is a complete waste of money. I actually wear Rus cavalry boots with my Rus lamellar Cuirass, they cost 400 gold. Is that a good idea? Not sure, but you have way too expensive leg armour.

You need to have a gold reserve, losing for a few maps in a row quickly drains my gold. I can drop well over 5k in a session. But other sessions have me going on a x5 streak that easily cancels out the losing streak. You really need to have a buffer to get you through the rough patches of atleast 20k. Grind low armour up to 20k and then start using your usual gear. Sometimes it may seem you are losing money but in the long run I really doubt you do.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 12:38:43 pm »
Sorry, wasn't paying much attention, just saw shynbaulds (one of the more expensive leg armor) and pigface helmet (also expensive), didn't pay attention to the rest... must get more sleep :rolleyes:

Then again, 1 expensive piece of equip can cost you a lot more than 2 less expensive pieces (with the same combined price), if you are unlucky...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:39:51 pm by [ptx] »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »
I have heard that wearing daggers in your extra slots decreases breaking chance of your good items, although the explanation that was given to me made no sense at all because of the way breaking chance is calculated, I do wear daggers. Not sure if it works. Atleast it looks cool and its fun to kill the last man standing with them.
damn, I allways thought I would do something silly in matters of repaircost only because of appearance and a bit roleplaying ("you can never have too many daggers" blabla)

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 12:56:25 pm »
AFAIK, breaking chance for individual items is not influenced by their number... so, wearing more items (daggers) = more repair expenses.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 01:56:07 pm »
AFAIK, breaking chance for individual items is not influenced by their number... so, wearing more items (daggers) = more repair expenses.
Thats what I said, but some of my clanmates were convinced otherwise. They said something a long the lines of that you break those daggers a lot due to having no wpf in it, preventing other items to break, makes no sense afaik.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 02:01:16 pm »
Nonsense, yeah.

To add to my previous post:
Balancing out the costs of your equipment, so that most of your items are in the same price range probably won't decrease your repair expenses, but will at least make them more predictable and stable, making it easier to track whether or not you are making gold with your setup.